Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who also needs this surgery for girlfriend's mother like me??  (Read 4124 times)

NotSoBigBadBruin

Re: Who also needs this surgery for girlfriend's mother like me??
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2020, 08:54:14 PM »

Yap all of this is addressed in the video I linked, which is just another post hoc rationalization.

Like Stardusk said they could produce thousands of studies detailing how parents are unhappy than non parents of the same age but people will still reproduce because it is inevitably a result of our evolution, it's coded in the DNA of the majority of people to want to have kids as ultimately people's instincts supplants reason.

I don’t think that having kids is for everyone, and I’m sure that some parents would be happier if they didn’t have kids. But for me, seeing my child smile is the highest form of happiness I’ve ever experienced. I wouldn’t trade this feeling for anything in the world, and no philosopher or study can convince me otherwise. It’s somehow comparable to the feeling of giving a gift to someone you love and seeing how happy it is making them—just a thousand times more intense.

When I was suffering from hypogonadism, I also had some serious spells of depression and spent a few weeks in the hospital. It was a terrible time, but it did not make me wish I had never been born. Imagine going on a two-week vacation and having a terrible first day—it’s raining, your wallet gets stolen, etc. But the rest of your vacation is just awesome—lots of sunshine, parties, great food, etc. At the end of your vacation, would you regret having gone on vacation in the first place just because the first day was terrible?

Just another example, an old friend of mine (who was a real Chad in high school) had a motorcycle accident in his early twenties and has been confined to a wheelchair since. He was severely depressed for at least two to three years following his accident before he turned his life around. Nowadays he’s one of the happiest guys I know. He has a beautiful daughter and wife and is one of the most successful Paralympic athletes in the world.

As a parent, you can never guarantee that your child will always be happy, but there’s a lot you can do to make sure that there’s more light than darkness in your child’s life and that they will lead a happy and fulfilling life despite any potential challenges and adversities. But again, just because raising my child is the best thing in the world for me, doesn’t mean that everyone needs to have children in order to be happy.

Astronomy

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2020, 12:55:25 PM »

I don’t think that having kids is for everyone, and I’m sure that some parents would be happier if they didn’t have kids. But for me, seeing my child smile is the highest form of happiness I’ve ever experienced. I wouldn’t trade this feeling for anything in the world, and no philosopher or study can convince me otherwise. It’s somehow comparable to the feeling of giving a gift to someone you love and seeing how happy it is making them—just a thousand times more intense.

When I was suffering from hypogonadism, I also had some serious spells of depression and spent a few weeks in the hospital. It was a terrible time, but it did not make me wish I had never been born. Imagine going on a two-week vacation and having a terrible first day—it’s raining, your wallet gets stolen, etc. But the rest of your vacation is just awesome—lots of sunshine, parties, great food, etc. At the end of your vacation, would you regret having gone on vacation in the first place just because the first day was terrible?

Just another example, an old friend of mine (who was a real Chad in high school) had a motorcycle accident in his early twenties and has been confined to a wheelchair since. He was severely depressed for at least two to three years following his accident before he turned his life around. Nowadays he’s one of the happiest guys I know. He has a beautiful daughter and wife and is one of the most successful Paralympic athletes in the world.

As a parent, you can never guarantee that your child will always be happy, but there’s a lot you can do to make sure that there’s more light than darkness in your child’s life and that they will lead a happy and fulfilling life despite any potential challenges and adversities. But again, just because raising my child is the best thing in the world for me, doesn’t mean that everyone needs to have children in order to be happy.
To cover,parents with bad genes shoulnd't have children or that'll really screw up your children.Don't let'em reexperience your pain and there's also no meaning to pass on dwarflike genes.That's what I thought so that's my mother-in-law's fault.

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2020, 01:57:31 PM »

To cover,parents with bad genes shoulnd't have children or that'll really screw up your children.Don't let'em reexperience your pain and there's also no meaning to pass on dwarflike genes.That's what I thought so that's my mother-in-law's fault.

