Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the most height I can gain with two surgeries?  (Read 377 times)

44victim

• Visitor
What's the most height I can gain with two surgeries?
« on: November 30, 2020, 11:19:58 PM »

I'm currently 5'5 (165cm) and 18 years old (still in 11th grade due to getting held back in the eighth grade) My only motivation to do good in school is that I might be able to get a good paying job in cyber security or something else tech related to eventually safe up for LL. Basically my question is, if I had enough money to afford two surgeries, what's the max total lengthening someone could get? Is it different for each person? I read that gaining 8cm in the first surgery on the femur and then another 8cm in the second surgery on the tibiae was possible but I've only seen people gaining 3-4inches here. I've even seen a little person gain a whole 12 inches but I'm guessing that it's easier for little people to gain more. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:54:53 AM by 44victim »

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: What's the most height I can gain with two surgeries?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 11:28:43 PM »

You've got it right.  It depends on the person, and little people's tissues can handle a lot more lengthening than non-little people's.

44victim

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 01:06:02 AM »

Do you know if there's anything I can do to increase how much my tissue can handle for when I get the surgery? If so, would it allow me to gain a few more centimeters or would it just make the process less painful? Thanks for the answer by the way

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 02:56:05 AM »

It's probably some combination of genetics and behavior.  You can do pilates, yoga, stretching, etc and that will probably help somewhat, but it's hard to say how much.  I think stretching won't just make it less painful; the more stretched out you are going in, the less your body will have to stretch in such a short amount of time as a lengthening phase.  And once your bones are lengthened, just the act of standing and walking becomes a stretching exercise on those muscles and tendons: they're too short and have your body weight pushing on them to get longer.

A lot of people approach LL wanting to get back to normal ASAP, but only severe contracture won't go away eventually with enough stretching after the fact.  I lengthened a lot, and it took me a long time to get back to normal, but I did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up