Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Assayag in MD  (Read 23900 times)

Ahd1978

Re: Femurs with Dr. Assayag in MD
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2021, 03:29:57 PM »

Hey guys

This is what I was talking about

I lost around .8 cm

And recently I gained back .3 so only .5 cm is lost. It’s impossible for us to have full firstly doc said due to 3 dimenstional nature of bone. Besides all muscles being tight the posture is all messed up.

What did help me were resistance bands. If you can have it around pole or something solid and pull the bands towards your chest. The back gets an awesome posture and core also gets stronger supporting the back. Within a week I gained a few mm.

Fchez are u going for full 8.

Going-For-Three

« Reply #218 on: April 25, 2021, 05:17:14 PM »

Hi guys !!
It happens the same to me too...
My latest X-rays show a 7 cm distraction and the actual height has only increased 6 cm ...
The curve of the back subtracts between half a cm and 1.5 cm, it depends on the degree of inclination of your lumbar area. In my case, my lower back is very curved, so much so that it is impossible to hit the middle of my back when I support my head and my legs against the wall.
I suppose that if we work the lower back well and regain the flexibility of our hips, over time we will gain those lost millimeters ...
By the way Razal, I am glad that you are already so close to your goal, and I hope that your bone goes better every day, surely you get it💪
Do you mean the surgery + lengthening made your posture worse? If the posture is about the same before and after surgery, then the gain would have been normalized, I would imagine.

FSchez

« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2021, 06:24:48 PM »

Hey guys

This is what I was talking about

I lost around .8 cm

And recently I gained back .3 so only .5 cm is lost. It’s impossible for us to have full firstly doc said due to 3 dimenstional nature of bone. Besides all muscles being tight the posture is all messed up.

What did help me were resistance bands. If you can have it around pole or something solid and pull the bands towards your chest. The back gets an awesome posture and core also gets stronger supporting the back. Within a week I gained a few mm.

Fchez are u going for full 8.

My goal is to achieve 8 cm, as long as my muscles hold ... I have only a few days left, so I think I will achieve it.
I know that the recovery will be more difficult than if I stop stretching now, but with my initial height (161.5 cms) my goal was to get as close as possible to 170 cms.
Thanks for the advice friend !!
I will practice it to improve the position of my back ;)

FSchez

« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2021, 06:29:55 PM »

Do you mean the surgery + lengthening made your posture worse? If the posture is about the same before and after surgery, then the gain would have been normalized, I would imagine.

I think my posture worsened when I passed 5 cm, and every day it has gotten worse due to the tension in my hips ... I am sure that if I manage to correct my posture I will increase my initial height by almost 8 cm, although if I manage to increase 7.5 cm at my initial height I will be satisfied :D

RazalDazal

« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2021, 01:34:26 AM »

Hi everyone,

So to be clear on ERC I have lengthened 73MM or 7.3 CM but in X-rays I am showing 69MM (6.9CM)

RazalDazal

« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2021, 01:35:33 AM »

Finally done with Lengthening  yay!  :)

Serilium

« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2021, 02:04:59 AM »

I am so happy for you Razal!

Congratulations man! Not on just the height (you're almost as tall as Dr. Assayg now haha) but your feeling of height neurosis being cured. At the end of the day that is what we are here for. And there is no better feeling than to be free of those nagging thoughts in your head. It really changes things when your at the Baltimore zoo and not self conscious about your height but instead caring about real issues like your wife and son eh? Everything changes. We start to appreciate life more. And that is the best thing you can get from this surgery.

So happy for you. Not many diaries where I truly appreciate the author so much. Thanks for sharing your entire journey with us. 🙏🏻

🍻 🍻

BelowTheMean

« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2021, 02:33:07 AM »

Congrats on finishing lengthening, RD! I totally get that feeling of the lengthening phase dragging on after months and months. Do you feel like your gait and flexibility are a bit worse than they were in the middle of lengthening? It was like that for me at the end of lengthening, but my muscles have loosened up a lot since then. Are you going to continue going to PT? I'm still going, but I can't decide if it's worth it or not. I feel like the consolidation phase is starting to drag on for me as well because I was expecting to have a normal gait by this point, but I'm not quite there yet. Best of luck fighting the tightness!