No, quite the contrary! Even couples with “excellent genes” can have a mentally or physically challenged child (like my wife’s co-worker and her husband). There’s just no guarantee. And even though your child will most likely be below average height, given that both you and your girlfriend are not particularly tall, it doesn’t mean that your child can’t live a happy and fulfilling life (especially if it’s a girl).

ZUCC420

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2020, 08:24:18 PM »

No, quite the contrary! Even couples with “excellent genes” can have a mentally or physically challenged child (like my wife’s co-worker and her husband). There’s just no guarantee. And even though your child will most likely be below average height, given that both you and your girlfriend are not particularly tall, it doesn’t mean that your child can’t live a happy and fulfilling life (especially if it’s a girl).

All of us here will pray so that he has a girl then, lmao.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Astronomy

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2020, 04:14:04 AM »

Well...That's problem about possibilities.Short men are mentals--------99.999999%.Tall men are mentals(comparing to short men)---------10%(and I don't think that's that much if that tall man is handsome and rich.I just equal them to short men).
All above you can see even though there's no guarantee that short men must have dysphoria and tall men must have health mental but the formers' possibilities are higher than the latters'.You can grasp it from Darwin's theory of evolution where you have to place much emphasis on Natural Selection.That's why I and my gf both don't hope to have any baby.I'm also convinced that every LLer here has once complained about his or her bad height gene because he or she is not tall.That's why we aim for LL.And I don't think as being Chinese,a people busy with work,can spare empty time to take care of children every second.He's also bombarded with study and work in future.I don't think he can grow happily as expected.

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2020, 11:12:05 AM »

Well...That's problem about possibilities.Short men are mentals--------99.999999%.Tall men are mentals(comparing to short men)---------10%(and I don't think that's that much if that tall man is handsome and rich.I just equal them to short men).
All above you can see even though there's no guarantee that short men must have dysphoria and tall men must have health mental but the formers' possibilities are higher than the latters'.You can grasp it from Darwin's theory of evolution where you have to place much emphasis on Natural Selection.That's why I and my gf both don't hope to have any baby.I'm also convinced that every LLer here has once complained about his or her bad height gene because he or she is not tall.That's why we aim for LL.And I don't think as being Chinese,a people busy with work,can spare empty time to take care of children every second.He's also bombarded with study and work in future.I don't think he can grow happily as expected.

Those numbers are only based on your own distorted perception. I know plenty of tall guys who are not successful in life (no partner, sh*tty job, etc.), and I know plenty of short guys who are happy and successful. Would they still like to be taller? I assume most of them would. But this doesn’t prevent them from being happy.

Most bald guys would like to have hair, most women with small boobs would like to have bigger boobs, most people with an ugly face would like to have a more attractive face, etc. Does this mean they’re all miserable?

I believe that every person has the potential to be happy, and every person has the potential to be unhappy—no matter the circumstances. I think Body Builder here on this forum once explained it very well. You can either accept your fate and try to improve your current situation or resign and drown in self-pity. That friend I mentioned in my previous post (who had a motorcycle accident and is now a professional Paralympic athlete) was also very close to giving up but eventually managed to adopt a winning mentality and become a happy and successful person despite his handicap. If you can instill that kind of winning mentality in your child, they’ll be able to lead a happy and fulfilling life regardless of how tall or attractive they are.

But again, if you don’t want to have children, that’s totally fine. I just don’t agree with your reasoning (which is also fine).

Arrogance

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2020, 11:27:36 PM »

So if you and your girlfriend don't want to have a baby then why have this surgery? Her mom wants tall grandchildren. Tell her you don't plan on having any children. End of story
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

Astronomy

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2020, 07:17:09 AM »

So if you and your girlfriend don't want to have a baby then why have this surgery? Her mom wants tall grandchildren. Tell her you don't plan on having any children. End of story
Then the end of story is me being compelled to break up with my gf and she being gonna be scolded.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2022, 05:26:54 AM »

Bump
I love STEM, Philosophy and Classics!

