Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paley NEW Youtube Video  (Read 928 times)

growthPlz

Paley NEW Youtube Video
« on: November 19, 2020, 03:27:34 AM »

Paley just posted a youtube video explaining the history of LL to the current, and even cooler, the future of what LL will look like. I recommend watching it, although the audio is delayed in the video lol. Either way, he explains how we are getting closer to having internal devices for lengthening smaller and more "complex" bones. Forearm (radia and ulna), fingers, toes, and facial bones, etc. Obviously these will probably not be used for cosmetic purposes (at least at first) but its a positive note from the top LL doctor. I mean think about it, if we could at least lengthen the forearm, our arms would be completely proportionate to our legs post LL by doing humerus and forearm. Something cool to think about. Check it out.   

growthPlz

Re: Paley NEW Youtube Video
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 03:53:31 AM »

Just found this quote from paleys website:
"In the near future, due to rapidly advancing technology, we can
expect to see greater miniaturization of implantable lengthening
devices for application to the smaller long bones of the forearm, the
hand and foot, as well as the craniofacial bones and perhaps even the
spine. We can also expect to see improved lengthening mechanisms
and safety enhancements such as sensors, biofeedback and artificial
intelligence involved in limb lengthening devices of the future."

Here's the article:
https://paleyinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/Extramedullary-Internal-Limb-Lengthening.pdf

AnotherShorty

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 07:27:54 AM »

We can also expect to see improved lengthening mechanisms
and safety enhancements such as sensors, biofeedback and artificial
intelligence involved in limb lengthening devices of the future."

Hi growthPlz,

Only this part (Quoted) is coming in 2022 or most likely in 2023, the nail is called SYNOSTE Nitinail. It will work through an app which show data from nail sensors but the length/size of the nail will remain same... That miniaturization isn't happening any time soon...

Regards

We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

growthPlz

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 01:18:25 PM »

With regards to miniaturization, Paley said in the video that he expects in the next 5-10 years we’ll see a wave of smaller devices for these smaller bones

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 04:52:50 PM »

Paley just posted a youtube video explaining the history of LL to the current, and even cooler, the future of what LL will look like. I recommend watching it, although the audio is delayed in the video lol. Either way, he explains how we are getting closer to having internal devices for lengthening smaller and more "complex" bones. Forearm (radia and ulna), fingers, toes, and facial bones, etc. Obviously these will probably not be used for cosmetic purposes (at least at first) but its a positive note from the top LL doctor. I mean think about it, if we could at least lengthen the forearm, our arms would be completely proportionate to our legs post LL by doing humerus and forearm. Something cool to think about. Check it out.   
Doing LL in all these bones will cost 200k+ euros, many surgeries and even more risks and reduction of function in many body parts.

Cosmetic lengthening in anywhere else except from legs is only for madmen.

growthPlz

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 01:34:05 AM »

I do agree, however doing legs and humerus and forearm in the future (if the device is internal) is not absurd, very possible and im sure many on this forum would do forearm to balance those proportions out, makes everything look nicer if arms are proportionate to legs
Pages: [1]   Go Up