Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Assayag in MD  (Read 23709 times)

RazalDazal

Re: Femurs with Dr. Assayag in MD
« Reply #248 on: April 30, 2021, 08:49:23 PM »

Hi Eye2eyepls,

The way I understood the screw removal is an outpatient procedure and would be similar to getting surgery and stiches and going home same day. Compared to what I been thru, the screw removal does not worry me   

Hey Razal, thank you so much for sharing your history. I'm really glad you're getting great results so far! Are you afraid of feeling more pain in case you finally get the screws removed from you rod? Or that it could detract from your progress?

RazalDazal

« Reply #249 on: April 30, 2021, 08:49:54 PM »

Thank you fivefootwhatever :)

Raza, congratulations man! You're exhuding confidence and happiness in your recent videos, I'm really happy for you! Wow. I'm eagerly waiting for your next video!

Ahd1978

« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2021, 09:02:17 PM »

Hey brother

Just to give you more feedback

My breathing was combination of GERD due to all acid jn stomach from medicines which I am taking medicines for now.

Other result was in EKG of heart which shows an enlarged aorta and pressure on the left ventricle. Before surgery didn’t have this issue. Not blaming surgery for it.

But being 43 maybe adjustment in organs of body isn’t same as it would be for younger people. 

So my journey of distraction ends at 7 cm and I won’t be distracting further as no doctor is able to give me concrete answers on this enlarged aorta.

One has to monitor this dilation and in future if need be get minor surgery to fix the issue.

I love my new height at 183.5 distraction but net 183

However I wish to highlight to all cll patients that what I am going through can happen with anyone and to say let’s push it without thinking would be serious mistake. 

Our organs will go through major shift and all I suggest to all is have your pre surgery tests done on  organs and have those stats with you.

So post surgery easier to evaluate over time how hey adapt to surgery.

I will brief all in separate full diary. 

I will also be consolidating from next week RD so glad we in final stages of it.

RazalDazal

« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2021, 09:11:13 PM »

Oh wow! 183! So cool dude!

many congrats to you and kudos for sticking to what YOU think is good for you and your body!

Hey brother

Just to give you more feedback

My breathing was combination of GERD due to all acid jn stomach from medicines which I am taking medicines for now.

Other result was in EKG of heart which shows an enlarged aorta and pressure on the left ventricle. Before surgery didn’t have this issue. Not blaming surgery for it.

But being 43 maybe adjustment in organs of body isn’t same as it would be for younger people. 

So my journey of distraction ends at 7 cm and I won’t be distracting further as no doctor is able to give me concrete answers on this enlarged aorta.

One has to monitor this dilation and in future if need be get minor surgery to fix the issue.

I love my new height at 183.5 distraction but net 183

However I wish to highlight to all cll patients that what I am going through can happen with anyone and to say let’s push it without thinking would be serious mistake. 

Our organs will go through major shift and all I suggest to all is have your pre surgery tests done on  organs and have those stats with you.

So post surgery easier to evaluate over time how hey adapt to surgery.

I will brief all in separate full diary. 

I will also be consolidating from next week RD so glad we in final stages of it.

billsmafia

« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2021, 06:25:31 AM »

Looking great Raz. Would u be able to do proportion barefoot? And slightly bending knees? And Scars now?

Congratulation on nearing tail end of your journey. Fantastic.

Hagane

« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2021, 06:02:21 AM »

Finally done with Lengthening  yay!  :)

69mm
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

AllinStryde

« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2021, 06:26:47 PM »

This is such a cool diary.  Congrats dude.  I did the exact same thing as you back in fall/winter of 2019.  While many people seem to not return to this forum after they are done, I come here all the time.  Doing LL is such a dramatic thing in your life that I can't just "forget" about it and move on.  I want to hear other people's stories, continue to read diaries, and answer questions for people along the way.  Some people can put it behind them 100%, but I definitely like to keep up with this specialized life-changing procedure.  Thanks for the great vids, don't get rid of them!  I haven't made it through all of them yet!

RazalDazal

« Reply #255 on: May 15, 2021, 03:49:48 AM »

Serilium

« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2021, 04:30:31 AM »

Awesome Razal. Love these "sit down & chat about life" videos. Really awesome man, I can tell your baseline happiness and optimism has just been rising. Finally you can fully focus on your career now and tunnel vision into success!

Cheers

billsmafia

« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2021, 11:02:52 PM »

Great update Raz. These videos are so helpful for the community.

I know you mentioned no proportion problem with shorts on, but how about when nked? Does it still look weird

Also in the next video could you show knee bending / squat motion with shorts on?

