Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Russia doctors safety?  (Read 830 times)

Annalisa

Russia doctors safety?
« on: November 11, 2020, 04:18:25 PM »

I think Russia is the cheapest option for people on a budget and offer doctor with capabilities, what really give me doubts is some very bad diaries, like the one of Android who had severe nerve damage and still in recovery. Do you think is the doctor fault per se (doctor kulesh)  or the fact he did cross lengthening, which is pretty risky and lengthened  more than 1mm per day? If I do external tibias and lengthening less than 1mm, can I hope for a safe recovery, lowering the risk of severe problems like dropfoot?

Bushguy

Re: Russia doctors safety?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 05:04:20 PM »

definetly no! save money and go other, external are not that expensive in western countries..

Annalisa

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 05:14:57 PM »

Definitely more expensive than Russia though, including living cost. But Russia doctors seem to have lots of experience, seem plenty go there. So, not sure if the not trust against them if justified. And if these cases were bad because of their fault or others thing like cross lengthening and fast lengthening. Doing external tibias seem pretty safe.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 08:45:15 PM »

One thing you have to be careful of when it comes to CLL in Russia is that a lot of surgeons there will claim to be experts in lengthening by virtue of being Russian like Ilizarov. You really gotta approach it based on the doctor individually foremost, and country second (there are exceptions though, like don't do surgery in a country the state department lists as high risk).
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

exceeding2meters

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 11:05:48 PM »

I think Dr. Solomim and Dr. Kulesh are considered good orthopedics for LL. Pretty sure there are diaries on this forum. Haven't read about any other Russian doctor being reputable though
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Annalisa

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 03:47:29 AM »

Yeah, doctor Solomin and Kulesh seem good, but there  were patiens like Android, with severe nerve damage, and long recovery. I guess the fact of having done cross lengthening, can be reason for this problem? Lengthening both tibias and femurs at the the same time, has high risk of nerve being destroyed, It isn't something I want to do. I just want to do tibias and with slower lengthening.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 11:22:25 AM »

Yeah, doctor Solomin and Kulesh seem good, but there  were patiens like Android, with severe nerve damage, and long recovery. I guess the fact of having done cross lengthening, can be reason for this problem? Lengthening both tibias and femurs at the the same time, has high risk of nerve being destroyed, It isn't something I want to do. I just want to do tibias and with slower lengthening.

The thing with this surgery is, it can be that you have the perfect surgeon and the perfect patient, and still get severely damaged. It is a risky surgery no matter how good the conditions.

I don't know Android's case, haven't read his diary yet, but cross-lengthening does indeed sound brutal

Annalisa

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 11:47:50 AM »

Yeah, it's true, it's risky. But there are things that makes it more risky like fast lengthening rate and cross lengthening, because you're putting the nerve on too much pressure.External tibias seem pretty safe with a decent doctor

exceeding2meters

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 03:23:46 PM »

Yeah, it's true, it's risky. But there are things that makes it more risky like fast lengthening rate and cross lengthening, because you're putting the nerve on too much pressure.External tibias seem pretty safe with a decent doctor

I also believe so! Especially with TSF or computer assisted Ilizarov to eliminate risk of malalignment

financialadvisor

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 04:04:34 PM »

Annalisa,

I'm also thinking about Dr. Kulseh, have you already tried to make contact with him? What are the prices these days?

I believe that short-term complications such as nerve pain, damage, nonunions, infections are largely dependant on you - how fast are you lengthening and taking care of pin sites, how much are you lengthening and etc.. It's recommended to do 0.75 distraction for tibias though android went on 1 mm per day, which is still normal rate for bone formation.

Even Dr. Paley can't tell you tensions that your soft tissues are receiving during the lengthening, however, in 5 yrs time it's expected to have sensors with stride 2 which will indicate when are you over the top with you body limits.

Dr. Kulesh recommends 10% of the starting bone length, also if you are flexible, lean, and healthy, stocked up with supplements you should be fine.

Looking to the long term, LON and LATN will definitely cause knee pain, called tendonitis of the patellar ligament, because the cut is made through this ligament. Also if the fibula is not connected properly to the tibia even a few mm misalignment may cause ankle OA in a few years. Did you know whether Kulesh does LATP or stem cells for faster consolidation? Pure externals seem to be very long, 2 months per cm.

So to sum up you have to be flexible and stay active after the surgery, also try to do externals with LATP or stem cells in order to save time.

Annalisa

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 06:23:40 PM »

I think android did more than 1mm in the femur and also well he was putting a lot of pressure doing cross lengthening.

External is long, but much safer comparing to LON or LATN, which can lead to deep bone infection and are invasive. It seems people who did those to save time, ended up spending more time with complication

I've read price from some post, they look incredibly cheap: like 3000 for the operation. I don't know whether they went up, but seem that the external there are extremely cheap. Even India is more expensive, and Russia is surely more advanced country.
Pages: [1]   Go Up