Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to grow without surgery?  (Read 4974 times)

Jackieeechan

Is it possible to grow without surgery?
« on: October 22, 2020, 08:38:09 PM »

I celebrated my 20th birthday last week, and was wondering if i can gain at least 2 inch without surgery. Is there any method available? And any chance that my growth plate has not been closed yet?

Bane

Re: Is it possible to grow without surgery?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 08:41:32 PM »

Once your growth plates are closed, the answer is NO.

Jackieeechan

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 08:47:52 PM »

When does a males growth plate usually closes?? I grew like 2 cm last 6month. Any chance i still have open growth plates?

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 09:04:13 PM »

When does a males growth plate usually closes?? plates?

Even if you hit puberty late, you’re unlikely to grow significantly after the ages of 18 to 20. Most boys reach their peak height around the age of 16.

https://www.healthline.com/health/do-guys-keep-growing-until-age-25

I grew like 2 cm last 6month. Any chance i still have open growth plates?

You wouldn’t be growing if they were closed, would you?

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 06:25:36 PM »

Is it possible to grow without surgery?

I celebrated my 20th birthday last week

If your growth plates have closed, there's still a small chance of you gaining some height from your spine.

Is there any method available?

At the moment, there's not. It's not a question of 'If' but 'When' (to grow without surgery). 10 or less, 20, or "many many" years as some say?

Stem cells seem promising;
We need to find a way to make the inactive stem cells in the closed plates turn to chondrocyte, to enhance the chondrogenesis + make bones out of these chondrocytes and target these methods to the growth plate.

Interesting info in this thread:  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65471.msg178784#msg178784

Also, that guy Tyler started "the revised" LSJL method 2 months ago or so:  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65630.0
and claimed 4 days ago that he probably gained 1/4 to 1/2 inch:  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/lsjl/modified-lsjl-update-method-t1032-s130.html
but hasn’t provided any proof for it.
Looking for an alternative.

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 11:16:27 PM »

Hiting your bones 600 times per day with a hammer to "gain" 1 cm in some years. And some people think this is a way to become taller and not some bs of a madman who hurts himself...insane at least.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 06:23:31 AM »

Hiting your bones 600 times per day with a hammer to "gain" 1 cm in some years. And some people think this is a way to become taller and not some bs of a madman who hurts himself...insane at least.

Jesus Christ man, do you really need to trash every height increase alternative comment on this forum?

And you criticized them as "a madman who hurts himself" as someone who paid a doctor his years of saving to break his tibias and permanently hampered his athleticism? LMAO

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 08:19:47 AM »

Jesus Christ man, do you really need to trash every height increase alternative comment on this forum?

And you criticized them as "a madman who hurts himself" as someone who paid a doctor his years of saving to break his tibias and permanently hampered his athleticism? LMAO
At least I became 3 inches taller and I am not still a miserable man like you who is against LL (in an LL forum!) and at the same time thinks as a possible alternative to hit 600 times hard your bones with a hammer to gain 1 cm in some years, without even a proof about it.

Thats the difference. I did what it took to become taller and I am, even with less athletic abilities and you are still miserable about your height and maybe you'll start hiting yourself like a madman with a hammer because a crazy scamer told you to do it to maybe gain 1cm in many years .
Thats the difference between a sane person who succeed his target and a weirdo who hits his bones with hammers and cries about his short height, that won't change no matter how hard he hits himself.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 08:42:07 AM »

I did what it took to become taller and I am, even with less athletic abilities

That's no way to go. Too massive of a cost.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 09:16:25 AM »

because a crazy scamer told you to do it to maybe gain 1cm in many years .

Didn't you read the post? 2 months. Stop parroting 'many many years' everywhere.

And some people think this is a way to become taller

That's why we ask for proof? Mention one person who thinks that. One.

and not some bs of a madman who hurts himself...insane at least.

Dude, you willingly broke and permanently damaged your legs to become taller and ball pein hammer tapping seems too much now?

who is against LL (in an LL forum!)

This is not a Limb Lenghtening Surgery forum.
This is a Limb Lengthening forum. Which means it's about any way that can/possibly can lengthen your limbs (legs). Surgery is the way to go as of now, that's why most discussions here are about it.

