Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member  (Read 673 times)

DutchGiant

• Visitor
« on: November 18, 2020, 11:14:51 PM »

I have joined the forum because I have been considering LL for a while now, and I believe soon will be the time to go ahead with this.

Let me start off with my stats:
Morning: 1.73m +1/4
Evening: 1.72m
Wingspan: 1.75m +1/4
Femur: 45 cm
Tibia: 38 cm
(note that femur and tibia were quite hard to measure, but I think I did a fair job)

I find that I am one of the taller starting height on this forum, but please consider my location.
I am unfortunately among the shortest 1/2% of young ethnically dutch males, and below the average height of young dutch females. When immigrants are also considered in these metrics, I fare slightly better, as the average height for young people in the country is M 1.84m/F 1.71m. So I don't have to give further explanations to you guys why I really want this  ;D

As I am absolutely horrified at the pictures of forum members who have done LON/Ilzarov, with the metal sticking out of their legs, doing Stryde is the only option for me. As I've understood femur is the better option for good recovery. I also figure that if I would use heigh-increasing shoes hereafter, it will look better, or else my knee level will be way too high for the rest of my body.

I would set out to lengthen the femur for about 6-8cm, depending on how well the distraction process fares for me.

My general condition right now is good. I am quite flexible really, as I do stretching three times per week for over years. I am just able to reach palm to ground. I am also quite muscular. I weigh in at about 65kg at a very low bodyfat percentage. I wouldn't really mind the reduction in athletic capabilities, as I am not competitively running or performing martial arts, and in fitness I mostly focus on my upperbody.

I believe that after Covid clears out, somewhere mid to late 2021 would be a good time to perform the procedure. I am excited for it, but not really looking forward to the hard times I will have to face.

Though I have learned lots reading the last couple of months, I do have some questions:
1. Are there any highly recommended docs for Stryde femur in Europe (not Turkey)?. I see alot of diaries for Giotkas, but I am always so afraid that there are fake reportings.
2. After I get discharged from the hospital 1 week post surgery, will I be able to walk (with crutches)? I hear some mixed reports in diaries, where some patients claim to be wheelchair bound for weeks. I would not be looking forward to that.

Thank you for reading!  :)

readyprecisestryde

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 05:57:24 AM »

I really depends on the individual. I was able to walk with a walker couple of days after the surgery and transitioned into a cane two and half weeks later.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 09:09:48 AM »

Hey there, DutchGiant.
I can totally appreciate your situation since I’m currently living in the Netherlands as well. With a morning height of 1.78 and an evening height of 1.77 I feel extremely short sometimes next to some people. I’ve seen many Dutchies around my height or shorter than me as well, so I’m not saying I would be considered a midget in this country, but definitely shorter than average.

1. Since my focus has been to go to Dr. Parihar (India) or Dr. Buldu (Turkey) for a few months now, I haven’t really been reading many diaries from doctors stationed in europe. I did see a few Giotikas diaries here and there, but didn’t really pay much attention to them. I know there is a section for limb lengthening doctors in the forum. You’ll definitely find more information about possible doctors there.
2. From all the diaries and patient videos I’ve seen from Dr. Buldu, they all start walking with a walker, not crutches though, on the first day after surgery. I’m sure it’s the same for other doctors, since to stimulate bone growth weight bearing is necessary. Obviously, if you decide on a non-weight bearing nail like precise, you’re not gonna be able to walk freely and most likely be bound to a wheelchair.

Regards,
Sky

DutchGiant

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 06:11:37 PM »

I really depends on the individual. I was able to walk with a walker couple of days after the surgery and transitioned into a cane two and half weeks later.

That seems reasonable.

Hey there, DutchGiant.
I can totally appreciate your situation since I’m currently living in the Netherlands as well. With a morning height of 1.78 and an evening height of 1.77 I feel extremely short sometimes next to some people. I’ve seen many Dutchies around my height or shorter than me as well, so I’m not saying I would be considered a midget in this country, but definitely shorter than average.

1. Since my focus has been to go to Dr. Parihar (India) or Dr. Buldu (Turkey) for a few months now, I haven’t really been reading many diaries from doctors stationed in europe. I did see a few Giotikas diaries here and there, but didn’t really pay much attention to them. I know there is a section for limb lengthening doctors in the forum. You’ll definitely find more information about possible doctors there.
2. From all the diaries and patient videos I’ve seen from Dr. Buldu, they all start walking with a walker, not crutches though, on the first day after surgery. I’m sure it’s the same for other doctors, since to stimulate bone growth weight bearing is necessary. Obviously, if you decide on a non-weight bearing nail like precise, you’re not gonna be able to walk freely and most likely be bound to a wheelchair.

