Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting second LL(femurs) with Dr Buldu  (Read 13653 times)

fivetenneeded2016

Re: Starting second LL(femurs) with Dr Buldu
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2021, 01:57:57 PM »

dear fivetenneeded2016

Your journey is inspiring to me. I think you have set the goal of 5'10 in 2016 and are fighting for it. I am inspired by your bravery.

Yours is a drastic change in the stature and your friends and the family will notice. are you open about it?

with your precice journey do you think it would be easier if you had did the one leg at a time in terms of the pain and sleep? how is your job duties going with lack of the sleep at night everyday?

and last question friend, did your Dr Halil give to you medications for preventing the dvt?

regards,
sergio

thabks for your post redwedding.
my friends and family do know about it :) although i am not open with everyone, i have moved places..my colleagues are unaware lol.
i would still have done both legs...if one leg a time, the pain from you get from it band would be inevitable and oddly be one sided which would suck more specially while walking. this is despite it band release.

job is managebale..i can sit for long with no issue but i dont get a good sleep most times which is the issue.

halil did give me heparin for 2 weeks and aspirin everyday till end of lengthening.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

redwedding

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2021, 03:40:52 PM »

thanks for the kind response fivetenneeded2016 I appreciate to you

Did you get the IT bands released? Is that the cause of the pain or is the pain from the stretching?

cheers,
sergio
If deep bone infection and the pulmonary embolism was not a risk I will do this operation tomorrow!

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2021, 05:20:48 PM »

thanks for the kind response fivetenneeded2016 I appreciate to you

Did you get the IT bands released? Is that the cause of the pain or is the pain from the stretching?

cheers,
sergio
yes, i got my IT bands released. the pain is due to tightness though. i think its normal for lengthening at > 1mm also becomes painful after 5-6cm due to overall stretch..hope to slow down soon.
159-181.

more

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2021, 03:32:58 PM »

yes, i got my IT bands released. the pain is due to tightness though. i think its normal for lengthening at > 1mm also becomes painful after 5-6cm due to overall stretch..hope to slow down soon.
what kind of tightness? did you knees bows? why you needed?
what your dr. explain why you need it?

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2021, 07:41:43 PM »

Hi

Is an IT band release optional and how are you managing the weight bearing whilst lengthening?

Hope all is well

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2021, 09:32:14 PM »

update: due to my previous surgery in tibias and my lack of stretching, I am feeling too tight on my hamstrings and  IT band. I cannot stand up with knees straight or keep knee straight while lying down...a slight bit of an angle..although knee bends fine(i have more than 150° bend on knee).

I have now decided to stop listening to my body to recover. My callus is excellent on one leg(almost consolidated- this is at 1.33mm/day) and the other leg is not too good.

so doing 1.33mm might still fuse one of my legs and I cant handle 1.33mm let alone anything higher. So its best I stop now and do the rest after full consolidation, hoepfully with better flexion.

Stay tuned, I ll be back in 3-4 months. 6 cm in a week short of two months, not bad..given my callus, my weight(60kg) and the fact that my nails can bear 68 kg, i think i can start walking unaided in the next 2-3 weeks.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2021, 09:34:56 PM »

159-181.

TheDream

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2021, 10:38:00 PM »

Fiveten why did you choose to lengthen at 1.33 mm per day and not say 0.80 mm per day? It would have reduced the pressure your soft tissue (i.e. muscles, nerves and arteries) are subjected to and thus less stiffness and pain.

Body Builder

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2021, 11:09:53 PM »

On your left foot your callus is minimal. On your right one is better but still not even closo to (pre)consolidation.
So I wonder too, why you lengthen so fast at 1.33mm ? You could continue with even less than 1mm and still not face preconsolidation and also let your soft tissues to adapt better.
So before stopping, think about it more careful. But if your body tells you to stop and you are ok with how much you lengthened then yes you should stop.

