Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Height increasing alternatives to LL  (Read 887 times)

Bane

Height increasing alternatives to LL
« on: October 18, 2020, 06:11:26 PM »

Elevated Shoes
Claim: Can get 2 inches or more taller
Pros:
1) This LL alternative gets the most height.
2) Often hard to detect unless it is excessively high (maybe around 3 inch or more).
Cons:
1) Uncomfortable to wear, unlikely you will wear it for the long term.
2) Once your shoes are off, you lose the height increase.
3) Relative height increase is not as much as advertised, because other people wear shoes. If the average height gain from regular shoes is 0.75 inch, then the 2 inch elevator shoes yields a relative height increase of 1.25 inch

Cuban Heel Shoes
Claim: Can get 2 inches or more taller
Pros:
1) This LL alternative gets the most height.
Cons:
1) Very visible. People who notice will know your actual height is shorter.
2) Same cons as elevated shoes.

Shoe Lift Inserts
Claim: Get taller, typically up to 1 inch
Pros:
1) Low price, often under $15 a pair.
2) Works with your existing shoes.
3) May help your feet and legs by providing cushion.
Cons:
1) Inside of your shoes have limited space. 1 inch inserts are the most that can fit, but is often lower (more like 0.5 inch).
2) Uncomfortable. Can cause blisters on feet.
3) May shorten your shoe life span with the wear and tear.
4) Your body weight will soon compress the shoe lift inserts, reducing the height gain. So the 1 inch show lift will be compressed to something like 0.75 inch.

Sole replacements for shoes
Claim: This replaces the soles on your shoes to look taller. You can get 0.5 to 1.0 inch taller with sole replacements, though over 1 inch gets very noticeable. American Heelers is a popular company that does this: https://www.orthopedicshoelift.com/
Pros:
1) Often hard to detect, if it is less than 1 inch.
2) Can use with your existing shoes and is comfortable. Most likely to wear it for the long term.
3) Considerably cheaper and safer compared to LL. You can get 0.75 inch height with American Heelers for $200 total, as I did. But if you get an average 2.6 inch LL for $90,000 total, then 0.75 inch ratio would be about $26,000 with LL.
Cons:
1) Expensive. In the American Heelers website, if you want 0.5 inch height, it is $69 plus $20 for honeycombing (drilling holes for lighter weight and flexibility) per shoe, so $178 per pair. Then it is $10 to $15 per 0.25 inch extra height per shoe. And this comes on top of your existing shoes. But more cost effective than LL (see Pro #3 above).
2) Once your shoes are off, you lose the height increase. But if your height increase is not too much (like 1 inch or less), it's hardly noticeable with your shoes off.

Chiropractor
Claim: Improve your posture. Many patients report getting taller by about 0.5 inch after a visit.
You know the pros and cons.

Bane

Re: Height increasing alternatives to LL
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 03:33:36 PM »

Also any gimmick that claims you can get taller with stretching exercises or taking pills is false. If you paid money, then it’s a scam.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 04:15:46 PM »

I suggest you join us here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/lsjl/

ZUCC420

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 09:43:17 PM »

https://www.genengnews.com/news/new-cartilage-grown-using-magnetic-fields-and-hydrogels/

"This new approach can be used to generate living tissues for implantation to fix localized cartilage defects, and may one day be extended to generate living joint surfaces”

Only a matter of time, I truly hope no one here suffers from buyers remorse after going through LL when the inevitable happens very soon, only a question of when not if.

Especially bodybuilder wiľlfully ignoring current developments and still insisting it won't be possible, it's all a fairy tale apparently which is based on nothing but his wilľful ignorance.

We're near the horizon that will lead to new ways of growing taller "naturally", basically making a dwarf grow upto 6 ft I bet when the growth plates are implanted on your spine, arms, legs, etc.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 11:28:37 AM »

This is a recent topic about real possible height increasing alternatives to LLS
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65471.0

Especially bodybuilder wiľlfully ignoring current developments and still insisting it won't be possible, it's all a fairy tale apparently which is based on nothing but his wilľful ignorance.

That guy is a special case lol; Has posted on almost every freaking thread about surgery alternatives: "nothing will happen for the next many years".
Non invasive height increasing projects are his pet peeves.
Looking for an alternative.

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 11:57:13 AM »

https://www.genengnews.com/news/new-cartilage-grown-using-magnetic-fields-and-hydrogels/

"This new approach can be used to generate living tissues for implantation to fix localized cartilage defects, and may one day be extended to generate living joint surfaces”

Only a matter of time, I truly hope no one here suffers from buyers remorse after going through LL when the inevitable happens very soon, only a question of when not if.

We're near the horizon that will lead to new ways of growing taller "naturally", basically making a dwarf grow upto 6 ft I bet when the growth plates are implanted on your spine, arms, legs, etc.
10 years before, when I searched about LL, still some naives like you and O99 talked about alternatives.
10 years after that we are not even close to an alternative and if I have listened to these morons I would have been a 33yo short miserable guy waiting for nothing.
Thats why I write these things about alternatives and till now I am completely right as it doesn't seem to be any real alternative  to even in an experimental stage.

You can wait for decades for something alternative to LL to become taller, it is your choice.
As it is my choice to believe that it is stupid to let your life pass living miserably for something that may come in many years but there is no real proof that it will.
I did the right choice almost 10 years before and live my life happily after that. If I waited like you I would have just still be a miserable short guy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up