Body Builder

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 10:56:20 AM »

Didn't you read the post? 2 months. Stop parroting 'many many years' everywhere.

That's why we ask for proof? Mention one person who thinks that. One.

Dude, you willingly broke and permanently damaged your legs to become taller and ball pein hammer tapping seems too much now?

This is not a Limb Lenghtening Surgery forum.
Before that 2 months of bs hamering nonsense the same person talked about years for 1 cm.
And also, if you think too that this is a stupid scam, then why are you refering to him as a possible alternative to LL?
Can you understand how stupid is to mention a madman who hurts himself with a hammer as a possible (even without proofs) way to become taller in a forum that talks about a scientific method to get taller?
It is like writing on a forum about cancer which talks about chemotherapy, radiation etc that someone says that he cures cancer by eating bananas. That stupid.

And finally, this IS a forum about limb lengthening surgery, not a forum about geting taller generally.
Even if it was, talking about crazy people that hammer themselves tonget taller would have been at least a joke, but still. Maybe some time gene therapy etc make you taller but it is for sure that hamering bs won't.

And yes, I broke my legs to become taller because it is the only way and it is enough safe, thats why it is legal.
You can hammer your bones and maybe jump from your balcony to become taller, if you think that LLers are insane and people who believe in all these bs are more sane then guess in which category you belong.

Tartar

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 11:07:49 AM »

Before that 2 months of bs hamering nonsense the same person talked about years for 1 cm.
And also, if you think too that this is a stupid scam, then why are you refering to him as a possible alternative to LL?
Can you understand how stupid is to mention a madman who hurts himself with a hammer as a possible (even without proofs) way to become taller in a forum that talks about a scientific method to get taller?
It is like writing on a forum about cancer which talks about chemotherapy, radiation etc that someone says that he cures cancer by eating bananas. That stupid.

And finally, this IS a forum about limb lengthening surgery, not a forum about geting taller generally.
Even if it was, talking about crazy people that hammer themselves tonget taller would have been at least a joke, but still. Maybe some time gene therapy etc make you taller but it is for sure that hamering bs won't.

And yes, I broke my legs to become taller because it is the only way and it is enough safe, thats why it is legal.
You can hammer your bones and maybe jump from your balcony to become taller, if you think that LLers are insane and people who believe in all these bs are more sane then guess in which category you belong.
You're wasting your breathe, they just want hope not answers

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 11:32:09 AM »

I don't think legal necessarily means safe.

It just means what you do with your life is your business as long as you can pay the doctor his money.

maybe jump from your balcony to become taller

LOL that's legit funny

ZUCC420

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 12:04:11 PM »

And that's why you're too invested in the century old ilizarov LL and thus completely blinded by sheer contempt for any other alternatives.

It's so obvious from your posts that are imbued with contempt, hatred and condescension for anyone that advocates a potential for a better method, since you had to use the ŝhitty one you wouldn't let others even dream of a better one.

This crabs in a bucket mentality is just what I expected from a gym rat broscience "dude" that thinks he looks better than millionaire male models and constantly harps on about how "masculine" he appears to females lol.

The stereotypical napoleon complex got the better of you even after LL huh? Always got to toot your own horn about how macho you are, how gifted you are genetically that building muscles compensated for having long legs (which doesn't even make any sense logically), how you understand the ladies so much via your masculine spidey senses or whatever.

This is putative toxic masculinity If I ever saw one, normally I'd think the femenazis are out of their minds but now I'm sure they are talking about guys such as yourself, narcissistic self-aggrandizing delusion bastards.

You come across as an insecure muscle bound fruitcake that's a regular subscriber of "Art of Manliness" self-help articles written to assuage men with fragile self-esteem issues whose having a midlife "masculinity" crisis, reads Rollo Tomassi's "Positive Masculinity" and Neil's "The Game" books on how to pick up women and keeps on pugnaciously self-aggrandizing like "brahhh dis skinny prettyboy ain't sh¡t standing next to ME and my BadBoi DARK TRIAD PERSONA" on the internet to complete strangers.

Stop comparing yourself to world-class male models and popular celebrities when you ain't sh¡t, just a nobody loser that spent thousands of dollars on a fringe barbaric surgery just to get to average height solely in order to be liked by women lmao.

