Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Depressed about my height  (Read 1175 times)

dgshorty

• Visitor
Depressed about my height
« on: October 22, 2020, 12:20:42 PM »

Hallo , I am 31 years old man from Eastern Europe and lately I am becoming severly depressed about my height. My morning height is 178.5-179cm and it goes down to 177.5-177cm through the day probably. In my country average is probably 180 ,but I see everywhere big guys 185-190cm. I have always been the small kid ,been bullied ,suffered a lot of depressions through my teen years and my 20s, my father was abusive and alcoholic. Otherwise I am in good shape ,I workout ,I am 78-79 kg now and I will try to bulk until around 83-85 (just to see if I will look bigger). I had 2 girlfriends in my life ,but both times I lost them because of my insecurities ,I don't think I will ever be able to hold a relationship ,but that's another topic. I don't know what I am doing on this forum ,since I don't want to get limb lengthening surgery ever ,I love running and soccer and can't imagine living without it ,so don't want to touch my legs. I want to ask you for some advice how to cope mentally with this   , I have all the time this feeling that I am not good enough ,I am small ,I am not a real man, all the time comparing myself with other men on the street and its so hard to get through every day.

Kal el

Re: Depressed about my height
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »

If u think u r small...then take me for instance 5'8 skinny as fk guy.....now be happy..if average in ur country is 180 then its ok u rnearly average...so chill....and ur height is good enough for the rest of the world....in most countries....and ur weight is excellant

dgshorty

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 04:52:06 PM »

Thank you mate for your reply, weight is something you can change ,height is not. And we are judged by height, especially women are very rude sometimes, but I guess will have to learn to live with it.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 06:36:58 PM »

weight is something you can change ,height is not.
+1
Got downvoted the other day on reddit by some single digit IQ sheep because I wrote that being short is much worse than being skinny, we all know why (a crybaby insisted that it was very hard for him to put on mass and I shouldn't compare those two), as a risky permanently damaging 50k+$ limb lengthening surgery is easier.

And we are judged by height, especially women are very rude sometimes
I know exactly what you're talking about. Shallow, hypocritical, stupid b*tches that are insecure about their own height/body, can't even tell the difference between 3cm and 3inches, but many of them get offended when someone is rejecting women because of their weight, which as you said can be changed, unless you're a lazy weak-willed couch potato that can't stop eating.

but I guess will have to learn to live with it.
Avoid this type of women.

As for your OP, I have no useful advice, since I'm here, but
a) you're not that short, and
b) this is an interesting thread about possible surgery alternatives, if it makes you feel better (hopes up)
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65471.msg178784#msg178784
Looking for an alternative.

Jackieeechan

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 08:17:08 PM »

where do you live mate? I believe 5'10 is a good height all over the world for men.

dgshorty

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 08:51:51 PM »

Hi mate ,I live in small country in East Europe (Bulgaria) ,to be honest growing up height never bothered me ,acne bothered me more ,so I think I have some body dismporphia thing. Then I went to work in Denmark for couple of years and I was the shortest in my work, people were calling me shorty at my work ,they were all 6.2 6.3 6.4 at least north men. So I think I got this height thing in Denmark,because they are really tall there. I will tell you a story ,we went with friend one day after work to drink beer in a bar ,there was high school party ,around 50 high school boys and girls ,and all the boys were taller than me ,and there were probably 2-3 girls shorter than me ,rest was taller or my height. Now back in my country ,I feel below average also ,I will tell you another story ,I was buying coffee at gas station ,girl cashier cute ,her height was 165cm maximum ,so I asked her can I get her coffee some time ,she asked me how tall I am ,I replied (178cm) 5.10 ,she said oh no you are too short ,I was like wtf ? Who am I supposed to date then when even short girls are rejecting me. Thanks for your replies guys ,I guess it is all in my head ,I have resolution from tomorrow not think about that and to try to enjoy life.

Jackieeechan

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 09:00:04 PM »

I would suggest you to build a good muscular body, first. Then even after that if you feel rejected by girls, go for the surgery.

P.s- most of the Hollywood actors are within 5'10 to 6ft range.

dgshorty

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 09:09:02 PM »

I have muscular body, sport is something that makes me happy so I always do it. I will try to work on positive view towards life ,anyway women are not most important thing. Thanks for your help mate.

Iron_Man

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 11:55:39 PM »

Wikipedia says that the average height in Bulgaria is 175.2 cm and among women is 163.2 cm. Is this far from the truth?  In theory, you should be at least average with your 177-178.
Plus, you can just tell the girls that you are 180. I doubt that those who are below 170 will suspect anything

dgshorty

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 06:33:33 AM »

It is wrong ,in capital I think average is 5.11, and among young people 16-30 I think it is 6ft probably. I see girls 5.10 - 5.11 all the time.

Movie

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 07:20:47 AM »

You're taller than me even after I did 8 CM femurs, ended up at 1.75 I'm sure if you improve in other aspects of yourself you'd be able to find happiness, if I were to be 5'10 naturally I'd be $75K richer right now and very happy.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

init1alove

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 08:00:23 AM »

You are only 2 cm shorter than the average, man.. I know you have height dysphoria, but do try psychotherapy first..

Jackieeechan

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 08:20:01 AM »

Don't get me wrong but I think you are below your mentioned height. I would suggest you to measure your height again. And if you are truly 5'10, in Bulgaria you should have been above average or at least average.

I travel to Bulgaria once, mostly tourist areas and most men were 5'9 to 5'11. And girls 5'4 to 5'7.

dgshorty

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 08:36:35 PM »

I measured it today ,179cm in the morning 177.5cm at night, I have 180cm written on my ID card (measured by doctor), but I had long hair back then and style it upwards probably that's why. I am average yeah ,probably that's the problem and probably I have some kind of psyhological issues ,will try to work more on other aspects of my life and be more positive and not read too much in internet. Thanks for you help guys , I appreciate it really.
Pages: [1]   Go Up