Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My tibias are extremely short compared to my unrealistically long femurs.  (Read 322 times)

missyoulikecrazy

• Visitor

Hello.

I am 178cms, and my tibias are extremely short compared to my femurs. (My femurs are actually longer than my brother's, who is 188cms tall. WTF)

As such, femur lengthening is definitely not an option for me, and I am considering getting my tibia lengthenings done by Dr.Paley or Dr.Donghoon Lee with the Stryde nails.

Call me crazy if you want, but my short tibias are driving me nuts and I am willing to invest my time and money into this arduous journey.

I was wondering if lengthening 4cms in the tibias and then rebreaking the bones after a year or so to lengthen the remaining 4cms of the nail is an option. That way, I could gain 8cms in the tibia at a relatively safe timespan.

I think Dr. Paley offers this as an option on his website, although it's 4+4 in both tibias and femurs, and then 4+4 again after a year.

Is this a realistic plan, and is there anyone on this forum who has gone through this route with Dr.Paley?

Many thanks in advance :)

SartBimpson

Re: My tibias are extremely short compared to my unrealistically long femurs.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 01:54:33 PM »

Technically possible. Haven't seen many surgeons recommend going past 6cm on tibias though.

Although it could be good for you since it'll give you better proportions.

missyoulikecrazy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 02:06:02 PM »

Would the accompanying risks of lengthening more than 6cms in the tibia exist regardless of the time gap for my 4-cm lengthened bones to consolidate and heal?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 04:51:20 PM »

Reduced by alot, you give an extended amount of time for the first tissues to stretch and adapt.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up