Someone needs to put you back in your place and I'd be happy to oblige, you pathetic sad little man.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:35:25 PM by ZUCC420 »
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 02:08:41 PM »

I don't think legal necessarily means safe.

It just means what you do with your life is your business as long as you can pay the doctor his money.

LOL that's legit funny

Legal means safe enough to not let you with disabilities, as you want to show LL. And for sure it is safer than hiting your bones 600 times per day with hammer and crazy bs like that.

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 02:15:42 PM »

Legal means safe enough to not let you with disabilities, as you want to show LL. And for sure it is safer than hiting your bones 600 times per day with hammer and crazy bs like that.

Wow

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 02:21:38 PM »

Except I'm talking about the "new/revised" LSJL method which he started applying 2 months ago. And looks like you know more about Tyler than I expected. Been lurking over that forum, you, the guy who isn't searching for alternatives?

Why I either have to think it's "a stupid scam" or it "works for sure". I don't know.
And as I said:
The problem is that this joint loading method most likely doesn't do sh*t. We need to focus on other alternatives.

Lol! How's this relevant? And I'm sure you're the type of guy to visit r/longevity and write aging is a good thing, it gives life meaning and other Stockholm syndrome close minded horse-sh*t like that.

No it's not. It says "Limb Lengthening Forum" not "Limb Lengthening Surgery Forum".
Let me put it this way; If a non/less invasive method to become taller appears, for example with stem cell therapy/minimally invasive laser osteoctomy or something and clinics start offering the procedure, do you think anyone here will talk about the traditional nail-implant-painful-risky-permanently-damaging lengthening surgery?

Not only that, but there are people in this forum interested in surgery alternatives. For example this thread http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65471.0
blew up (20% of the replies are your "Nothing will happen for the next many years", but that's a different story).

Take a look at the Off Topic board. Threads about possible height increasing alternatives get 3x and 4x views in comparison with everything else.

And what's illegal?

Wtf.

1) I don't.
2) I certainly don't belong in the close minded BroScientist category. Guess who belongs in that one.

Body Builder

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »

And that's why you're too invested in the century old ilizarov LL and thus completely blinded by sheer contempt for any other alternatives.

It's so obvious from your posts that are imbued with contempt, hatred and condescension for anyone that advocates a potential for a better method, since you had to use the ŝhitty one you wouldn't let others even dream of a better one.

This crabs in a bucket mentality is just what I expected from a gym rat broscience "dude" that thinks he looks better than millionaire male models and constantly harps on about how "masculine" he appears to females lol.

The stereotypical napoleon complex got the better of you even after LL huh? Always got to toot your own horn about how macho you are, how gifted you are genetically that building muscles compensated for having long legs (which doesn't even make any sense logically), how you understand the ladies so much via your masculine spidey senses or whatever.

This is putative toxic masculinity If I ever saw one, normally I'd think the femenazis are out of their minds but now I'm sure they are talking about guys such as yourself, narcissistic self-aggrandizing delusion bastards.

Someone needs to put you back in your place and I'd be happy to oblige, you pathetic sad little man.
First of all, yes there is not any alternative for now, for at least the next few years and personally I believe for at least 2-3 decades as we are not close to an alternative even in an experimental stage.

That said, who are you to speak to me like that? I don't even know you. I am a veteran with a diary on the old forum, I helped many users and people generally to learn many things about LL that only a veteran could answer, I always try to help any current LLer by checking his x rays, his condition etc and giving my 2 cents if things are right or no (from my experience and only) and generally I support as much as I can most of current or future LLers.
Who are you to judge me?
Someome who attacks me because I say that hiting your bones with a hammer is something only a stupid person would believe that will make you taller? I haven't criticized gene therapy and all these scientific things, I just said I believe we need many years for a non invasive alternative.
But I won't let anyone post bs about hammers and madmen or scammers who promote height gaining by hurting themselves!
Simple as that.

I spoke to you much more polite than you did as you see.
But the next time you call me pathetic or any other insult, I will speak to you exactly the same, although I don't find it useful but whatever.
Afterall, all these bs you call me behind your pc you would never dare to tell in front of me. That little man's arm, as you called me, may be easily bigger than your quadriceps.