RazalDazal

« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2021, 11:15:35 PM »

Leg Lengthening's affect on Sexual Drive

Hercules

• Visitor
« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2021, 05:00:54 AM »

MAIN POINTS FROM RAZALDAZAL’S VIDEO UPDATE “Sex after LL (part 49)”:

Hi guys,
RazalDazal’s latest video is super informative, I suggest you watch it.  However, if you’re not going do that I’ve summarized (below) some of the main points from his latest video. Enjoy!  Please note, I’m NOT RazalDazal, nor have I contacted him - I’m just someone who watches his videos.  So please do not send me questions about his situation, as I am just an observer.  -Hercules

At 5:00 in video:
RazalDazal says HE -MIGHT- NEED A SECOND SURGERY.  (The decision to move forward with a second surgery might be made during his next meeting with Doctor Assayag, when they review new x-ray images of his femurs in a couple weeks).  RazalDazal might need a second surgery because his bone callus is not forming sufficiently on the lateral side of both of his femurs.  In the second surgery Dr. Assayag would REMOVE HIS STRYDE NAILS AND REPLACE THEM WITH NON-WEIGHT BEARING TITANIUM RODS. Dr. Assayag would remove the Stryde nails during the second surgery because they might be hindering Razal’s bone callus formation. Replacing Stryde with non-weight bearing rods will cause RazalDazal to walk around with crutches which might help Razal to  put pressure on his legs which might help the bones recover.  Please watch the video for more info about that. A bone graft using stem cells would also be performed.  The goods news is that insurance might pay for the second surgery because the second surgery is addressing a COMPLICATION of the original cosmetic limb lengthening surgery. Dr. Assayag and his team are helping & talking to RazalDazal’s insurance company about this matter.  (To avoid any confusion, please note that insurance did not pay for the original limb lengthening surgery - insurance does not pay for cosmetic procedures).

At 1:10 in video:
RazalDazal says in response to people asking him this, that limb lengthening surgery did not cause erectile dysfunction or anything bad like that  He says he still has normal sexual function, so don’t worry about this issue if you are considering limb lengthening.  However, RazalDazal did not start having seks again until 3 months after the surgery because he didn’t feel like it in the first month and had pain in his (healing) legs if he tried it during the second month.

At 3:08 in video:
RazalDazal has been active in his house and yard, but his muscles in leg and buttocks are not at fully recovered yet.  For example he still cannot his bend legs fully so he cannot squat down all the way, and he needs to push himself off a chair with his arms for assistance.

RazalDazal

« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2021, 03:36:53 AM »

Update on how the gait is coming along

Want-3-inches

« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2021, 05:37:07 AM »

MAIN POINTS FROM RAZALDAZAL’S VIDEO UPDATE “sxx after LL (part 49)”:

Hi guys,
RazalDazal’s latest video is super informative, I suggest you watch it.  However, if you’re not going do that I’ve summarized (below) some of the main points from his latest video. Enjoy!  Please note, I’m NOT RazalDazal, nor have I contacted him - I’m just someone who watches his videos.  So please do not send me questions about his situation, as I am just an observer.  -Hercules

At 5:00 in video:
RazalDazal says HE -MIGHT- NEED A SECOND SURGERY.  (The decision to move forward with a second surgery might be made during his next meeting with Doctor Assayag, when they review new x-ray images of his femurs in a couple weeks).  RazalDazal might need a second surgery because his bone callus is not forming sufficiently on the lateral side of both of his femurs.  In the second surgery Dr. Assayag would REMOVE HIS STRYDE NAILS AND REPLACE THEM WITH NON-WEIGHT BEARING TITANIUM RODS. Dr. Assayag would remove the Stryde nails during the second surgery because they might be hindering Razal’s bone callus formation. Replacing Stryde with non-weight bearing rods will cause RazalDazal to walk around with crutches which might help Razal to  put pressure on his legs which might help the bones recover.  Please watch the video for more info about that. A bone graft using stem cells would also be performed.  The goods news is that insurance might pay for the second surgery because the second surgery is addressing a COMPLICATION of the original cosmetic limb lengthening surgery. Dr. Assayag and his team are helping & talking to RazalDazal’s insurance company about this matter.  (To avoid any confusion, please note that insurance did not pay for the original limb lengthening surgery - insurance does not pay for cosmetic procedures).

At 1:10 in video:
RazalDazal says in response to people asking him this, that limb lengthening surgery did not cause erectile dysfunction or anything bad like that  He says he still has normal sxxual function, so don’t worry about this issue if you are considering limb lengthening.  However, RazalDazal did not start having seks again until 3 months after the surgery because he didn’t feel like it in the first month and had pain in his (healing) legs if he tried it during the second month.

At 3:08 in video:
RazalDazal has been active in his house and yard, but his muscles in leg and buttocks are not at fully recovered yet.  For example he still cannot his bend legs fully so he cannot squat down all the way, and he needs to push himself off a chair with his arms for assistance.
Thanks for the summary. Instead of replacing Stryde with non weight bearing rods, couldn't he be made to hold some dumbbells and made to walk so that his bones start to bear the weight?

RazalDazal

« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2021, 01:17:55 PM »

Hi Want-3-inches, I have been doing exactly the exercises u described. I will see in my next visit if there is any improvement. Ask for replacing the rod My guess is he was thinking to do that at the same time of doing bone grafting/Stem cell therapy

Thanks for the summary. Instead of replacing Stryde with non weight bearing rods, couldn't he be made to hold some dumbbells and made to walk so that his bones start to bear the weight?