Also, thanks for reminding me, I need to return my ERCs to Nuvasive! ;D
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2021, 04:45:07 AM »

Congrats, RD!! Very happpy for you 😄. Thanks again for all the insights and being so open about sharing your journey - very helpful and much appreciated!!
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Going-For-Three

« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2021, 05:10:37 AM »

Congrats RD! 7cm is nothing to sneeze at brother!

Want-3-inches

« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2021, 05:35:33 AM »

Man Razal I am REALLY happy for you. In one of the camera angles I see from your perspective and you almost look eye level with Dr Assayag.

Ahd1978

« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2021, 06:07:55 AM »

Congrats brother

Looking good. I’m also tagging along behind you and thank you for your videos.

I agree last phase of reaching goal and constant repetition of lengthening day after day gets mentally exhausting.

Btw I got answers for our questions on adjustment of vessels and organs like heart for the increased height

The answer was this no doctor has had extensive research in field of long term effects of limb lengthening.  However data suggests that taller people have less high blood pressure issues.

The right way to ascertain the effects would be for every cll patient to have his ultrasound and ecg before surgery and after surgery have that monitored to see difference if any in the organs or flow of blood.

I think doctors should inform patients and we should have this data for ourselves to be able to know this for future.

So if you want you can get an ultra sound and have that taken evenly 3 months to see what difference arises and if al truly adjusts.

Hope I was able to help with that.

Once again congrats on your journey and hope consolidation goes smooth

Want-3-inches

« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2021, 08:11:49 AM »

Yup I posted a video from Dr Assayag in another thread. Clinical examination seems to be the main way by which this procedure is considered to be safe to perform.

Like you said it would be good if doctors performed more detailed research. They can use unilateral cases too. Especially because the ethical dilemma of CLL is so high, it would be worthwhile to have every bit of research in place to help everyone take an informed decision.

Ahd1978

« Reply #230 on: April 26, 2021, 11:23:38 AM »

Agreed

I wish I had done my ultrasound and ecg before surgery and not just blood tests

This way i would have had more data to compare with for long run. 

I guess only person with over 20 years of experience in this is PALEY.

If someone can ask PALEY to give accurate information on this would be very beneficial

But I know some of his patients who have done 15 cm are all fine and healthy

FSchez

« Reply #231 on: April 26, 2021, 11:25:10 AM »

Congratulations Razal !!
I hope that your recovery in the recovery phase is as good as possible and that you regain your way of walking as before the operation.
I'm sure you will get it soon
Stay strong my friend !!

Want-3-inches

« Reply #232 on: April 26, 2021, 12:20:42 PM »

Agreed

I wish I had done my ultrasound and ecg before surgery and not just blood tests

This way i would have had more data to compare with for long run. 

I guess only person with over 20 years of experience in this is PALEY.

If someone can ask PALEY to give accurate information on this would be very beneficial

But I know some of his patients who have done 15 cm are all fine and healthy

Hmm you're probably the best to ask Paley since you're a current patient ;)

Ahd1978

« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2021, 12:51:49 PM »

Victor from cyborg for life best person as he gives doctors mileage

I was a patient till I didn’t pay fees.

Once fees paid surgery done than PALEY leaves you with his assistants

lol

Tartar

« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2021, 08:09:10 PM »

Best whishes! You deserve the best recovery possible :)
Congrats brother

Looking good. I’m also tagging along behind you and thank you for your videos.

I agree last phase of reaching goal and constant repetition of lengthening day after day gets mentally exhausting.

Btw I got answers for our questions on adjustment of vessels and organs like heart for the increased height

The answer was this no doctor has had extensive research in field of long term effects of limb lengthening.  However data suggests that taller people have less high blood pressure issues.

The right way to ascertain the effects would be for every cll patient to have his ultrasound and ecg before surgery and after surgery have that monitored to see difference if any in the organs or flow of blood.

I think doctors should inform patients and we should have this data for ourselves to be able to know this for future.

So if you want you can get an ultra sound and have that taken evenly 3 months to see what difference arises and if al truly adjusts.

