Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The goal - STRYDE Nail - Tibias & Femurs - 13cm  (Read 874 times)

KSRZ

• Visitor
The goal - STRYDE Nail - Tibias & Femurs - 13cm
« on: November 14, 2020, 11:49:23 PM »

Hey guys!

Long time stalker here and very grateful for all of you knowledgeable humans!

I've known about CLL for about 1-2 years after looking into it a solution, as you all probably have. I've never really had too many issues with women, I work out 6-7 times a week, I'm relatively good looking (I think); but I feel that being that much taller will allow me to approach life with more confidence in everything I do.

Info:
Starting height: 168cm
Goal height: 181cm

I want to achieve this by going 5cm Tibias and 8cm Femurs, my research shows that 7cm can be pretty harsh on the body and you generally have less complications Femurs (I'm happy to be corrected and informed). Ideally, I'd like to do this in pretty quick succession, I know that you can do one surgery and then the other 2 weeks later. Has anyone done this strategy before?

Thankfully, my occupation allows me to work from home and my schedule is pretty flexible and can work from anywhere.

The doctors I've done research on are Dr. Tim O'Carrigan (Sydney) and Dr. Giotikas (Athens), these are my forefront runners. I know Dr. O'Carrigan is more expensive as Australian services usually are, but it's closer to home and with COVID international travel is a strange beast right now, Dr. Giotikas is a little more affordable but requires international travel. Thoughts? Has anyone done both Tibias and Femurs in Australia?

I do have some questions for you guys:
- Do you think going Snowboarding is a realistic goal after a couple years of post-surgery?
- Will going 8cm Femurs and 5cm Tibias reduce my athleticism too much if rehab is done well?
- What were your experiences doing the double in succession (2 weeks apart)?

I'd love to hear from you guys and thanks for reading!

sportiveshort

• Visitor
Re: The goal - STRYDE Nail - Tibias & Femurs - 13cm
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 11:58:51 PM »

What's up, I live in Australia as well.
I have the same height as you; and, honestly, before moving here my height was not an issue (people here are huge).

Have you talked with the Sydney doc? I did some initial research and as far as I knew, this procedure was not available in Australia.
By the way, I am aiming for something more conservative (femurs only).

Cheers

Body Builder

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 12:41:16 AM »

2 LLs is not a joke.
It will reduce your athleticism for sure but noones know exactly how much.
If things go great you will be somewhere between 80-90% of your preLL condition depending on your body.

Finally, 8cm on femurs is not little. Better do 6cm on tibias and 7 on femurs instead of 5 and 8.
6cm on tibias are not that much but 8 on femurs are not easy although you can lengthen more on femurs.
If you did only one LL them maybe you should have tried 8cm but if you do both segments there is no need too.
Better 6+7.

KSRZ

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 01:09:35 AM »

What's up, I live in Australia as well.
I have the same height as you; and, honestly, before moving here my height was not an issue (people here are huge).

Have you talked with the Sydney doc? I did some initial research and as far as I knew, this procedure was not available in Australia.
By the way, I am aiming for something more conservative (femurs only).

Cheers

Hey fellow Aussie!

Yeah people here are quite tall, I also lived in the states for a year and they're pretty tall there too.

I haven't talked with him yet, might have to give him a call soon though - maybe when our borders open. I thought the STRYDE was available with Dr. O'Carrigan (according to their website). How much are you aiming to lengthen on your femurs?

KSRZ

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 01:11:27 AM »

2 LLs is not a joke.
It will reduce your athleticism for sure but noones know exactly how much.
If things go great you will be somewhere between 80-90% of your preLL condition depending on your body.

Finally, 8cm on femurs is not little. Better do 6cm on tibias and 7 on femurs instead of 5 and 8.
6cm on tibias are not that much but 8 on femurs are not easy although you can lengthen more on femurs.
If you did only one LL them maybe you should have tried 8cm but if you do both segments there is no need too.
Better 6+7.

I'm fully expecting this to be a challenge, however I'm definitely up to it for the quality of life exchange. Thanks heaps for the recommendation! Do you think there will be a higher chance of normality if I go 6 + 7 opposed to 5 + 8? Thanks again!

Highest

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 02:25:41 AM »

OP what is your wingspan and sitting height? 13cm lengthening across both segments is huge no matter what this forum says so when you see O'Carrigan or Giotikas you should get an xray to confirm your tibia and femur lengths. Rather than a hard rule of 5cm for tibias and 8cm for femurs, 15% of your bone length is a better measure as it is unique to you. In addition to what you wrote there has never been a cosmetic limb lengthening diary from Australia let alone both segments so you'll have to be the pioneer if you choose O'Carrigan and then you can let the forum know the actual cost as the last guy who started that O'Carrigan diary but never progressed past consult or confirmed costs.