Regards,
Sky

This is probably the only country where 1.78 is considered shortish. In many dutch youtube videos that feature well known dutch people ('BN-ers') there will always be some negative height comments for this height range.
Is 1.78 your starting height? In that case you have some very good cards. If you plan to do a +8cm femur like me, you can easily push to 1.90 on lifts.

I hope the diaries are reliable here. There is not much other info to go off on into making my choice. I have a feeling the CLL business is kind of a bit 'shady', as compared to strictly medical procedures. So understand that I am quite wary of the reports here.

In this country, it was decided a while ago by hospitals to not accept patients for CLL anymore, as they deem it unethical. The leg lenghtening in healthy people does not confer health benefits ,and may pose risks. And for each person who gets the LL, another person will become shorter in comparison. Does not stop me though, this is my life!

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 08:41:39 PM »

There are many diaries in the forum that are well documented and trustworthy. The most recent one I’ve read is from a member called Sunshine, maybe you can check his diary and decide for yourself. From the top of my head I can tell you three diaries that I know are reliable: Movie’s, KiloKhan’s, IFS’ (InFullStryde’s). There are many more, but these are the ones I can remember at the moment.

Yeah, my starting height is 1.78 (barefoot). I’m actually not even worrying that much about height anymore because I’ve already decided that I’m going through this procedure, and now I’m just waiting to save up enough. Hopefully I can make it to 8cm! I haven’t really decided the amount I want to lengthen, yet. I think I will go with what my body lets me.
Most of the Northern European countries see 1.78 on the shorter side. Most of these countries have their average height at 1.80 or more. I’m sure with each generation this number will grow though.

DutchGiant

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 09:30:24 PM »

I have read Sunshine's, and that one does look reliable indeed. I will shoot him a PM. I will check out those others, thanks!

I think I can imagine what 1.78 feels. I usually wear thick shoes with lifts (total approx +3/4cm over regular shoe). Not super short but not average either.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 04:35:30 PM »

Good idea. The guy seems like a very nice and helpful person, so I’m sure he’ll help you with anything he can.

precice strider

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 05:30:13 PM »

I find that I am one of the taller starting height on this forum, but please consider my location.
I am unfortunately among the shortest 1/2% of young ethnically dutch males, and below the average height of young dutch females.

Understandable, people should definitely consider location, it appears your height is like being 5'2 or 5'3 in the US.
I wouldn't like if the Filipinos came to me and said 5'2 is a perfectly good height and my 5'4 is way too tall for LL.
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

DutchGiant

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 12:59:06 AM »

Understandable, people should definitely consider location, it appears your height is like being 5'2 or 5'3 in the US.
I wouldn't like if the Filipinos came to me and said 5'2 is a perfectly good height and my 5'4 is way too tall for LL.

From what I found, the average height of an ethnically North American young male would be around 5'10-5'11. If older people and immigrants would be included (from for instance asian and indian heritage), the average is 5'9. This is based on some metrics I found online, not 100% how reliable they are.

I'd say a fair height equivalency how my comparable height would be in US is approx 5'5. Nothing too outrageous, but still definitely SHORT.

Apprehensive Finance

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 02:36:27 AM »

I also figure that if I would use heigh-increasing shoes hereafter, it will look better, or else my knee level will be way too high for the rest of my body.

[/quote  I’m confused about if this would naturally be the case. I don’t think there’s a typical knee height. It’s not like there’s a typical rule that someone has X knee height if they have  Y leg length. Also I might be wrong but I would think that that lengthening the femurs is above the knee so it wouldn’t raise it.  But in general I think you have a good plan. Definitely keep stretching. Also I haven’t seen this recommend before but when I did internal Femurs something that helpers alleviate  the pain is  a roll on gel that is a way of alleviating pain.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 05:26:22 AM »

I’m confused about if this would naturally be the case. I don’t think there’s a typical knee height. It’s not like there’s a typical rule that someone has X knee height if they have  Y leg length. Also I might be wrong but I would think that that lengthening the femurs is above the knee so it wouldn’t raise it.

I think he meant his knee level would look too low if he lengthened femurs, not too high.  In general there is a normal ratio between femur and tibia length, maybe 5:4 or thereabouts, so if you lengthen one segmet by a lot you'll look disproportionate to a trained or critical eye.

urbuddy

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 11:33:28 PM »

Dr. Peter Thaller in Germany. I’m only saying this because Dr. Donghoon Lee recommended him. I couldn’t find much info on him or how to contact him. But if you do let us know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up