Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What should I tell my mum???  (Read 313 times)

TouchTheSkies

What should I tell my mum???
« on: April 22, 2021, 09:54:25 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am a 19 year old boy starting university this September. I am extremely insecure about my height and have quite bad height dysphoria. I went to a grammar school so all of my friends are tall athletic types and I’ve always been the shortest in the group.

My mum knows me better than anyone else and can tell when I’m not right (pretty much daily). She knows I have height insecurities but she doesn’t know it’s to the extent at which I need surgery to fix my issues (being limb lengthening). I’m scared about how she would react and I don’t want my siblings or her spouse to know about it but she’s my mum and would obviously need to know.

She recommended seeing a psychologist but I know 100% that it would not change my thoughts and my self image.

Does anybody in a similar position or anybody at all have advice??? I know that when a problem is shared it is halved. So I thought I’d ask you guys.

Feel free to PM me if u want
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

Serilium

Re: What should I tell my mum???
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 10:06:48 PM »

if ur mom recommended it, then see a psychologist first, talk out your emotions and concerns

i suspect you will very quickly know within a couple sessions whether you need to do LL or not 

Canon

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 10:08:27 PM »

You are too young I'd say. If you were ready for ll you wouldn't be scared of your mother/friends anyone.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 10:22:09 PM »

Well I mean telling my mum this is obviously not easy because of how extreme the procedure is.

I’m at that age where I can do it without her consent and honestly if I had the money I would do it in a heartbeat. I come from a religious god fearing family so I’m not scared of anyone and don’t back down from people or challenges. I would be mentally prepared and my height insecurity is the only thing stopping me from achieving what I want to achieve.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..
Pages: [1]   Go Up