Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting article on proportions  (Read 423 times)

exceeding2meters

Interesting article on proportions
« on: October 25, 2020, 06:09:33 PM »

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/05/what-makes-man-attractive-hint-look-his-limbs

If I understood correctly what I read, arms might not be as big of a problem as we thought, but legs being too long against torso is.
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Bane

Re: Interesting article on proportions
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 06:27:43 PM »

I think it concludes these 3 points for females' view of attractiveness on men.

1) Relatively longer legs to body are more attractive, as long as your legs are not too excessively long.
LBR = Leg to Body Ratio
"First, there is a clear preference for LBRs that are approximately 0.3–0.5 s.d. above the mean, with proportions becoming less appealing as they deviate from this point."

2) Arm length to body ratio is irrelevant
"Thus, our results suggest that arm length is a relatively unimportant contributor to male attractiveness for the US population."

3) The tibia/femur length ratio is slightly more attractive when it is closer to the averages (Tibia/Femur Ratio = 0.80), but not a large factor unless the T/F ratio is far away from the mean.
"The third contribution of our work is that it provides the first evidence that attractiveness is influenced by the ratio of the lower-to-upper limb segments: we found a slight preference for IRs that approximate the population average, with relatively low and high ratios being less appealing."
Pages: [1]   Go Up