KSRZ

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 04:23:20 AM »

OP what is your wingspan and sitting height? 13cm lengthening across both segments is huge no matter what this forum says so when you see O'Carrigan or Giotikas you should get an xray to confirm your tibia and femur lengths. Rather than a hard rule of 5cm for tibias and 8cm for femurs, 15% of your bone length is a better measure as it is unique to you. In addition to what you wrote there has never been a cosmetic limb lengthening diary from Australia let alone both segments so you'll have to be the pioneer if you choose O'Carrigan and then you can let the forum know the actual cost as the last guy who started that O'Carrigan diary but never progressed past consult or confirmed costs.

Thanks for the reply. Of course, if the surgeon recommends 10cm then I'll do it or if they recommend 7 + 7 or 5 + 4 or whatever, I'll do it. As for wingspan etc, I'm not too sure. All I know is that off the nked eye, my legs could do with some extra lengthening as they're quite short and stumpy.

I wonder if O'Carrigan is $100k per segment.

Hagane

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 01:05:10 AM »

hey mate
im pretty sure its 100k per segment (logistically theres no way it could be for two)
even so its still cheaper than the us docs if you convert it to usd
and assuming youre in nsw you wouldnt have to pay for accomodations
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

sportiveshort

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 07:59:43 AM »

In my case, I would prefer travelling (not US) as the rent amount I pay now is quite high because.. yeah, Sydney.

KSRZ

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 11:43:54 PM »

In my case, I would prefer travelling (not US) as the rent amount I pay now is quite high because.. yeah, Sydney.
I'm actually in Melbourne! But I'd just need to pay for accommodation for a little bit, right? Just during first phase? Then just travel back and forth for the larger appointments?
hey mate
im pretty sure its 100k per segment (logistically theres no way it could be for two)
even so its still cheaper than the us docs if you convert it to usd
and assuming youre in nsw you wouldnt have to pay for accomodations
I'm in Melbourne, so I would have to during the first phase. $200k for the whole shebang. Could be worth it.

Movie

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 12:26:31 AM »

8+5 CM F/T is a lot bro, I did 8 CM femurs first thinking I would do tibia later, but opted to just stay at 175 CM, the surgery is no joke, and I actually enjoy being athletic and playing soccer so I wouldn't go for more height, besides at 8 CM I'm at the verge of pushing it proportion wise, where a lot of people would start noticing shorter arms and torso. also as for Dr. tim O'carrigan... I wouldn't recommend a doctor that has 0 diaries or x rays of his work to show for... and from the crooked X-rays that I've been seeing coming from Giotikas, I wouldn't recommend him either! these are your legs... you won't get another pair, if you're going to do this thing, do it right, you don't want to end up with crooked bones and stuff that can improve your chances of complications more than the procedure does by itself already even with the top doctors.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

KSRZ

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 03:13:30 AM »

8+5 CM F/T is a lot bro, I did 8 CM femurs first thinking I would do tibia later, but opted to just stay at 175 CM, the surgery is no joke, and I actually enjoy being athletic and playing soccer so I wouldn't go for more height, besides at 8 CM I'm at the verge of pushing it proportion wise, where a lot of people would start noticing shorter arms and torso. also as for Dr. tim O'carrigan... I wouldn't recommend a doctor that has 0 diaries or x rays of his work to show for... and from the crooked X-rays that I've been seeing coming from Giotikas, I wouldn't recommend him either! these are your legs... you won't get another pair, if you're going to do this thing, do it right, you don't want to end up with crooked bones and stuff that can improve your chances of complications more than the procedure does by itself already even with the top doctors.
Hey Movie!
Thanks for the advice. I actually read through your whole diary. It's good to get advice from someone who has been through it. The only issue is that currently it's hard to get an outgoing flight to anywhere overseas due to COVID - but we've got it almost under control here so flying domestic is pretty easy. Greece might also be an option but the US seems off the cards due to the numbers. I've heard good thing about Giotikas. You've kinda convinced me to stick with Femurs - but I might still hear what the doctor would have to say about my proportions and possible outcome.

Awesome diary by the way man!

AnotherShorty

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 07:13:54 AM »

. and from the crooked X-rays that I've been seeing coming from Giotikas, I wouldn't recommend him either!

Hi Movie,

Could you please tell me where you saw crooked x-rays in Giotikas dairy ? Also, can you please give your feedback on the best surgeons for CLL in countries other than US ?

Regards
We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up