Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do LL near family or go to the best center?  (Read 250 times)

vidyb

• Visitor
Do LL near family or go to the best center?
« on: November 20, 2020, 12:19:35 PM »

According to me, the best center to do this procedure is Paley institute in Florida, US. I can afford the costs but that means I have to do it all alone with no social contact. I do not live in US. This also means that I have to finish my business in 90 days and leave (because I can stay 90 days at once in US).

Alternatively, I can go to other surgeons like Debiparshad who is still out of country but at least I can go back home in 2 weeks. Or I can choose from several other surgeons like Giotikas, Parihar, Kohne.

I don't know what to do here. Sometimes I see so many people doing this with so many surgeons like Debiparshad, Mahboubian and everyone seems to be fine. See Debiparshad's instagram channel. So many success stories. So it feels like it's not a big deal to do it with any of these surgeons.

Then I hear about all the horrible things that can happen. Especially Paley discouraging people from going to docs like Debiparshad who do only cosmetic cases. He even hinted that he was talking especially about Debiparshad when he said "docs who go on doctors show".

What do I do?

It seems "easier" to get it done nearest to me. But I don't know if I will pay dearly for it.

Movie

Re: Do LL near family or go to the best center?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 06:09:11 PM »

Don't play with the legs you're going to have for the rest of your life, if you're going to do this do it right specially if you can afford it... Paley or Mahboubian.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Do LL near family or go to the best center?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 06:19:19 PM »

Dr. Xia was the best and most expensive doctor I could afford, and I had to borrow money to do it.  I was surprised to see a lot of westerners who were much better off financially than me in Beijing getting their LL.

Even though it's best to go to the best doctor you can afford, and the consensus is that Dror Paley is the best doctor, I think the difference between him and other U.S. doctors isn't that big.  The standards are so high in America that you won't be taking much of a risk by choosing any doctor who meets them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up