Serilium

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2021, 11:24:53 PM »

due to my previous surgery in tibias and my lack of stretching

even 3 years ago?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2021, 04:15:35 PM »

even 3 years ago?
not sure again if its due to tibias or if i had tightee hamstrings/soft tissues to begin with. the tightness has no problem in day to day activity..only during lengthening i found the tightness from early on- 4cm- this time.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »

On your left foot your callus is minimal. On your right one is better but still not even closo to (pre)consolidation.
So I wonder too, why you lengthen so fast at 1.33mm ? You could continue with even less than 1mm and still not face preconsolidation and also let your soft tissues to adapt better.
So before stopping, think about it more careful. But if your body tells you to stop and you are ok with how much you lengthened then yes you should stop
i did 1.33 from almost all of my lengthening...except 2 weeks initally(after my first xray)- this was on the advice of my doctor, as you can can my xrays at 1.7cm was too close to consolidation.

i dint take another xray till now(at almost 6cm) coz its too hard and expensive to get an xray in the UK. so I continued with the same speed too to avoid any consoldiation in worst case.

this was a mistake on my part, but i am okay with 6cm now. I would rebreak the bone later and do the rest.

hope to recover soon.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 05:52:27 PM by fivetenneeded2016 »
159-181.

las vegas baby

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2021, 05:15:34 PM »

congrats bubba, I dont think u need em last 2 cms. But we know u aint stoppin'.

do you have any nerve damage from doing 1.33mm? can you feel every part of your leg? did you not meet your surgeon every 2 weeks?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2021, 05:48:25 PM »

congrats bubba, I dont think u need em last 2 cms. But we know u aint stoppin'.

do you have any nerve damage from doing 1.33mm? can you feel every part of your leg? did you not meet your surgeon every 2 weeks?
thank you las vegas.

no nerve damage, i can feel everything..just wide legs and bent knee(cannot straighten the knee)..its not the worst still it started ti hamper my mobility.

i am quite paranoid with these, so i feel its best to have quit...i cant take 1.33 or 1mm on my right atleast and .66 might be too slow...better safe than sorry.

i dint meet my surgeron every 2 weeks lol. i was to take xrays every 3 weeks...i skipped once though.
159-181.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2021, 06:19:54 PM »

Wow this diary went fast! Congrats on finishing.

What is your expectations in terms of physical recovery after LL?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2021, 03:16:41 AM »

Wow this diary went fast! Congrats on finishing.

What is your expectations in terms of physical recovery after LL?
i couldnt straighten my knee till 2 days back. today i can..its exponetially improving by day..hopefully i wide legs would disappear too...i think its because of lengthening too fast that it all occured...but that was inevitable for my right leg.

in terms of recovery i plan:
2 weeks from now: nornal walk on crutches
5 weeks from now crutchless- my nail can hold my weight(60kg)

i ll keep you updsted on how it goes.

also i would definitely try to heal asap hoping to further lengthen what is left of the nail.

159-181.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2021, 04:28:52 AM »

i couldnt straighten my knee till 2 days back. today i can..its exponetially improving by day..hopefully i wide legs would disappear too...i think its because of lengthening too fast that it all occured...but that was inevitable for my right leg.

in terms of recovery i plan:
2 weeks from now: nornal walk on crutches
5 weeks from now crutchless- my nail can hold my weight(60kg)

i ll keep you updsted on how it goes.

also i would definitely try to heal asap hoping to further lengthen what is left of the nail.

No I mean long term recovery, what do you expect to be able to do and not do after this journey is over and behind you?

Serilium

« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2021, 04:48:29 AM »

not much expectations i would assume, doing 8cm tibias and getting achilles tendon lengthening. itll be years for recovery. i hope you recover but i would not agree with what you have done charmeleon.  you dont think 6cm femurs is enough already and you still want more? you got 14cm, that's alot... you have grown so much- you want to delay your life another year for 2cm?

nonetheless i do appreciate the diary, thank you.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2021, 02:13:52 PM »

Serilium- My competition(BDD) is going after a certain goal. Thus to truly leave this behind for mental peace, i would have to do it again. (remember the charmeleon needs to evolve ;) ).