AllinStryde

« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »

Hey Razal, thanks for the entire diary, but your latest video caught my attention, for certain.  The EXACT same thing happened to me on the medial aspect.  I also had Stryde nail.  There is talk of perhaps placing permanent hardware in the area.  I did not know that insurance may assist in complication or corrective procedures after the initial procedure, I am going to delve into this further.  I am coming in at about 1.75 years post-op and it's time for the nails to come out.

RazalDazal

« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2021, 01:26:35 AM »

wow very interesting. So were you able to recover in your bone? If you are getting the rods out, I am assuming your bone grew ok?

During my last visit, we discussed different options and Dr. Assayag is still discussing those with the insurance.

That's the dilemma.... insurance stuff depends on what benefit plan you have.. moreover, your surgeon would want to deal with the insurance process in the first place for it to get approved. 

Hey Razal, thanks for the entire diary, but your latest video caught my attention, for certain.  The EXACT same thing happened to me on the medial aspect.  I also had Stryde nail.  There is talk of perhaps placing permanent hardware in the area.  I did not know that insurance may assist in complication or corrective procedures after the initial procedure, I am going to delve into this further.  I am coming in at about 1.75 years post-op and it's time for the nails to come out.

RazalDazal

« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2021, 01:27:29 AM »

Are you still doing LL surgeries?:(0:00)
Is there an age limit for LL procedure?:(1:13)
When should we stop smoking before LL?:(2:00)
Updates on Stryde Availability?:

Apollo676

« Reply #266 on: June 21, 2021, 05:09:10 AM »

End of 2022 for stryde seriously ? Is it like probable or they could even go for 2023 if they really need to make a new nail basically ?
That's really disappointing stryde was really something amazing i wish i had that surgery a few months ago

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #267 on: June 21, 2021, 05:47:46 AM »

End of 2022 for stryde seriously ? Is it like probable or they could even go for 2023 if they really need to make a new nail basically ?
That's really disappointing stryde was really something amazing i wish i had that surgery a few months ago

Yes I also received the same answer from the team of Dr Paley 2022-2023
Is precise 2 not suitable for you?

overandover

« Reply #268 on: June 21, 2021, 01:47:02 PM »

Waiting for stryde is not at all worth it now. Precise is the only option apart from externals .

Apollo676

« Reply #269 on: June 21, 2021, 02:50:25 PM »

There is no way precise could support my weight ( 80kgs ),and i would be stuck in bed basically for a year,i might even consider externals on femurs at this point

V21

« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2021, 10:06:03 PM »

There is no way precise could support my weight ( 80kgs ),and i would be stuck in bed basically for a year,i might even consider externals on femurs at this point
I know of a couple patients with that weight and they can use walker with no issue. I was 82 kg but I'm trying to cut as much weight as possible, right now at 75. You won't be able to weight bear, but using walker is possible.

billsmafia

« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2021, 08:21:58 AM »

What happen

SpeedDialer

« Reply #272 on: August 31, 2021, 12:08:35 AM »

Razal, thanks for making this amazing diary with video!

If you wanted to do nail removal with insurance with Assayag, what would you look into? My state health insurance marketplace for individuals doesn't have a PPO option and I'm outside of Maryland (but within driving distance of Assayag) so I am not sure any kind to get insurance that can cover nail removal

What might you do? Go to Parihar or Giotikas for nail removal or are there other cheap and safe options?

Dreamer57

« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2021, 06:04:45 AM »

Hey man, I saw you last video about things to do in Maryland! I am eagerly waiting for an update!! Would be really great if you can make a video about your gait, walking, running and other athletic activities...also a thorough update about your current status would be nice! All the best !!!

Petersburglength

• Visitor
« Reply #274 on: January 26, 2022, 06:25:17 PM »

Bump. Hope consolidation isn’t coming along okay Raz

Height Journey

« Reply #275 on: January 26, 2022, 09:48:20 PM »

Bump. Hope consolidation isn’t coming along okay Raz

Hey, Raz will being doing a Live interview hosted by Cyborg4Life, along with a few other LL patients with a YouTube channel (including me), on Thursday, January 27 at 6pm EST.

Raz's YouTube channel name is strydenail

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMhc2ERk--U

3.7cm tibias with Precice 2.2 nails in 2022
7.0cm femurs with Precice 2.2 nails in 2021

YouTube: YouTube.com/HeightJourney

Petersburglength

• Visitor
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2022, 02:33:54 AM »

Hey, Raz will being doing a Live interview hosted by Cyborg4Life, along with a few other LL patients with a YouTube channel (including me), on Thursday, January 27 at 6pm EST.

Raz's YouTube channel name is strydenail

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMhc2ERk--U

Oh awesome, looking forward to it!

Dirona

« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2022, 08:14:29 AM »

How are you doing?
Taking it easy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up