Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feasible?New option:lengthening tibia once and femur twice  (Read 619 times)

Astronomy

Feasible?New option:lengthening tibia once and femur twice
« on: January 04, 2021, 11:46:01 AM »

It means that its an option to lengthen tibia without rebreaking afterwards but lengthening femur with rebreaking afterwards.
If your fund is not enough to Paleys 8+8cm option.
Then for example I wanna lengthen to 13cm,first I choose to lengthen my tibias by 5.5cm and then I lengthen my femurs by 4cm and then rebreak it by 4cm by Paley to achieve my 13cm dream.
I cant think of any problems included in it.I dunno what u guy think?

Skyisthelimit

Re: Feasible?New option:lengthening tibia once and femur twice
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 11:53:15 AM »

Sounds doable. The main downside of this strategy is the amount of time you’re gonna lose recovering. Expect to spend at least 2 years of your life recovering. If you have that amount of spare time, then go for it.

tgogo

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 11:58:24 AM »

It means that its an option to lengthen tibia without rebreaking afterwards but lengthening femur with rebreaking afterwards.
If your fund is not enough to Paleys 8+8cm option.
Then for example I wanna lengthen to 13cm,first I choose to lengthen my tibias by 5.5cm and then I lengthen my femurs by 4cm and then rebreak it by 4cm by Paley to achieve my 13cm dream.
I cant think of any problems included in it.I dunno what u guy think?
Hi bro ,
I have as a dream lengthening 14 cm , but I am planning to do  2 surgeries : 8 cm on femur and then 6 cm tibia , I hope it's acheivable and doable.

Astronomy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 12:09:27 PM »

Sounds doable. The main downside of this strategy is the amount of time you’re gonna lose recovering. Expect to spend at least 2 years of your life recovering. If you have that amount of spare time, then go for it.
So correctly u said.Im a programmer.This strategy wont impact on me very much therefore I got this idea.

Astronomy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 12:10:42 PM »

Hi bro ,
I have as a dream lengthening 14 cm , but I am planning to do  2 surgeries : 8 cm on femur and then 6 cm tibia , I hope it's acheivable and doable.
Actually u should listen to your body.But I can tell you 8cm femur is very difficult so 2 surgeries arent enough

overandover

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 12:58:25 PM »

Quadrilateral lengthening is hard and painful. If you think you have the willpower to do it then go for it.

tgogo

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 01:09:33 PM »

Actually u should listen to your body.But I can tell you 8cm femur is very difficult so 2 surgeries arent enough
okay , I have read a lot of 8cm lengthening , i think it's a standard , you can search for lot of diaries of lengthening on the forum

Astronomy

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 01:17:53 PM »

Quadrilateral lengthening is hard and painful. If you think you have the willpower to do it then go for it.
I also only want to do surgery once but I will be still short and it even is the same with 8cm femur(Im 162cm tall at night).170cm srsly is still short.

overandover

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 01:29:13 PM »

why don't you do 8 cm in the femur than see how you feel and then maybe after a year or 2 you can do 5 cm in the tibia. You can wear 3-inch elevator shoes. 175cm is good enough unless you are from the Netherlands or something. I am 164.5 cm and I am thinking about doing 8cm first and then 3-3.5cm in the tibia after a year or 2.

tgogo

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 01:33:00 PM »

why don't you do 8 cm in the femur than see how you feel and then maybe after a year or 2 you can do 5 cm in the tibia. You can wear 3-inch elevator shoes. 175cm is good enough unless you are from the Netherlands or something. I am 164.5 cm and I am thinking about doing 8cm first and then 3-3.5cm in the tibia after a year or 2.
hi ,
you can acheive with tibia 7 cm , why would you limit yourself at  3cm

Astronomy

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 01:37:43 PM »

Maybe that was my fault that I didn't make it clear that my plan is to do lengthening two years apart,not at the same time.
I mean patients can lengthen tibia by 5cm or so at first and 1-2years later if he or she is still not satisfied with his height he or she can then go for twice femur surgeries.

overandover

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 01:48:35 PM »

overandover

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 01:48:55 PM »

hi ,
you can acheive with tibia 7 cm , why would you limit yourself at  3cm

You can do a max of 20% of your original bone length according to most surgens. I am planning to do an external tibia and 3cm tibia will take less time and I don't want to wear an external fixator for long period. I am avoiding internals to avoid permanent knee pain. 3cm of the tibia will take 1-1.5 months to lengthen and 3 months to recover so total of 4 months of wearing fixator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up