I might be someone who has lengthened a lot, but i also know a few members personally from the old forum where doing large amount carefully was still okay. They are doing fine, yes even like 8-9 years post op. Its just the new forum where the rules are set - like do less blah blah. I remember in the beginning of the forum, people only did 5-6cm on femur and considered that safe.
But come stryde and post 2017, you see almost every one(even on precise) is doing 8, and they seem to do okay. So, the point is the goal set by the "members" are not necessarily the best. Your doctor knows much more than folks here. I use the forum only to see people's experience. I still listen to my doc more than what these guys say here. And even Pili said its not an issue if i did so much. i dont care if you dont trust him, i havent seen a single bad case and he is a doc, not the rest of you!
Again I am not encouraging anyone to do lot. You can do if your body allows and your doc is confident too.

Your goal should be set by your body and your doc. Also why i have stopped now.

In terms of long term recovery, I lost my aglity and explosiveness after ACL reconstruction playing soccer in my late teens. I have given up on being competitive or even play sports that are leg intensive.

I am only wanting to recover(and i am sure i will), to a point where i can do my day to day chores, jog, swim and gym to stay fit. Regarding soft tissues, they do stretch over time to an extent they dont harm your body. I have confirmed this too. Considering my recovery ambition, I am doing much better than that. People were like you cant jump after ATL, or run. I can do both lol. I would do similar after femurs too. I remember the days of my surgery coz they are special to me. I promise to login on those dates just to post an update.

I feel even better while walking today- fully straight legs and quite effortless. I ll send a video soon.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2021, 02:20:53 PM »

159-181.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2021, 05:08:59 PM »

No judgement mate.

I wish you a swift recovery and look forward to seeing recovery videos.

Ozoz

• Visitor
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2021, 12:00:34 PM »

Charmender charmender  ;D can you walk charmender can you breath fireee  ;D  ;D ;D charmelionnnn camt ealk is that how it is  ;D

Serilium

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2021, 01:56:18 PM »

Respect sir. 🙏🏻 Makes sense man.

Your goal, your life, your happiness, not mine. I respect that. You are right

Cheers

Want-3-inches

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2021, 11:01:58 AM »

Have you consolidated now fiveten?

Worzezterlire

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2021, 11:16:30 AM »

I was somewhere around 160, which is why the second surgery :) my current height is still on the shorter side in europe.

I was going to ask why as well, but if you started at 160 this really makes a lot of sense.  160 to 176 is pretty amazing!  From extremely below average to above average in some EU states!  (Italy, Spain, some others)

Best of luck on the second segment!

Blaze237

• Visitor
  • current height: 1m79-80 goal height 1m85-88
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2021, 08:43:38 PM »

Wish you all the best man ! 16 cm in gains is truely amazing and pretty live changing. Wish i had as much courage as you! Hope your proportions will look fine but honestly i doubt it will look bad since you lenghten both femurs and tibias. Several people said that others think they are taller than they actually are after LL bec of their long legs ! So you will look like someone who is 6ft ! and i find that amazing !!!!

Anyway wish you all the best in your recovery !

Thehighest

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2021, 09:20:26 PM »

Hi who is your doctor I got confussed and which method?

Bagga

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2021, 03:06:22 AM »

How r u?
any new update on your LL journey?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2021, 06:09:13 PM »

guys, i am all good..been quite busy with my life. yes, fully consolidated..i started walking normally(no limp) from around may 3rd week. would do a video sometime when free(jogging etc).

all in all 3 months from surgery to be back to normal. ofcourse my athletic abilities would be hampered, but its a trade off i took but can still get close to 85-90% if i worked a few muscle groups in the legs. even if not, I can still lead quite a normal life, working out etc.

my proportions are good too- nothing out of normal. i ll create a new account sometime to post my proportion to ask you guys sometime, so there is no bias ;)
159-181.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2021, 07:02:51 PM »

crazy dude, 3 months.

LL2022

« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2021, 12:17:00 AM »

Did you meet any of Buldu's other patients?did you see if LON tibias were common? It feels like most of his patients opt for LON femurs which seem like even more hellish xD
Currently 168,5 cm - Goal -> 4,5 cm - 5 cm Tibias in Turkey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up