Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reason I am considering LL  (Read 1206 times)

Sambollio

Reason I am considering LL
« on: November 26, 2020, 10:54:39 PM »

Hello all,
I recently created an account for this forum after researching this surgery for the past year. I am 22 and 5'9.5 , I know that by no means am I short, in fact I am the exact average for the U.S. where I live. I am posting basically to get some feedback and honestly just be candid and vent. I fully believe in height dysphoria and I think it can have many origins. My reason for having it is somewhat unique I believe. I am the second oldest of six siblings and we all are roughly average except my older brother. He is 6'2, this probably wouldn't be a big deal except the fact that he was physically and emotionally abusive to me as I grew up, (he was later diagnosed with ASPD, he would do other things like kill small animals and even gave my little sister an eating disorder by humiliating her eating habits which were normal) . I remember always feeling small and it was only exacerbated when he hit puberty and everyone was complimenting him about his height and when I hit puberty a couple of years later the feeling of being let down and inferior was immense. I don't desire to be his height or taller, I just don't want to feel small and week anymore. My goal is the classic 8cm. I have been seeking help for this feeling for years now and it has helped all my issues except this one. I think this is due to the fact that my insecurities are constantly reinforced by those around me. For example, my mom has the tall genes of the two parents and constantly makes fun of my dad for his height and expresses zero attraction to him, she also remarks to my youngest brother about how short he is.There are many other experiences I have had to reinforce this complex I have but I think the root comes from my older brother. I just want to be happy, and I genuinely think after waking up everyday and thinking about my height multiple times throughout that LL is the part of the path to achieve it.

SartBimpson

Re: Reason I am considering LL
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 05:20:42 AM »

Hope you can get it done man, that does sound like it's taken a bit of a toll on you.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 05:36:16 PM »

I think you have suffered allot by having a sibling who is a psycho yet was treated better than you which definitely has resulted in many psychological damages

I think you have allot to gain with LL and it is a personal choice so don't let people give u   for being average height and wanting to do this sometimes it is not about the cm gained but the action of LL and the shift in mentality gained
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Montreal172

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 06:59:31 PM »

Well all faced some sort of trauma lil homie, I think it would be beneficial to you, probably aime for femur internal, you can do more cm and safer than tibia. My advice short term, try to see if you can move out, see the effects it has on you and keep saving your money. Eventually go for LL if you still feel the need.

Kal el

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 09:07:32 PM »

Hey bro welcome to LL forum....btw how tall is ur mom..and why the hell ur mom always jokes abt ur father's height is it serious....or is it just casual lame type of fun...and do u mean by that ur mom dsnt like ur dad physically🙄..no offence but was just wondering which woman in the world wldn't like her husband physically after having 6 children with him....and yeah i think this surgery will be good for u coz u have a pretty solid reason to do it..not to impress girls😅..and u also dont have unrealistic height goals..go for it..with a good doctor and i also recommend internal stryde nails..if money is not a bar.

Arrogance

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 09:29:40 PM »

I have strange small hands for my height. My mom once took my hand and put it on hers to compare and mock me. I got pissed off and almost broke her hand while squeezing it.That was the last time she made fun of my hands.
 Women's primitive brain might favour size but it doesn't always correlate to strenght.
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

Sambollio

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 10:43:44 AM »

My mom is between 5'7 and 5'8. I can't say exactly why she makes fun of his height, perhaps it is because she secretly despises that aspect of him? Just a guess. It also is just socially acceptable for men to be teased for not being tall. And no offense taken I didn't realise my mom and dads weird relationship until I ,moved out. I noticed that whenever he tries to be intimate at all with her, kissing, hugging, complimenting etc... She rejects him harshly. Saying its gross, or telling him to stop. It may sound strange but I think it's normal for parents' children to pick up on some underlying sexuaity between their parents and I never got that, they seem like siblings. My mom's mom was apparently a huge party girl and my mom grew to despise that so I think she went the opposite direction and is very non-sexual/never drinks/ doesn't enjoy anything that isn't "PG". I think she had 6 kids as a means to an ends of having kids, having sex was just a part of that (most likely unfortunately for her). I appreciate your words of encouragement, I hope to get the surgery done before 25 and am looking at Dr. Mahboubian. Obviously being able to impress girls is nice but the height dysphoria is real. It reminds me of depression in that it feels physical. Well it is but what I mean is that when I was depressed I felt slow and heavy and tired. The height dysphoria makes me feel physically tiny. What would you recommend doctor wise? I chose mahboubian because of the balance of price, hs close to me, and has a great reputation.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 04:15:46 AM »

