Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wingspan to height proportion  (Read 1605 times)

Jokerhastowait2022

Wingspan to height proportion
« on: October 10, 2020, 05:55:32 PM »

Okay, I know proportions are overrated and everyone is different cause different genes, and etc. Having relatively short legs sucks more than having relatively short arms, but we need take into consideration that it doesn't look good to walk around like a trex either. based on my observations, most men tend to have wingspan equal to their height or more. And in rare cases, yeah there are dude's out there with shorter arms but not as much. My question here is, what should be the maximum difference between wingspan and height before starting to look off or unpleasant to the human eye, Height- wingspan=?

Best regards,
Chasingthedream

Hagane

Re: Wingspan to height proportion
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 07:39:57 PM »

so the thing about arm length is it is proprtional to torso length jsut like leg
as long as your arms are long enough to fit in your pockets, they will look proportional.

this is one thing people on this board don seem to understand:
you arms wont look short if you lengthen your  legs, because your torso stays the same length
your legs will simply look long for your torso
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 08:08:26 PM »

I see, but there's gotta be a limit, thou. Think about it. Somebody who is going to increase one pair of his limbs by 2 inches would certainly pull it off, if he has a longer torso. But let's say someone is going to do 4 inches in two segments, wouldn't you think in that case his legs are really tall for his wingspan? Lets say there's a 4 inches difference between his height and wingspan? Although clothes can cover some of that, but still it seems like something is not right.

Hagane

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »

I see, but there's gotta be a limit, thou. Think about it. Somebody who is going to increase one pair of his limbs by 2 inches would certainly pull it off, if he has a longer torso. But let's say someone is going to do 4 inches in two segments, wouldn't you think in that case his legs are really tall for his wingspan? Lets say there's a 4 inches difference between his height and wingspan? Although clothes can cover some of that, but still it seems like something is not right.

i agree something will look off
what im trying to get at is the the arms wont look weird
the legs will simply look freakishly long
gained  55.55mm

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 09:38:48 PM »

Having longer legs is perceived to be attractive, but still there needs to be a balance between height and wingspan, and the difference between them shouldn't be significant. What I really want to get out of this topic is that What the max difference between height and wingspan should be to the extent that somebody won't realize that there's something wrong with the proportions.

Best wishes,
Chasing the dream

P.S: I understand that this concept can be relative,too. But since we generalized "safe lengthening amounts" as 5cm on tibias and 8 cm on femurs, I think it's a good idea to the same for this one.

Hagane

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 10:04:36 PM »

Having longer legs is perceived to be attractive, but still there needs to be a balance between height and wingspan, and the difference between them shouldn't be significant. What I really want to get out of this topic is that What the max difference between height and wingspan should be to the extent that somebody won't realize that there's something wrong with the proportions.

Best wishes,
Chasing the dream

P.S: I understand that this concept can be relative,too. But since we generalized "safe lengthening amounts" as 5cm on tibias and 8 cm on femurs, I think it's a good idea to the same for this one.

yes i agree that longer yes will lok better to a certain extent.
 i guess the best way to put it is dont look at wing span to height.
just focus on torso to leg or leg to total height

because the most important thing

gained  55.55mm

Hagane

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 10:07:21 PM »

yes i agree that longer yes will lok better to a certain extent.
 i guess the best way to put it is dont look at wing span to height.
just focus on torso to leg or leg to total height

because the most important thing

trust me bro
you will drive yourself insane fixating on these numbers, just look at user A
his height neurosis probably got worse
gained  55.55mm

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 10:25:37 PM »

Yeah I absolutely agree with you, I joined this forum because of height insecurities ,and now I am drving myself mad about proportions. I think I should stop treating this surgery as something that transforms you into a greek god, and rather approach it as a tool to achieve an average height. But hey, You always want more, and that's in human being's nature i suppose.

Best wishes,
Chasingthedream

Iron_Man

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 11:58:17 PM »

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/c408/6657261b7f912f4e32639bcccb18ebb40f25.pdf
You may find it helpful. Study among Czechs. According to table 2, with an average height of 181 cm, the average arm span is 183.6 cm

Bane

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 06:13:10 PM »

As long as your arms are long enough so your hands can fit in your pockets, that’s fine. The main concern is how long your legs are compared to your height. Dr Paley has a video saying that the top of your femoral head should be 51% of your height. Actually, he didn’t say it’s a mandatory rule, but that’s the general guideline for averages. It’s okay to go over a little than 51% as longer legs are considered attractive, like models. But how much more before the limit where the legs are excessively elongated, I do not know.

Bane

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 08:23:09 PM »

https://nypost.com/2020/10/12/maci-currin-the-worlds-tallest-teen-is-also-an-instagram-star/amp/

17 year old Maci Currin is 6’10”. Not only her height is excessive, but her legs are also excessive, which makes her legs 60% of her height. The average leg height is about 51% of a person’s height. And she is considered attractive, famous on social media, and an aspiring model. So disproportionately longer legs tends to be better with aesthetics, not worse.

Pages: [1]   Go Up