You can hammer your bones as much as you want. But be polite with the other users, except you want some extra hammering.

Body Builder

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 02:28:50 PM »

Except I'm talking about the "new/revised" LSJL method which he started applying 2 months ago. And looks like you know more about Tyler than I expected. Been lurking over that forum, you, the guy who isn't searching for alternatives?

Why I either have to think it's "a stupid scam" or it "works for sure". I don't know. And as I said:

Lol! How's that relevant? And I'm sure you're the type of guy to visit r/longevity and write aging is a good thing, it gives life meaning and other Stockholm syndrome close minded horse-sh*t like that.

No it's not. It says "Limb Lengthening Forum" not "Limb Lengthening Surgery Forum".
Let me put it this way; If a non/less invasive method to become taller appears, for example with stem cell therapy/minimally invasive laser osteoctomy or something and there are clinics that offer the procedure, do you think anyone here will talk about the traditional nail-implant-painful-risky-permanently-damaging lengthening surgery?

Not only that, but there are people in this forum interested in surgery alternatives. For example this thread http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65471.0
blew up (20% of the replies are your "Nothing will happen for the next many years", but that's a different story).
Take a look at the Off Topic board. Threads about possible height increasing alternatives get 3x and 4x views in comparison with everything else.

And what's illegal?
Wtf.

1) I don't
2) I certainly don't belong in the close minded BroScientist category. Guess who belongs in that one.
I don't.know anything about that crazy man or lsjbl or whatever that   is called.
I just opened your links and I was amazed of the stupidity of some people who believe a madman who says that hitting your bone 600 times per day will make you taller.
Thats why I answered you like that, because it is a shame for a forum like that here to post crazy  bs like these.
It is so simple.
Talk as you want about genes and all these, altgough it IS a limb lengthening surgery forum, but when you post links about scams that.put naive people in danger of really hurting themselves, I will answer you like that.
Kilokahn or other mods should have banned posts like this bsljb bs but even if they don't, I'll do what I believe it is right.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 02:32:06 PM »

I haven't criticized gene therapy and all these scientific things

You have. Not in this thread, but you have.

I don't.know anything about that crazy man or lsjbl or whatever that   is called.
I just opened your links and I was amazed of the stupidity of some people who believe a madman who says that hitting your bone 600 times per day will make you taller.
Thats why I answered you like that, because it is a shame for a forum like that here to post crazy   like that.
It is so.simple.
Talk as you want about genes and all these, altgough it IS a limb lengthening surgery forum, but when you post links about scams that.put naive people in danger of really hurting themselves, I will answer you like that.
Kilokahn or other mods should have banned posts like this bsljb bs but even if they don't, I'll do what I believe it is right.

There are people who have died, got permanently crippled or are at constant pain with premature arthritis and you're telling me that tapping your legs with a light ball pein hammer is more dangerous?

Good thing you're not a moderator.

Body Builder

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 02:42:06 PM »

There are people who have died, permanently crippled or are at constant pain with premature arthritis and you're telling me that tapping your legs with a light ball pein hammer is more dangerous?

Good thing you're not a moderator.
I am telling you that LL is safe but has risks like all surgeries. Maybe more than any other cosmetic surgeries but still it is relatively safe if you don't go to a butcher in a third world country.
And you take the risks becsuse it is the ONLY way to become taller.
By hammering your leg you risk injuries for NO REASON AT ALL. If you can't understand the difference between taking risks (even generally more) for a real reason and taking risks for no reason at all, then that discussion is really meaningless.

To sum up, do you believe that that crazy lsjbs thing has even 1% possibility to make you taller ?
Your answer will tell a lot about your mentality and your iq level.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 02:54:10 PM »

I am telling you that LL is safe but has risks like all surgeries. Maybe more than any other cosmetic surgeries but still it is relatively safe if you don't go to a butcher in a third world country.
And you take the risks becsuse it is the ONLY way to become taller.
By hammering your leg you risk injuries for NO REASON AT ALL. If you can't understand the difference between taking risks (even generally more) for a real reason and taking risks for no reason at all, then that discussion is really meaningless.

You said the surgery is more safe; I’m really starting to be convinced you're just trolling at this point.

