Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideal way of going about two surgeries?  (Read 457 times)

SartBimpson

Ideal way of going about two surgeries?
« on: November 25, 2020, 05:13:21 AM »

I am 170cm currently. I'm thinking of lengthening with two surgeries by doing 5cm tibia and 7cm femurs to maintain good proportions and still be taller. Might even up to 8cm femurs and 6tibias if I can handle it.

Either way: how can I go about this? I know femur is internal-only with Stryde for best results. Tibias concern me a bit though, what device is best used to really make sure no knee complications occur? Also, would you say lengthening less on tibia could lessen the rate of complication?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Ideal way of going about two surgeries?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 05:36:48 AM »

If you're worried about the knee tendonitis that I've reported at the nail insertion/removal site, I think all internal devices are the same.  TSF is the best external device since it allows for so much control over the direction of lengthening, although the cheaper Ilizarov usually works perfectly well for CLL patients who don't need injury/deformity treatment.  Monorail externals aren't very good.  Lots of people report complications with those.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »

I remember reading somewhere here than Donghoon said up to 5cm tibia people have complete recovery including doing sports, while up to 6cm complete recovery when it comes to walking, but not so good with sports.

However, since you intend to do double LL, I don't know if this applies to you (I also intend to do so, unfortunately I have not found much information on the recovery rates of double LL)

For maximum tibia safety, I think the best option is TSF. I think internal nailing has up to 50% chance of permanent knee pain. I'd rather be uncomfortable for one year wearing external frames, than have permanent knee pain. Of course other people prefer to risk the knee pain for the sake of the comfort of the internal. Personally, when the time comes, I will lengthen my tibias with TSF.
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Arrogance

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 09:57:26 PM »

Even 5+5 would leave you satisfied. And you will recover better too. Even doctors recommend 5cm max on tibia and 7 on femurs. The serious ones at least
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

Arrogance

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 10:12:09 PM »

From Dr Donghoon Lee:
 ''If both Tibia and Femur are lengthened sequentially, the maximum to be 10cm in total.''
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 10:42:32 PM »

Weightbearing with stryde tibia is alot better than weightbearing with a big ass's frame. So no, if you want to have a highest chance of max out tibia and recover in three same year, you go stryde, not tsf. Being able to stand more often makes a good difference. Yes tsf is weight bearing but you are limited more and probably will stay in bed most of time cuz cripple

TSF is not the best way to reach goal

TSF is safest, sure, but recovery is much longer after being crippled for much longer
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 06:21:42 AM »

Bearing weight in place is fine with a frame, it's just moving around that's harder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up