ReadRothbard

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2022, 07:13:15 PM »

How tall is she? and how tall are you? Were you raised in the city or country?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Sorcerer

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2022, 12:26:00 AM »

How tall is she? and how tall are you? Were you raised in the city or country?
Alright I am just the OP. I lost that account's password so I can't login through that one anymore.
Here is the sequel:
She was compelled to disconnect with me by her grandparents who abused her physically by whipping with a rope(her grandpa did it) and she was afraid to keep touch with me so we can say we've totally broken up with each other. And after that I tried to aperiodically email her without letting her families know but it seems to me she was suffering from PTSD and afraid to contact with me even just via email. And she told me never 'harass' her again and I've kept myself without the contacts for over half a year already. So I think it's of no use worrying about if my post-LL height can satisfy her mother anymore.
But I still wanna do LL to satisfy myself and I found out that those who don't do LL for girls are just bent on doing LL to increase their self-worths and self-esteems though when we hit old ages height can't make many senses like in teenagers and youths. So just do it as soon as possible! Don't waste time on being hesitant on LL! If you wanna do it just do it if you think it's riskful and not worth it just give up!
I was raised in city and she raised in a little village before she started kindergarten and then her family came to my city. And I am 162cm and she is like 150cm.

Sorcerer

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2022, 12:44:02 AM »

If you cannot guarantee your prospective offspring(s) with the fact that they won't suffer, be afflicted with illness, sadness, existential dread and injuries then you shouldn't be having kids in the first place.

Philosopher David Benatar presents in his book “Better Never to Have Been” an asymmetry that exists between existence and non-existence. I can not outline his whole work on here; I recommend reading his book if you want to know the big picture.

Put simply, the asymmetry illustrates how not existing is preferable over existing in any case. When you exist, you experience positive things, which is good, and negative things, which is bad. When you do not exist, you do not experience negative things, which is good. You also do not experience positive things, which is not bad, though, as not experiencing good things is only perceived as suffering when it is deprivation. Besides what are you being deprived of when you never had existed in the first place?

Not to mention they didn't even consented on being born in the first place.

Thus, non-existence is preferable as you do not experience suffering and are also not able to miss the delights you miss out on. To put it in a rather humorous way as an analogy: Have you ever felt pity for the poor non-existent inhabitants of Ernst Thälmann Island, for they can not behold the beautiful Caribbean beaches? How about the non existent incel that would be snooping around esoteric height growing or face fixing forums in the hopes of finding a girlfriend?

The only reason people reproduce is because of tradition and also because it feels good to fŭck which is one reason people tout the reproduce is "muh human rightz" (willingly passing on their sħitty disability inducing genetics thus condemning their children to a life of misery), had they even put in a modicum amount of thought none would be able to rationalize such a stupid decision in the first place.

Had you not existed you wouldn't have to worry about your height, your looks or women finding you attractive to begin with.

