Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 14cm lengthening mockup proportion, what is your opinion  (Read 2564 times)

Hagane

Re: 14cm lengthening mockup proportion, what is your opinion
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2020, 12:17:34 AM »

as ghkid said it would be much safer to lengthen one segment at a time with at least a year in between to maximise his body's ability to lengthen
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Bruno Mars

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2020, 12:53:52 AM »

1 inch of height is not noticeable. So at 1m75, you will be almost in the range of those who are around 1m73-1m78. I do not see any difference in this group of people standing at 1m74/75. The difference is getting more noticeable at 2 inches or about 5 cm. If you get in good shape, I guarantee you that 1m75 still looks attractive as hell.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2020, 12:59:06 AM »

Hi friend, you mention 8 femurs + 6 tibs, that's what I am talking about as well.

Doing this is surgery is in itself dangerous. Obviously lengthening too much is exponentially riskier. I just know that Giotikas allows for 8cm femur and 6cm tibias assuming everything goes well (that's what he has commented in one of his videos on youtube), and I just wanted to know if theoretically I would be able to pull this off (meaning I would not look like an alien)

I don't know much about Sweden, but afaik he did 7.5 cm on tibias with Ilizarov method. From 6cm to 7.5cm that is a big increase. Perhaps 6cm is also terrible, perhaps it can be tolerated by a selected few, I don't know. Maybe with TSF instead of traditional Ilizarov or even better with Stryde 6cm is more realistic?

Yes, if your mind is set with 14 cm. Then do 8 + 6. But I think it is a pretty crazy amount. 5 + 5 or 6+5 is more reasonable if you have the money and time!

exceeding2meters

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2020, 11:07:23 AM »

I really have no clue how possible 14cm is in reality, it is very well possible my body wouldn't be able to tolerate it, maybe after the doctor says the added range of side effects I won't want to do it anymore, maybe I won't be able to handle all the pain.

But in the hypothetical case that these variables wouldn't be a problem, I just wanted to know how I would look, and I think I pull it off pretty well compared to other mockups I've seen. 6cm + 5cm would also make me happy for sure.
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

deletedaccount

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2020, 03:48:53 PM »

1 inch of height is not noticeable. So at 1m75, you will be almost in the range of those who are around 1m73-1m78. I do not see any difference in this group of people standing at 1m74/75. The difference is getting more noticeable at 2 inches or about 5 cm. If you get in good shape, I guarantee you that 1m75 still looks attractive as hell.
That's interesting. I clearly notice the height difference quite distinctly between someone who is an inch taller or shorter, and I have measured my dad to be half an inch taller than me and the height difference is a little noticeable. I also notice that occasionally when he has been on his feet and I'm just out of bed I look a hair taller so I also notice morning-night height variations visually. Maybe I'm just very autistic.

Athens

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2020, 04:39:16 AM »

Stryde, if you’re seeking 10cm. No brained, just get 8cm with femurs, and that’s it. You’ll feel happy to leave LL behind. Again, don’t go through crippling pain and surgery and money for 2 measly centimeters. 8 will be perfectly fine once you’ve gone through the recovery and have been fatigued from the process.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2020, 05:06:19 AM »

Stryde, if you’re seeking 10cm. No brained, just get 8cm with femurs, and that’s it. You’ll feel happy to leave LL behind. Again, don’t go through crippling pain and surgery and money for 2 measly centimeters. 8 will be perfectly fine once you’ve gone through the recovery and have been fatigued from the process.

Ideally I go for 14. I would noy rebreak for 2cm that's dumb obviously. But for another 6cm it is a different story (always assuming that is possible, I have never spoken to a doctor)

Athens

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2020, 12:54:46 AM »

You may want one segment, start off maxing femurs. Then, if you go for more, you will spend more money, go through a harder recovery than femurs, and have unnatural proportions for life.
Ideally I go for 14. I would noy rebreak for 2cm that's dumb obviously. But for another 6cm it is a different story (always assuming that is possible, I have never spoken to a doctor)
Do you mean to tell me you plan on getting 14cm on femurs? That's not the most advisable course of action I can tell you that. Those who have gotten 10cm on femurs wish to do reduction becuse while theyre nked with that tinder girl, they have gotten weird comments. They actually felt more confident going from 10 to 8 for example.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2020, 03:28:29 AM »

I want to do 8 fem 6 tib not 14 on one segment, I am not a madman

Jackieeechan

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2020, 08:25:54 AM »

Do you think you can pull off 14cm? Most people dont even get to 8cm in fem alone and forget about tib. Its easier to do mockups and plan but when it comes to reality you will need to go for what's safe for you.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2020, 10:10:00 AM »

Do you think you can pull off 14cm? Most people dont even get to 8cm in fem alone and forget about tib. Its easier to do mockups and plan but when it comes to reality you will need to go for what's safe for you.

I said already, I was just curious to see what is theoretically possible to achieve without looking like an alien. Whether I can pull that off in real life is a different story.

Jackieeechan

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2020, 12:54:45 PM »

If you can pull it, it wont look weird. I have seen/know people with long legs. You just need to get muscle on the legs to make it look adjusted with your torso.

Siegfried

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2020, 01:00:15 PM »

@instrydemyfaith
All the mockups Look Fine.
Just curious, since i will be going for 10cm (6+4]: what’s your wingspan?
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

exceeding2meters

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2020, 01:26:46 PM »

@instrydemyfaith
All the mockups Look Fine.
Just curious, since i will be going for 10cm (6+4]: what’s your wingspan?

From a crude measurement I made, I am between 170 - 173. I don't have a wide back so I guess a fair number of cms comes from my arms. My height is 164.

I think 10cm is generally fine for proportions. But knowing wingspan is not enough I think. It also matters leg/torso ratio, femur/tibia ratio (but since you are lengthening both you'll probably be ok) and imo also arm length/total height. But these are just my observations so take it with a grain of salt
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up