Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email I got from Dr Lee about knee pain  (Read 1742 times)

wannagrowtaller

Email I got from Dr Lee about knee pain
« on: October 09, 2019, 12:15:58 AM »

Dr. Lee has informed that we didn’t have anyone with a permanent knee pain after undergoing tibial lengthening surgery among our patients. The permanent knee pain depends on the surgical approach of how well the intramedullary nail is inserted. Also, Dr. Lee doesn’t do suprapatellar incision unless it’s a special case.

I don't know why, but asians prefer to do tibias than femur. Probably Dr Lee had done more precice on tibia and LON/LATN than any other doctor. And also there are the trauma/deformity cases. If nobody ever emailed him complaining about knee issues, it's because nobody has it. You can say they may be lying, but I totally believe in his answer.

In other words, if you go to a good doctor, there is simple 0 chances of getting knee pain after tibia nailing. You can also email Paley or Rozbruch or Köhne and post in this thread their answers. I believe it'll be the same answer of Dr Lee. People are afraid because of nothing. Some people stay with frame for 1 year (which is an absurd that carry its own risks) fearing something that should not happen.

Don't need to say, but saying anyway, if you go to any good hospital, you'll not get deep bone infection.

MDOW was always shilling for his crap doctor, but he got knee pain not because there is a risk with tibia nailing, but because he went to the crappiest place of all to get this surgery done. At least he didn't got a infection and lost his limbs. Others didn't have the same fate.
Go for it

cena

Re: Email I got from Dr Lee about knee pain
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 02:19:28 PM »

Ok dude you have got it all figured out now. You know the right doctors, the right methods and the right hospitals. You know how to avoid knee pain and how to avoid infections.

At this point if you have any doubt between two good options just flip a coin!

When are you scheduled for surgery? Next month? Can't wait to read your diary!

throwaway12

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 03:14:53 PM »

Good luck friend. I’m pursuing Stryde with Dr. Giokitas. Have you considered him before?

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 10:58:03 PM »

Paley's response:

Quote from: Angelique Keller (Paley's assistant)
At this point, there is no reported long term/permanent knee pain after surgery.
Go for it

awatim

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 12:32:23 PM »

I had LL with nailing in tibia and femur; in my case knee pain continues since several years;

I am looking for information what should be done to eliminate this pain: rod removal, covering the defects in knee cartilage, eliminating scars on patellar tendon

afaq379006

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 04:35:20 PM »

knee pain are due to no fat and muscules in foots or some kind of wrong sitting movement etc etc

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 10:03:25 PM »

When the matter of long-term recovery of LL is discussed in this forum, posters often say that patients don't like to admit their surgery was a wrong decision, and will lie and say it was a good decision. They say that many patients don't report back to doctors because in bad cases, they feel their doctors can't help them. So why should we take an CLL doctor's word, that he has never had a case of permanent knee pain with a patient, for granted? It might be true that a good doctor can avoid knee pain, but remember that 73% of all tibia nailing patients had knee pain in this study. We don't know for sure if it's unavoidable.

Additionally, Paley said in a consultation that less than 10% of his patients have issues with knee pain. So it's not true that "there is no reported long term knee pain after surgery" with him:

No, I have never seen close to that figure with my patients.  Probably less than 10% have this issue.  Fellow nods and adds that he's only seen it in less than 10-15% of his patients from their case studies.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=237.msg6876#msg6876
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

awatim

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 09:23:31 AM »

No doctors told me about these statistics or risks at the moment of the surgery ; all of them assured that their method is safe, although my complications were already predictable ; more embarrassing is that these surgeons cut contacts after the surgery, declaring unavailability, giving no way to avoid complications
I might need to inquire more, maybe through arthroscopy, diagnostic scans

afaq379006

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »

what about your hands surgery you did it or not. i mean if a person go for tibias or femurs both then he must need hands surgery to look propotional

nomad13

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2019, 02:05:21 PM »

it be strange to believe just by choosing a doctor some known complication can be avoided, we are talking about medical sciences that are heavily regulated by different authorities even in the worst country you imagine, so no doctor is going to try out his tricks or creativity in surgery if he did so he be pretty much breaking law. When ever we buy into the philosophy of famous doctor we should consider this
LON tibias(Oct 2019) in consolidation phase 160cm --> 165cm by Dr. Pradip Sharma http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64481.0

184dream

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 06:49:43 AM »

interesting
Pages: [1]   Go Up