Wow, Great Honorable Philosopher ZUCC420 appeared in my post to waste so much time on the harangue riddled with unlogical nonsenses(I think you better turn to learn science not philosophy. It seems philosophy can't fit with your intelligence.)
If you are already convinced 'not experiencing good things' is 'not bad', then why experiencing bad thing is bad? Do you know what 'negative proposition' is? I think as a negative propostion, the true conclusion is 'not experencing good things is not bad while experiencing bad things is not good' if you've developed a really explicit logical thinking?
Secondly, if you are really obsessed with such outlandish ideology, what is the reason that you can use your smartphone or computer to write down this kind of addresses? From the way I understand all you said they should've preferred to be non-existent, therefore phones or computers should've also been non-existent since the inventors should've also been non-existent, let alone languages, or even philosophy itself(the philosopher should've been non-existent also right?)
Finally, who told you I wanted children? I've repeated like for billions of times I don't want children. So your speech was totally absurd in the logic and comprehension from the beginning to the end.
You are not sophisticated either at all.
Who told you having children is just a tradition? I am not saying tradition is never the component of the motivations of having children but having children is also a crystal of romance, in order to challenge how true to the core yourself and your romantic partner are and how much smartly and flexibly you can circumvent or even surmount the barriers that God sets up in your two's life after establishing a relationship/getting married, etc.
You are definitely like only ranging from 15 to 17 y.o rn at least you still haven't finished middle school. Your view of this world is very juvenile and bizarre, even appearing to be a pure psychopath who is pathetic enough to be suffering from psychiatric disorders in such a young age right?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 01:08:25 AM by Sorcerer »

Highest

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2022, 01:30:25 AM »

Alright I am just the OP. I lost that account's password so I can't login through that one anymore.
Here is the sequel:
She was compelled to disconnect with me by her grandparents who abused her physically by whipping with a rope(her grandpa did it) and she was afraid to keep touch with me so we can say we've totally broken up with each other. And after that I tried to aperiodically email her without letting her families know but it seems to me she was suffering from PTSD and afraid to contact with me even just via email. And she told me never 'harass' her again and I've kept myself without the contacts for over half a year already. So I think it's of no use worrying about if my post-LL height can satisfy her mother anymore.
But I still wanna do LL to satisfy myself and I found out that those who don't do LL for girls are just bent on doing LL to increase their self-worths and self-esteems though when we hit old ages height can't make many senses like in teenagers and youths. So just do it as soon as possible! Don't waste time on being hesitant on LL! If you wanna do it just do it if you think it's riskful and not worth it just give up!
I was raised in city and she raised in a little village before she started kindergarten and then her family came to my city. And I am 162cm and she is like 150cm.

Were you and this girl that close? It sounds like it was more a high-school crush thing than anything serious or in any way sexual. It also sounds like you were way more into her than she was into you which would explain her behaviour.

Sorcerer

« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2022, 01:35:05 AM »

Were you and this girl that close? It sounds like it was more a high-school crush thing than anything serious or in any way sxxual. It also sounds like you were way more into her than she was into you which would explain her behaviour.
Yeah back then she was only 16 y.o who just started senior school but now she was gonna graduate into college/university around July this yr. For who is more into who part, I gotta agree with you. It indeed seems to me that I am more relying on her than she is relying on me.

Sorcerer

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2022, 03:41:50 AM »

Fixed it for you.  ;D
If you are thinking my story is not interesting enough for you to hear out just leave from my post.
It's not worth it for you to spare any time on this post anymore right?

Sorcerer

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2022, 03:46:53 AM »

You mentioned you are a student. This surgery is very costly and very time intensive. Are you sure you can bear that burden of finances and time? It could halt your education for half a year or more.
I forgot to add informations about it.
I don't want to expose too much personal informations here but I got two houses, respectively for my parents and for myself and I am planning to exchange the house for myself for this surgery and for time intensity, I can do LL after graduations and if everything proceeded smoothly I could just immigrate to USA through studying abroad in Mercy College that is located at New York State and become a PR, that is to say LL was just a breeze.
I am already very badly bent on this surgery so those potiential issues you mentioned above are not hard for me to overcome.
The only issue I am worried about is whether Precise nails can come back when I hit USA and if it never came back my life was over.
For one guy who was convicting me to sell my parents' houses, just eat your crow rn. That house is originally left for me and why can't I exercise my right to sell it?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 04:08:31 AM by Sorcerer »

Sorcerer

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2022, 03:49:13 AM »

Is "enter into JiaoTong Univeristy" code for getting LL?
I know why you were decoding Jiaotong as foot pain.
Jiaotong stands for 交通, instead of ‘脚痛’.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up