Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paley -Option 5  (Read 727 times)

growthPlz

Paley -Option 5
« on: November 17, 2020, 06:18:01 PM »

I’ve seen on Paley’s website the option 5 which is femur stryde, 3 weeks later tibia stryde and max out at 4cm for both, so 8 cm total gain. Then a year later rebreak those bones and with the same nails extend them another 4cm, so a total of 16cm. This seems like a good idea, since 4cm for each is easily achievable, and doing it twice after a year of healing is enough time. What do y’all think? Definitely considering this option. How would proportions look, I assume absolutely terrible but not sure.

precice strider

Re: Paley -Option 5
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 06:20:06 PM »

Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

growthPlz

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 08:26:01 PM »

Any other opinions or thoughts? Thanks

exceeding2meters

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 11:23:21 PM »

Proportions would be disaster

Most people cannot tolerate 10cm lengthening before they look like aliens

16cm would certainly need arm lengthening, with all the associated risks and you d probably pay another 50k at least

In the case that you have very long arms, you can maybe tolerate 13cm and even then you are already pushing it proportion wise

Let alone the damage from 16cm lengthening
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Highest

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 01:08:54 AM »

Can someone explain how doing 8cm tibia in 2 stages is somehow ok but Paley has a hard limit of 5cm in a single lengthening?

As strydefaith mentioned very few people could do 16cm without going way over wingspan. Doing arm lengthening then throws off your arm ratios. Overall bad idea.

growthPlz

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 01:36:26 AM »

Yeah 16 cm would look rather strange, and I think Paley does this because to do 8 cm for tibias u have to wait muchhhh longer. I’m considering option 3 which is a max of 10cm or 4 inches, I’m 5’9 so this would put me at 6’1. My wingspan however is about 5’9 so idk if I should lengthen but if I’m only doing 2 on femurs and 2 on tibias I don’t think I’d need to, lemme know what y’all think.

Highest

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 02:38:51 AM »

Yeah 16 cm would look rather strange, and I think Paley does this because to do 8 cm for tibias u have to wait muchhhh longer. I’m considering option 3 which is a max of 10cm or 4 inches, I’m 5’9 so this would put me at 6’1. My wingspan however is about 5’9 so idk if I should lengthen but if I’m only doing 2 on femurs and 2 on tibias I don’t think I’d need to, lemme know what y’all think.

8cm over wingspan won't look good and is incredibly uncommon, there is a UFC fighter who is around 10cm over wingspan and is clowned on constantly for it. If you care about proportions it is an issue. Still doesn't make sense the waiting part because your original muscle and soft tissues surrounding tibia still getting stretched.

growthPlz

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 02:51:58 AM »

Who is the ufc fighter? Also, Paley does humerus for 2 inches so I’d be fine idc about arm proportions and it’s less noticeable than arms to legs proportions (that is according to Paley himself)

L4A

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 05:02:37 AM »

Who is the ufc fighter? Also, Paley does humerus for 2 inches so I’d be fine idc about arm proportions and it’s less noticeable than arms to legs proportions (that is according to Paley himself)

Paley said this to you in a consultation or you saw this somewhere online? I am curious what the look of arm lengthening is (I can't find any before/afters)

growthPlz

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 05:16:34 AM »

Yeah it was a virtual consultation. Very brief, I only brought up 16 cm on here cuz I was too scared to bring that up with him lol, mostly talked about just doing 1 segment bc I don’t even have the money to do anything rn. But yeah he mentioned upper arm to lower arm is way less noticeable than arm to leg proportion
Pages: [1]   Go Up