Which doctors are you considering? I'm thinking of Dr. Giotikas, I heard some good things about him

Ronman

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2020, 04:20:41 AM »

I relate to a degree, my friend.

I am 5'8 and generally don't feel too short.

But I have an older cousin who is 6'4 who was a real  **** to me when I was younger. He was very condescending and domineering.

What's more, in 2006 he started dating an ugly 5'10-5'11 girl who is even more domineering and controlling than him.

They would act like a holes not just to me, but to others in the family.

For some reason it really screwed me up though

For this reason, I think that getting LL for me ain't the right thing to do at the moment. I need to address my emotional and self esteem issues first.

Btw, you have a good height. If I am 178cm in the morning, I would be totally happy with that.

EmSon

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 09:12:01 AM »

I've been looking into LL for a while and I'm aware that I am by no means short, but I have plenty of relatives taller than me (179 cm, 188 cm), I'm a bit shorter than my dad (178 cm). I also have tall friends, three of which are 180 cm, 183 cm, and 187 cm. My parents and I expected me to grow taller since my sister is 5'7". Make sure you are doing this for yourself.
Current Height:176 (night)
Goal Height: 185-186 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm (6'0.5")
Sitting height: 92 cm (51.98% SHR)

Kal el

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 01:00:27 PM »

The thing is i just hate my life and my grand mother's height has a lot to do with it....i dnt know why d fk she was such a midget she was like 5' or 4'10....even though my grandfather had a decent height at probably 178 or close to 180....and he also was a policeman but all my uncles and aunts are very short becz of my grand mother's midget genes😖....and that shortness has got into me too....one thing i definitely wanna make sure in my personal life is tht..am not gonna marry a shorter woman....i just dnt want my future generations to suffer the same thing tht m going through..its just awful..i just can't relate myself to any physically dominant guy....i know short guys are also very successful in life but nevertheless there will always be something less abt them including myself....i just dnt want my sons grandsons to have a account on this forum....i hate my body..i hope anybody else does not.

Sambollio

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 10:49:49 PM »

I am probably going with Dr. shahab mahboubian. His prices are among the best for the U.S. He has a great track record. He is friendly and caring which I think is very important for this surgery, as it is quite frightening in some aspects. And I will be going to school in a year in a half very near there which is perfect because it will give me time to save money.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 10:09:59 AM »

Your brother and mom both sound pretty toxic. Have you considered seeking out a therapist to talk about these issues? It would be a shame if you underwent LL and possibly developed complications just because of your toxic relatives giving you height dysphoria.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Kal el

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 02:19:06 PM »

Those aint his relatives bro😅....she is her parent and he is his family.

Sambollio

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 07:50:35 PM »

Ya not only have I considered it, but I have. Not just for my height dysphoria but believe it or not, they messed my head in a couple ways. It’s been about 1.5 years of going to therapy either once a week or once every other. Many of my issues have improved including my height dysphoria! But I’d say I’ve had the same mindset for about 6 months now after the initial year and it hasn’t budged. Therapy has taken an edge off for sure, but it’s beginning to look like certain issues will be a life long struggle. I am still researching limb lengthening, and if I do it, it’ll be with a highly reputable doctor to minimize risk. Basically I have another 16-20 months of saving and researching to decide whether or not it is worth it. It’s also time for me to continue my therapy, and if I get over it, Great! I get to save 70k+! So ya I totally agree therapy is a way to go but I guess I’ll see in a year and a half!
Pages: [1]   Go Up