Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you think about my proportions? ( Tibia lengthening)  (Read 513 times)

Jokerhastowait2022

What do you think about my proportions? ( Tibia lengthening)
« on: October 21, 2020, 10:22:03 AM »

Hello to all of you!

I just did a mock-up on my tibs for different ranges (5-6-7 cms), and was wondering what you guys think about the proportions over all??
do you think 7 cms would through my proportions off?
In my opinion, 6 cms look the best.

Here's the link:
https://ibb.co/6ch1SrL

Cheers,
Chasingthedream

exceeding2meters

Re: What do you think about my proportions? ( Tibia lengthening)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 10:58:54 AM »

5 cm good, 6cm pushing it a bit, 7cm looks bad imo

Do you plan one or two surgeries? I think if you would also want to lengthen femurs you would look better with only 5cm tibia

The only thing that worries me is that your arms look short even in the original
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 11:07:32 AM »

Thanks for the response, InStrydeMyFaith!

Yes, you're right 7 cm looks really off when compared to my original femur length and also wingspan.
at first I was planing to do 2 surgeries with 10 years of gap between each ( i'm in my early twenties), but It just doesn't seem to be worth it for several reasons, one of them being my wingspan. I have a wingspan equal to my height( 5' eight) and additional 4 inches would make me look like a T-rex lol. So, most probably i'll do 5.5 cms if 6cm is pushing it also.

Best wishes,
Chasingthedream

exceeding2meters

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »

Thanks for the response, InStrydeMyFaith!

Yes, you're right 7 cm looks really off when compared to my original femur length and also wingspan.
at first I was planing to do 2 surgeries with 10 years of gap between each ( i'm in my early twenties), but It just doesn't seem to be worth it for several reasons, one of them being my wingspan. I have a wingspan equal to my height( 5' eight) and additional 4 inches would make me look like a T-rex lol. So, most probably i'll do 5.5 cms if 6cm is pushing it also.

Best wishes,
Chasingthedream

From my observations, there are two factors to consider when it comes to whether arms are short. How long the arms are against femurs and how long they are against your whole legs. Also, it seems that the real problem with short arms starts when wingspan is - 8cm. Again just my observations.

In this regard, indeed for proportions tibia would be the safest (because it will only mess arm to whole leg ratio and not arm to femur ratio) and with 5cm your wingspan would be in the safe range, short arms but not noticeable certainly not t rex.

I don't know where you live, but 5 10 in general is a pretty good height. I d probably steer clear of a second surgery at that point to save some money as well, but that is your call of course.

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 01:46:33 PM »

I see, So is it safe to lengthen the tibias 7 cm proportion wise? since the difference between my height and wingspan would be 7cm? I'm kinda fixed on numbers, so I consider 5'11 tall, and 5'10 average. I'm feel like my height dysphobia will still persist if I don't get to 5'11, even if it means that I have to sacrifice some sort of a balance in proportions.

Regards,

exceeding2meters

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 02:05:49 PM »

I think that at 7cm the difference or arm length against whole is too much.

Again, take what I say with a grain of salt, these are my own aesthetic observations.

I wouldn't sacrifice proportions for only 1 cm. Better wear chunky sneakers or a formal shoe with a bit higher heel imo

deletedaccount

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 02:21:31 PM »

Regardless of proportions 7 cm is too much to lengthen on tibias, stick to 5-6 max.
Pages: [1]   Go Up