To sum up, do you believe that that crazy lsjbs thing has even 1% possibility to make you taller ?

I don't believe in things. I know, or don't know. Not going to give a Bayesian probability number.

Your answer will tell a lot about your mentality and your iq level.

You have given away your mental ability status and IQ level range with your posts arleady. Both not that great.

Bane

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 05:26:00 PM »

I think you're in the wrong discussion forum, O_99. This is about limb lengthening surgery. Your signature says "Looking for an alternative". Your posts are about advocating very unlikely alternative limb lengthening speculations without surgery that have no scientific evidence or proof, and at best will take at least a few decades to even determine if it is somewhat feasible. You should just stay with that LSJL.info website, that's where you belong.

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »

Even if it's a forum about LL surgery. It's ok to be here as these forum already have many members. All these people wouldn't do LL if there was a better alternative.

Body Builder

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2020, 05:48:50 PM »

You said the surgery is more safe; I’m really starting to be convinced you're just trolling at this point.

I don't believe in things. I know, or don't know. Not going to give a Bayesian probability number.

You have given away your mental ability status and IQ level range with your posts arleady. Both not that great.
So you don't know if lsjlb works? That means you don't have the iq level to understand that by hiting your bone with a hammer you can't get taller.
You know something? If you jumo from the 5th floor and crush with your feet om the groumd, I guarantee you that wou will get 0.32cm height.
Because you don't know if it works but you can't be sure it doesn't, as you said, maybe it.is better to try it.
I am doing it 548 times every day and I gained almost 0.5cm. i don't have a proof of that of.course but I guarantee you it works.
My method is called bblol.
Now it is your time to try it and of course to post it as an possible alternative to LL.

And you think I am the troll when you "don't know" if by hammering your bones you get taller or not.
Ok dude, start hammering and if you still can walk after so many bruises, tell us if in a year you gained 0.1cm or not.
And yes, now I am trolling, because people like younwho are willing to do any bs they read to get taller except from the only scientific method that exists need only trolling,  nothing else.

Body Builder

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2020, 05:52:11 PM »

Even if it's a forum about LL surgery. It's ok to be here as these forum already have many members. All these people wouldn't do LL if there was a better alternative.
But there isn't, so we try to inform and discuss each other about the only one that exists.
Not about scams and bs like hammering.

Gene therapy, although in a very very initial stage, is something scientific and as you can see I haven't attacked to anyome that writes about it. I only saidnthat we'll need many years for it to give resultsnabout height in adults.
But posting scams about hurting your body with a hammer to become taller is completely ridiculous and mods should have stopped it from the begining.

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 06:17:33 PM »

But there isn't, so we try to inform and discuss each other about the only one that exists.
Not about scams and bs like hammering.

Gene therapy, although in a very very initial stage, is something scientific and as you can see I haven't attacked to anyome that writes about it. I only saidnthat we'll need many years for it to give resultsnabout height in adults.
But posting scams about hurting your body with a hammer to become taller is completely ridiculous and mods should have stopped it from the begining.

It's not a scam haha it's an experiment. No one asks money for it. People are free to do or not do it.

Tartar

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2020, 06:21:09 PM »

the only and safest way to gain height actually, these other “thoughts” you are spreading are just fancy, there’s no way this can happens in less than many dozens of years, you are just concerned about limb lengthening but there are many many applications of the tissues regeneration people and researchers are interested, for example cartilage (for which there is still a huge improvement about artificial protheses for several joints) and for all of these applications there’s no answer. Assuming that’s impossible to bring back your whole body to a stem cell state, how can you even think that try to stimulate a bone growth can be done without any surgery and how can you even think that this could be safer or even just cheaper than all the ways actually available that just use your natural osteogenesis to fill a gap surgically created.  Bone is one of the few tissues is possible to regenerate totally with the same tissue present before, this is one of safest and more natural way to grow you have to realize this.
Obv the hammer on joints method it’s just pointless and ridiculous self-harm.
If a magic pill would be available surely every LL patient  would be very happy to take it to grow even more.

Bane

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2020, 08:22:13 PM »

Sure you can discuss alternative options of getting taller, but have some common sense and be realistic. The more far-fetched your ideas are, the more damage you are doing to your own reputation.

