Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is femur surgery far more dangerous than tibia?  (Read 1843 times)

Is femur surgery far more dangerous than tibia?
« on: November 16, 2020, 03:42:16 AM »

Assuming when femur is done internally and tibia externally.

It's just the impression that I got because femurs are very close to our body that contains all the vital organs including penis.

And most of the bad cases seem to involve femurs like Unicorn.

Don't you think so?

deletedaccount

Re: Is femur surgery far more dangerous than tibia?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 04:25:37 AM »

It's just the impression that I got because femurs are very close to our body that contains all the vital organs including penis.

Don't you think so?
If you want to s hitpost post atleast make it funny.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 05:03:14 AM »

If you want to s hitpost post atleast make it funny.

The thing is  posting wasn't my intention bro (in this particular case) . That's why ain't so funny.

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 01:02:12 AM »

Don't you think so?
Everything internal is much more dangerous than externals.
Internal femurs are about the same dangerous as internal tibias but more dangerous than external tibias.
So the segment does not play a do big role. The method plays though.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 02:15:25 AM »

Internal femurs are about the same dangerous as internal tibias but more dangerous than external tibias.

I still feel the segment itself plays a role.

Femur bones are close the body and vital organs, they must be connected in many ways.

Ascending

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 10:34:41 AM »

There is a reason why internal lengthening techniques were developed - the external methods have a high risk of infection and the patient would have the inconvenience of the external apparatus during every waking hour and sleep too.  You can't even take a shower without risking infection!  Furthermore externals are not good for femur lengthening as we note from Android's experience.  Unicorn was very unlucky in choosing Guichet and his dated 'twist and shout' nail.

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 01:17:59 PM »

There is a reason why internal lengthening techniques were developed - the external methods have a high risk of infection and the patient would have the inconvenience of the external apparatus during every waking hour and sleep too.  You can't even take a shower without risking infection!  Furthermore externals are not good for femur lengthening as we note from Android's experience.  Unicorn was very unlucky in choosing Guichet and his dated 'twist and shout' nail.

Even not with Guichet, the internal lengthening can be fatal. Fat embolism, more fatal infection. Imagine if the nail breaks inside your bone. I think internal is far more invasive overall. Just because it feels more convenient for the patient, doesn't mean it's healthier and safer.

I just think that regardless of the method, the femoral lengthening has more long-term risks due to the reasons I mention above.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 03:21:06 PM »

I still feel the segment itself plays a role.

Femur bones are close the body and vital organs, they must be connected in many ways.

They're not.

Bane

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 06:22:59 PM »

Leg Lengthening surgeons overwhelmingly agree the internal rods are better than external fixators. Internal rods have these advantages:

Less risk of infections
Less painful
Less scarring
Better stability
Faster and better recovery/consolidation

External fixators have a few advantages, but are almost never used for cosmetic femur lengthening. They are still used for the tibias for these reasons.

Considerably lower price
Better for deformities, like crooked/curved bones.

Dr. Shahab Mahboubian gives a good explaination of why internal rods are an improvement from external fixators, starting at 7:14

HeightGain

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 07:05:17 PM »

Internal tibias risk knee pain and compartment syndrome.

Blood flow to the tibia is worse than femur meaning infection risk can be higher when comparing internals.

Externals are more stable than internal lengthening nails

All carry a minimal pe/fat embo risk but this is higher with femurs

Infection and pe/fat can be largely be managed with good medical care.

Bane

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 08:13:09 PM »

Answering the OP’s question, a femur lengthening patient’s vital organs, including genital/pubic organs, are not in danger because they are closer to the femurs, compared to the tibias. There has never been a case like you described (at least that I know of).

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 11:17:28 PM »

Leg Lengthening surgeons overwhelmingly agree the internal rods are better than external fixators. Internal rods have these advantages:

Less risk of infections
Less painful
Less scarring
Better stability
Faster and better recovery/consolidation

External fixators have a few advantages, but are almost never used for cosmetic femur lengthening. They are still used for the tibias for these reasons.

Considerably lower price
Better for deformities, like crooked/curved bones.

Dr. Shahab Mahboubian gives a good explaination of why internal rods are an improvement from external fixators, starting at 7:14

They might make more money by selling internal rods. Also it might be better for the patient's experience but not necessarily healthier.

Answering the OP’s question, a femur lengthening patient’s vital organs, including genital/pubic organs, are not in danger because they are closer to the femurs, compared to the tibias. There has never been a case like you described (at least that I know of).

How would you know? It's not like they know everything. It could be subtle long-term consequences that aren't detected.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 11:25:54 PM »

I wouldn't trust Mahboubian for anything considering how agressively he advertises. He is very charming also which makes me even more careful about him
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Bane

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 12:14:12 AM »

They might make more money by selling internal rods. Also it might be better for the patient's experience but not necessarily healthier.

How would you know? It's not like they know everything. It could be subtle long-term consequences that aren't detected.

There are 2 sides to your original question.

1. Femur lengthening is not more dangerous to your vital organs than tibia lengthening.
Reputable leg lengthening surgeons in the US and across the world, with a combined decades of experience and total of over a thousand patients and followups, agree with (1).

2. Femur lengthening is much more dangerous to your vital organs than tibia lengthening.
Your personal theory, based on zero experience and no scientific evidence at all. Just your own personal guess, bias, and what you want to believe, and nothing more.

Any rational minded person would trust #1.

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 12:37:02 AM »

Rimming through the bone is a much more harder and riskier surgery than puting some nails in an external fixator and it also needs a major surgery to remove it while removing an external fixator is something very easy and without any risk.
Also, deep bone infection with internal nails can be disastrous but most of the times with externals the infections can easily subdue with a few days of common antibiotics (lime augmentin).

LL is a cosmetic procedure and having big scars and fixators for many months is not the best compared to having something invisible  inside your bine and minimal scars.
Thats the only reason internals are so common for LL and it is easier for a doctor to put an internal nail than calibrating a hexapod.
But still, internal want 2 major surgeries, is more painful till the end (I was completely painfree in almost all my LL journey, something I never saw in any diary with internals where most patients are full into drugs to bear the pain) while externals are just a bulky and uncomfortable device for many months without any other disadvantage.
Even infection risk is very small if you do have safety measures and still, even if you have an infection it is very easily treatable.

For femurs though, internals is the only way.
For tibias, externals only is by far the safest way. Of course, compared to LON or LATN, internals only is better in everything except price.

And of course, when Insay internals I talk about Stryde. Any other nail is an obsolete joke compared to Stryde.

And no matter what Mahboubian or any other "merchant" like him says, externals are less painful and tsf frames is the most stable compared to anything else, even Stryde.
So his words have not much meaning, because we all know that with internals doctors earn more money with not much effort and they gain extra money for nail removal surgery .
No cosmetic doctors are much more to be trusted in topics like that compared to LL doctors who most of them are unfortunately moneythirsty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up