Hope I was able to help with that.

Once again congrats on your journey and hope consolidation goes smooth

Don't bee hypochondriac. During the lenghtening and for months after I was always tired, no breath sometimes even after few steps, then it goes way better. At your stage you are still totally broken Idk what can you expect better than that. It's a very long journey.

RazalDazal

« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2021, 10:30:03 PM »

Thank you everyone <3

RazalDazal

« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2021, 10:31:13 PM »

PT during consolidation

billsmafia

« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2021, 03:03:17 AM »

Amazing!! RD can you do a video about proportions please (:

Ahd1978

« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2021, 06:50:18 AM »

I have had best recovery here at institute in first 5 cm.

I was walking a km at 3,5 and was ready to max out nail going steady at 1mm

My issue didn’t arise in my head. I had severe erratic heartbeat. Being out of breath and tired I could handle. And then dimmer levels being high and elevating wasn’t a good sign.

Had I not increased level of heparin in time it could have been another story.

In any case I am not scared by it. I have only asked others as breathing has not been a complication for many. But I think o am to bottom of it.

It seems like a severe case of GERD due to all heparin and pain killers where stomach lining is all messed up and acid reflux is entering lungs causing this breathing.

Have started pills for same and in 3 days I already feel lot better.

Only reason I shared with all is for all to know as each body is different and reacts with different complications.

Where I thought my bone formation was going great and all going like text book I now have GERD issue which I would have never seen coming.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2021, 01:20:06 PM »

Amazing!! RD can you do a video about proportions please (:

You notice nothing. Just look at his videos 3 inch in femur will never screw your proportions.

John wick

• Visitor
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2021, 11:30:29 PM »

He could do a tibia too and still normal . I barely see any changes in his proportions.

RazalDazal

« Reply #241 on: April 28, 2021, 10:22:53 PM »

My Height Neurosis after surgery and lengthening

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2021, 12:20:41 AM »

Thanks RD for another great vlog! Proportions look great. Can’t wait to hear about the reactions of others to your new height; congrats again 😁
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Ahd1978

« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2021, 08:31:07 AM »

Awesome brother

So so happy for you

I am sure tightness has now started to gradually decrease. Do you feel a difference in waking with tightness being lot less now

Btw proportions look awesome

Eye2eyepls

• Visitor
« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2021, 08:03:34 PM »

So sorry for the absence  :-\

Aside from my regular job, I am also working on a new tech startup which siphoned the reaming time I used to have. I will make a video update.

But here is the summary:

- I started to take higher doses of Calcium, Magnesium and Vit. B3.
- x-ray continues to show improvement
- I am reaching my goal in about couple of days YAY  ;D of 67MM. So i will be stopping my lengthening pretty soon here
- If my concavish callus does not improve, Dr. Assayag will remove the screws on my rod in couple of months so I can exert more pressure on my bone and cause it to grow more callus. The bone graft is of course always present as an option if this does not improve.

So far things are OK. I will continue to get x-rays and monitor my progress
Hey Razal, thank you so much for sharing your history. I'm really glad you're getting great results so far! Are you afraid of feeling more pain in case you finally get the screws removed from you rod? Or that it could detract from your progress?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2021, 08:37:44 PM »

Raza, congratulations man! You're exhuding confidence and happiness in your recent videos, I'm really happy for you! Wow. I'm eagerly waiting for your next video!
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

RazalDazal

« Reply #246 on: April 30, 2021, 08:45:01 PM »

Thank you L8GrowthSpurt <3

Thanks RD for another great vlog! Proportions look great. Can’t wait to hear about the reactions of others to your new height; congrats again 😁

RazalDazal

« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2021, 08:47:23 PM »

Hi Ah, nice to hear from you. I wish I was in Poland lol (nice place)

The tightness is decreasing but has not gone away. I do get pains here and there but I am walking daily on treadmill with high elevation for half hour everyday.

Walking is getting better everyday. I am going to work every other day now and that is causing me to walk more which in turn is helping my gait 

Awesome brother

So so happy for you

I am sure tightness has now started to gradually decrease. Do you feel a difference in waking with tightness being lot less now

Btw proportions look awesome
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up