Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nerve damage causes  (Read 424 times)

Annalisa

Nerve damage causes
« on: November 18, 2020, 11:37:42 AM »

I'm interested in LL in Russia with dr Kulesh, since the only I can afford soon. There was the android case scaring me, as he has bad nerve damage and nerve damage seems like the worst possible complication, since you can get basically crippled.What cause it and how to lower the risk? Do you think the fault can entirely be blamed on cross lengthening, and exclusive tibia external lengthening with decent lengthening rate (0.75mm per day), can prevent this complication?

exceeding2meters

Re: Nerve damage causes
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 12:32:26 PM »

I believe Android did external on femur? The general consensus is that this is very dangerous for pure cosmetic purposes. Tibia external is certainly safer, but how safe I don't know to be honest
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Annalisa

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »

He did external on both and cross lengthening which is dangerous on putting nerves under so much stress. I think external tibias is actually the safest. But nerve damage is really scaring. Kulesh is great for price, but I worry about his quality, if it is risky to get to him, or I don't have to worry so much doing only external tibias.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 02:32:33 PM »

I think Kulesh is Solomin's student so at least he had a respectable teacher, I believe there are some diaries of him here. I don't think Russian doctors are necessarily worse, probably the conditions of the hospital are bad there but I don't see why the doctor would necessarily be bad

Annalisa

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 02:44:53 PM »

In fact I don't think there are worst. As surgeon they're good. As a post-op, they don't seem great. Like not advising weight bearing (which is important ) and enough physiotherapy. And the nerve damage cases seem pretty bad and scary. But since I want to do the safest and least invasive method, I guess, I should be safe enough?

exceeding2meters

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »

Really difficult to say. If you need the surgery so badly and you can't afford anything better then there is no choice but to go with them. My suggestion is try to get as informed as possible so can at least take a calculated risk and not go blindly in. There should be diaries on here with the Russian doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up