Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on proportions  (Read 603 times)

L4A

• Visitor
Thoughts on proportions
« on: November 12, 2020, 12:28:18 AM »

I am 165cm tall now and hoping to do two operations in the future to get to 178, do my proportions prevent me from doing this without looking unnatural? Would an arm lengthening also make sense (I don't see any cosmetic arm lengthening before/after photos so hard to see the effect of longer humerus)

Tibia+Femur: 81.7cm
Tibia/Femur: .78
Sitting Height (165-81.7): 83.3cm
Wingspan (not sure if measuring this correctly): 167.6cm

L4A

• Visitor
Re: Thoughts on proportions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 01:15:44 AM »

Not sure if the Sitting Height measurement is correct (I subtracted length of my lower body from my total height)

deletedaccount

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 01:23:59 AM »

Sitting height is too low for 5'10", measure it again

L4A

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 01:45:35 AM »

Just did and it seems right. What would be a good goal with 83.3cm sitting height?

exceeding2meters

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 05:26:53 AM »

We cannot tell you what lengthening you can tolerate without mockups, and even then you cannot know for sure because of lens distortion

Also tape measurements are inaccurate. You need xray to have precise numbers, then it makes sense to make calculations

For Arm lengthening unfortunately there are few cosmetic cases so we have little clue as to what could happen long term

I know Apo did it, and I know Betz and Donghoon do it (although it is pretty costly). Dr. Assayag also mentioned once that he has done it on a patient and I think dr Solomin does it as well
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

deletedaccount

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 07:28:38 AM »

Just did and it seems right. What would be a good goal with 83.3cm sitting height?
Sit up on a hard table with a tape measure next to you and measure your eyelevel without tilting your head and add 11-12 cm, if you still get the same number it's probably right
With 83 cm I would go for no more than 5'7", below a 0.49 SH/H ratio starts to look aesthetically deleterious from my observations
Pages: [1]   Go Up