Banging your bones with a hammer to get taller? How about a more proven alternative. Have someone smash a club or large rock on the top of your head. The resulting bump on your head should get you maybe 0.5 cm extra height. Then inject something into that bump so it becomes permanent. Why don't you just preach that instead? What's wrong, you think people are going to think you are a retard, then why are you advocating banging your bones with a hammer?

Is it a scam? Well, you don't have to pay money for this weird advice, but on the front page of the LSJL.info website https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/lsjl/ , there is a large section that is asking for your donations.

Even with genetics research like reopening your growth plates is so unbelievably far fetched and limited to just research theories. Even if you reopen your growth plates, how are you going to close them, or else your bone will become a cancer ligament that just grows uncontrollably until you amputate it or die.

Body Builder

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2020, 11:37:41 PM »

It's not a scam haha it's an experiment. No one asks money for it. People are free to do or not do it.
People are free to jump from their balconies too. That "experiment" doesn't make them less stupid however.
After all, there is something called common sense. And people like you or 099 who reproduce self harming bs, even if you don't truly believe them, have a lack of common sense or just low iq or both.

Stryder and Tartar wrote exactly what I believed and wrote too.
You are free to believe in alternatives and live your life miserably for many years waiting for some miracle that will get you tall with a pill or injection or something like that.
But you can't post self harming bs that some crazy people do and risking users health just to say that there may be an alternative to LL. Thats stupid, fake and dangerous at the same time.
End of discussion for me.

ZUCC420

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2020, 01:40:44 AM »

You are free to believe in alternatives and live your life miserably for many years waiting for some miracle that will get you tall with a pill or injection or something like that.

That's just pure unadulterated rat ŝhit coming from this fruitcake....

Just cause some of us here would love to see a better, superior alternative to the contemporary barbaric elective that's currently going around at $100k with sum additional $$$ (another 50k) for emergency contingencies just to fking even have a 90% chance of undergoing the whole damn ordeal smoothly unscathed (since that's what the pros are charging) which is based on an almost 100 years old ancient science makes us crazy delusional lunatics best consigned to an asylum according to this fruitcake lmao!

I don't know about others but I'm only 22 years old and thus prudently can afford to wait at the very least 10 years for a superior alternative to emerge, based on tangible concrete evidence from my perusal of the current technological trajectory of the biological sciences which includes stem cells, bones and cartilages I can assuredly say we have the technology right now, currently available to treat short height but for obvious reasons won't get manifested because of the complete and utter bantherpiss ŝhitte of a culture/society in the west especially the US where most of these researches would've taken place.

My only hope is capitalism and tangentially related r&d development to height growth like stem cells, bioprinting, cartilage implantation all of which is feasible right now that'll usher in the secret to growing taller proportionally without any limits and also without harming anything in the human body basically recreating the growth spurt period while maintaining the unclosed growth plate however long someone desires.

Only luddites that doesn't even understand how science works let alone even have the mental capacity to appreciate it to any meaningful degree would deem my choice as being crazy/stupid/delusional or egregiously equate my foresight as being merely composed of blind faith in a miracle silver bullet in some god knows how long distant future.

This thread is for the skeptics (one of whom is particularly egregious) on this board who believe that traditional distraction osteogenesis using an Ilizarov frame or magnetic nails is the only procedure we're likely to see for effective limb lengthening in our lifetime or within the next 20 (or whatever ridiculous, inflated number) years.

Those of you who have seen me post on this board before have most likely seen me say time and again that we're no further than 10 years away from a safer, more effective procedure that could allow for even more growth than distraction osteogenesis with much greater (if not total) retention of physical abilities, particularly athletic ability. The last time I discussed this on this board was a few months ago now (I haven't posted in a while), and I had one back-and-forth with what is possibly the most fervent skeptic on this board that terminated with that individual essentially dismissing my claims regarding the imminent creation of such a technique as a fantasy or product of hopeful delusions.

