Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Koehne Diary 21/22 | Unilateral Tibia + Femur  (Read 17924 times)

TheDream

Re: Koehne Diary 21/22 | Unilateral Tibia + Femur
« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2023, 07:48:34 PM »

Sieg a few questions if you don’t mind:

1. Have you removed all nails, screws and rods yet?
2. What are the physical activities you feel are the hardest at this point compared to before? Are stairs still cumbersome compared to before? Do you feel a difference when running?
3. How do you handle the information about having done LL? As in, did you decide to tell friends and family? Do you tell your dates?

informationispower

« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2023, 09:38:59 PM »

night and day for sure, this is going from the womens average height to almost mens average height.

Could you elaborate a bit more? You can dm me if you prefer

Siegfried

« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2023, 10:18:53 PM »

Could you elaborate a bit more? You can dm me if you prefer

Well, i mean height is definitely the most attractive trait for a man, however its not the only one. Other things such as good looks, fitness, hip to shoulder ratio, intelligence, financial resources and humour are major factors as well. So naturally, if you lack in some of the other departments, you will still struggle to be attractive for women, as you are always in competition with other attractive men.

If you got everything else figured out and you are only missing the height, then this surgery will be a game changer for you. If you dont, the height will definetly be a value added bonus nonetheless, but to a lesser degree.

Naturally, going from below average to average height makes you more "noticeable" to women. While I always felt invisible to a lot of women, I now feel acknowledged and at least looked at as "man" (by both genders).

Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Siegfried

« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2023, 10:24:53 PM »

Sieg a few questions if you don’t mind:

1. Have you removed all nails, screws and rods yet?
2. What are the physical activities you feel are the hardest at this point compared to before? Are stairs still cumbersome compared to before? Do you feel a difference when running?
3. How do you handle the information about having done LL? As in, did you decide to tell friends and family? Do you tell your dates?

1. Nail removal is scheduled for december

2. Im not very limited in doing anything tbh. My stretching is very on point. Stairs and long walks feel normal again. Im currently working and improving on my running each week. Some residual tightness in the quads and hip flexors, as well as a lack of muscles still hinder me from being at 100% with my running.

3. Ive only told 3-4 close friends. I dont tell anyone else. I was off the grid for 1.5 years during my ll phase, where i only met with my close friends, who i told.

Other people dont really notice, since im still a tad below average in Germany and have not crossed the eye levels of most male friends.

Never had any female friends tbh, but im pretty sure they would notice right away. Women are more perceptice and definitely pay attention to these kinds of things more than men do. Why would i tell any new person i meet, let alone a date?

My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

TheDream

« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2023, 10:42:42 PM »

1. Nail removal is scheduled for december

2. Im not very limited in doing anything tbh. My stretching is very on point. Stairs and long walks feel normal again. Im currently working and improving on my running each week. Some residual tightness in the quads and hip flexors, as well as a lack of muscles still hinder me from being at 100% with my running.

3. Ive only told 3-4 close friends. I dont tell anyone else. I was off the grid for 1.5 years during my ll phase, where i only met with my close friends, who i told.

Other people dont really notice, since im still a tad below average in Germany and have not crossed the eye levels of most male friends.

Never had any female friends tbh, but im pretty sure they would notice right away. Women are more perceptice and definitely pay attention to these kinds of things more than men do. Why would i tell any new person i meet, let alone a date?
Thanks.
Best of luck with rod removal in december.

Siegfried

« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2023, 10:40:15 AM »

I had my nail removals (quadrilateral) 3 days ago. Although i still walk like a penguin 3 days post op, i dont need crutches and i will probably have a normal gait in 1-2 weeks time again. Quit pain meds yesterday.

This surgery has been absoutely life-changing and i would do everything again the same way. I just wish i could have done it sooner. Shout out to my doctor Dr. Koehne in Munich, he is an absolute chad and perfectionist and I will forever be grateful to him.

tilli

• Visitor
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2024, 09:34:36 AM »

Hi @siegfried
I just wanted to say thanks for the insightful diary! I'm strongly considering Köhne at this point, also for quad LL, even though I'm not sure about the unilateral strategy. We'll see what the doctor is gonna tell me about it, I think I might wanna contact them soon for some first talk.

Friendly tod

• Visitor
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2024, 09:44:33 AM »

I would probably follow you for two or three years to check the full recovery. I want to do the surgery but I am more worried about my athletic abilities. I still want to run and jump at maximum strength without worrying about my body like I was at my teenage time. Could I get a personal contact from you. I could pay for it

rodrick10

• Visitor
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2024, 11:01:29 PM »

Same here

rotzputzen

• Visitor
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2024, 03:06:44 PM »

Hey, another fellow German here. I am thinking about either Becker or Dr. Thaller (Munich/Berlin). I plan on doing 6cm femurs only. I am 172 and my goal is to get to 178.

You probably won´t check the forum often now as you have your new life. Just wanted to check in, how is the recovery going? Is your gait completely normal (incl. fast walking)? How is your running?

Cheers.

lucindaris

« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2024, 09:16:19 AM »

I am planning to do the same. Just add some to my femus because they look even short compared to my Tibiae and do it in Germany and move along with my life.

Siegfried

« Reply #197 on: March 22, 2024, 12:12:20 PM »

Long time no see everyone. As many of you probably know, I have already moved on from this procedure and this phase of my life. I could not be happier with having done this with Dr. Köhne. I had my nail removal 3-4 months ago and I have completely recovered. I do everything i used to do before the surgery yoga, jogging, weightlifting etc..
My gait is also completely back to normal. Even if i point it out to people, it doesnt get noticed, as everything has returned to its normal strength.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #198 on: March 22, 2024, 10:48:54 PM »

Well, i mean height is definitely the most attractive trait for a man
That depends. Height is a factor in a man's attractiveness of course but as long as you are not in the short range, height is not even a big factor while look and fitness are, but if u r then yeah it is or even a very big factor. I think it also applies to look and fitness.
I love STEM, Philosophy and Classics!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up