Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: COVID and LL  (Read 769 times)

financialadvisor

COVID and LL
« on: November 11, 2020, 02:26:50 PM »

Hello,

How does covid impact LL surgery? Does anybody faced some difficulties i.e. delayed surgeries, x-ray scan delays due to quarantine in hospitals and etc.?

I'm planning to undergo LL this Spring, but afraid that this pandemic would prolong everything even more.

Tartar

Re: COVID and LL
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 03:21:44 PM »

This is the best period to undergo surgery. You don't need to go out for many things before you had to, you can work at home very often. And people stay at home much more than before.
If you are planning it, do it as soon as possible, my suggestion.
You can face the problems you were talking about only if there is a total (100%) Lockdown, and now in the world that's for sure way less common than before.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 05:22:54 PM »

I'm doing LL now mostly because of COVID. I can't go outside anyway so I feel like it's the most optimal time to do it. So far, travel and access to medical facilities for me don't seem to be an issue since there have not been any shutdowns in my home state or Nevada.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Hagane

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 08:07:39 PM »

if you are travelling out of state/country, you may need to account for quarantine coming in.
i know for ny you can get a medical exemption which means you still need to complete your 14 day quarantine but you are allowed to leave to get your medical treatments.

other than that you will need to under go a covid test a day or so before your procedure,

other than that youre good to go
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)
Pages: [1]   Go Up