I responded to this by informing that poster that they were a scientific illiterate and do not understand the way scientific progress works, or the magnitude of the increase in the rate of scientific discovery and advancement in the information age. Well, being an enthusiast and hobbyist of several biomedical fields, I constantly keep myself up-to-date with recent scientific advancements and discoveries in those same fields. And, earlier this week while I was browsing my sources, I happened upon these very interesting morsels:

https://physicsworld.com/a/handheld-biopen-prints-human-cartilage/

Handheld biopen prints human cartilage
04 Oct 2018

A handheld “biopen” capable of 3D printing cartilage tissue could for the first time be used during surgery to treat cartilage injuries and osteoarthritus. The extrusion-based device, which prints live stem cells embedded in a hydrogel material, produces constructs that look and behave just like natural articular tissue (Biofabrication 10 045006).

“This is in stark contrast to conventional reparative cartilage made of fibrocartilage, which is very different in structure to physiological cartilage, inferior in quality and not durable,” say the researchers, a multidisciplinary team that includes surgeons, biologists, physicists and engineers. “Our technique and the scaffolds we are able to produce provide much hope for treating patients suffering from cartilage injuries and osteoarthritis.”

While some success has been reported for surgical treatments that exploit engineered cartilage tissue, existing procedures require two separate operations: one to remove the damaged tissue, and another to replace the tissue once it is repaired. What’s more, surgeons report a high failure rate – partly because pre-fabricated scaffolds might not perfectly match the defect, and partly because the implanted tissue is not similar enough to natural cartilage to survive for long inside the body.

Note that this is WITHOUT major attention being paid to the field of cartilage tissue engineering. Furthermore, this article actually serves as a follow-up to this other article:

https://physicsworld.com/a/biopen-speeds-up-stem-cell-repair/

Biopen speeds up stem-cell repair
20 Mar 2018

As 3D printing technology evolves and advances, we are getting ever closer to the goal of being able to implant 3D printed tissues inside the body. At present, 3D printed cells must first be cultivated and then allowed to grow into viable tissue – which normally takes a few days. But a new instrument, dubbed the biopen, could help to speed up this process. The biopen, developed by researchers in Australia, could allow surgeons to repair damaged bone and cartilage by “drawing” new cells directly onto bone during surgery and then filling in any damaged areas.

I've taken the liberty of bolding and underlining something particularly interesting about these two articles. Notice what it is? The second article, which is about the original release of the Biopen, was published on March 20th of this year, while the first one, which details successful forays into cartilage printing using the Biopen (and even upcoming attempts to surgically implant the tissue) was published this month, roughly 7 months later.

Then there's this:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181010105531.htm

With today's technology, we can 3-D-print sculptures, mechanical parts, prosthetics, even guns and food. But a team of University of Utah biomedical engineers have developed a method to 3-D-print cells to produce human tissue such as ligaments and tendons, a process that will greatly improve a patient's recovery. A person with a badly damaged ligament, tendon, or ruptured disc could simply have new replacement tissue printed and ultimately implanted in the damaged area, according to a new paper published in the Journal of Tissue Engineering, Part C: Methods.

The paper, for the scientifically-inclined:

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/ten.tec.2018.0184

So it's now possible to 3D print connective tissue such as ligaments and tendons, which are among the soft tissue that is distended and damaged by distraction osteogenesis (ultimately resulting in loss of physical ability). The paper was published on September 14th of this year. This again follows up on the Biopen article from months before, as well as several other research papers involving printed biological tissue that have been published throughout this year.

And again I repeat that all this progress comes without any special attention paid to the field of tissue engineering. This is a natural progression. So, as I've always said, there's nothing absurd about asserting that a non-crippling, safer, better alternative to distraction osteogenesis could be as close as 10 years away, probably more like 7 or 8 if height increase had as much impetus from the (overwhelmingly male) community of short statured people who want to be taller as androgenic alopecia gets from men/women who are balding or weight loss procedures get from overweight people.

Stuff like this is the reason why bullsh*t copes like "therapy" and "acceptance" (i.e. resignation) should NEVER be suggested as "solutions" to height dysphoria or any problems involving a person's height. The community ought to be encouraging short people who have experienced heightism and/or are otherwise unhappy with their height to make as much money as they possibly can so we can all come together and help FUND research like this, so that we can ALL have a solution that doesn't involve excruciating pain and risk of being permanently crippled a la unicorn from this board.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up