Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting second LL(femurs) with Dr Buldu  (Read 13349 times)

fivetenneeded2016

Starting second LL(femurs) with Dr Buldu
« on: December 12, 2020, 03:37:29 PM »

Hi guys,
I am back again on this forum. I have recovered to a point where i can jog, workout and have my regular routine. I havent played sports or had a fast sprint, and I plan not too for another few years although my xrays taken early this year show that the bones have healed.

Xrays and scars.
http://imgur.com/a/RvJLRWe

Flashback: I did more than 8cm with atl under dr pili/catagni, therefore I wouldnt tell how much i lengthened exactly- as it might be risky otherwise, and i dont want to be an example of it. I was on ex-fix for around 16 months(which id quite good for how much i had lengthened, against the odds). My bones were quite quick in terms of regenerating, as I walked a lot. I went back to work(desk job) in about 2 weeks post op- which wasnt easy- too much swelling om the legs, less time on stretching. As a learninhg, I would spend more time stretching this time.

I walked 2 hours every day(from a month post op, except for the atl phase) till frame removal. Therefore sped up my consolidation to the point i could even mildly jog with frames at 11 month mark.

My "run forest, run" moment.
http://imgur.com/a/iTeFx6E

I can jump, but havent tried being explosive. I can stand on my toes too easily..I confirm these are not the side effects as people mention on this forum for ATL(when done right). Although I could say I got very slightly pronated feet which doesnt really bother at all, but may have an impact if I were to say run or sprint. I read it makes you susciptible to falling.?

I was one of the super short guys- close to 160cm initally. It made quite a difference in my life positively which lead to believe I could hit my full potential after my second LL.

I have booked my surgery with Dr Betz due in few months.

In the meanwhile I am here just jotting down questions that i plan to ask betz during our meeting. One of the interesting topics was about Reverse Planning to avoid axial deviation. Other was about the stability of betzbone- on which i would like to ask him about the improvements done over the years and the statistics of failure post that.

Please let me know other points that I could ask the doc for my inital consultation.

Why doc betz- planning 8+ again.(I would stop documenting my distraction post 8cm, to avoid being a bad example). Doc Pili is charging 52.5 for stryde, but I wanted more than 8cm, and he is also suggesting LON for 20k but I dont want an external this time(I have terrible scars from the tibias already lol)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 04:19:24 PM by fivetenneeded2016 »
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

small

• Visitor
Re: Starting second LL(femurs) with Dr Buldu
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 07:34:23 AM »

That's great to hear man, your run is looking decent. Best of luck on your second cll journey and keep us updated! :)

frenchie

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 07:52:35 AM »

Hi, good luck with your journey. But do research up on the lawsuits on Betz and his nail.

I wouldn't buy a car model which is soon to be discontinued or worse yet, the company is going to stop producing cars altogether.

Highest

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 10:16:45 AM »

Hi fiveten,

Did you need to have tendon lengthening or any other soft tissue releases for your tibias?

hanshi

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 12:52:10 PM »

Hi, you wrote you have booked your surgery with Betz in a few months but it seems you haven't met him yet for consultation. Is that correct?
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 01:55:52 PM »

Hi, you wrote you have booked your surgery with Betz in a few months but it seems you haven't met him yet for consultation. Is that correct?

Thats correct. I have booked it through Yvonne. My consultation and surgery is the same week.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 01:56:37 PM »

That's great to hear man, your run is looking decent. Best of luck on your second cll journey and keep us updated! :)
thanks man, it was around march 20190. I can jog faster without frames lol.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 01:57:19 PM »

Hi fiveten,

Did you need to have tendon lengthening or any other soft tissue releases for your tibias?

Yes if read my diary, I had ATL.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 02:00:28 PM »

Hi, good luck with your journey. But do research up on the lawsuits on Betz and his nail.

I wouldn't buy a car model which is soon to be discontinued or worse yet, the company is going to stop producing cars altogether.

Any link to the lawsuit?

I would just want to see one under 30 male with decent bone generation who hasent recovered under Dr Betz.

I wouldnt sell my stocks of a company thats going well(going by data) but is rumoured to be shut down(without data) :)
159-181.

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 04:36:35 PM »

Using betznail, a mechanical obsolete nail and lengthening mire than 8cm is not a wide decision imo.
Stryde is by far superior, offers easier lengthening and faster rehabilitation. 8 cm are enough but almost risky, more than that is most of the times a recipe for problems.
But you'll see if your body can handle it, my main concern is betznail which, like guichetnail, are craps compared to stryde, and also I don't trust Betz that much.
He let his patients lengthen as much as they want without caring about the problems that will have.
I remember Tall on the other site who lengthened 10cm on femurs with Betz and had permanent knee pains after that and all the doctors he went told him the reason was the excessive lengthening.

Anyway, I wish you luck and to think again about the nail and the doctor you are going to use.
Be sure that you know what you do.

hanshi

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 10:19:50 PM »

Thats correct. I have booked it through Yvonne. My consultation and surgery is the same week.
That's interesting. So do you plan to pay for the surgery before meeting Dr. Betz or can you wait with payment until after the consultation? Did you already get an invoice?
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 04:18:44 AM »

Using betznail, a mechanical obsolete nail and lengthening mire than 8cm is not a wide decision imo.
Stryde is by far superior, offers easier lengthening and faster rehabilitation. 8 cm are enough but almost risky, more than that is most of the times a recipe for problems.
But you'll see if your body can handle it, my main concern is betznail which, like guichetnail, are craps compared to stryde, and also I don't trust Betz that much.
He let his patients lengthen as much as they want without caring about the problems that will have.
I remember Tall on the other site who lengthened 10cm on femurs with Betz and had permanent knee pains after that and all the doctors he went told him the reason was the excessive lengthening.

Anyway, I wish you luck and to think again about the nail and the doctor you are going to use.
Be sure that you know what you do.

completely understand the risk of betzbone. But one of the reasons I have not paid for the surgery yet is because i would want to know if the newer versions are prone to the failures too..havent heard of failures in the newer diaries- tallertree/amar etc.

I also went through tall's diary from the old forum web archive. I dont see him mention he has permanent knee pain. He did mention it took him long to consolidate and hr recommended going against 10cm or 1mm/day. Could you please point me to where he complaiant about permanent knee pain?

Also I guess the pain might be there till you have your nails removed. I had knee pain too just few weeks before my frame removal, which disappeared post removal.

I would still do a bit of research about albizzia in this regard though :)

My second option is LON with dr Pili. LON for 8+cm.

That's interesting. So do you plan to pay for the surgery before meeting Dr. Betz or can you wait with payment until after the consultation? Did you already get an invoice?
I would pay 500€ for the consultation during my visit post whivh after clearning my doubts would i proceed for the surgery. The quote is 52,5k €
159-181.

Shadow91

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2020, 06:50:19 PM »

Im sorry mate for this, but i feel like i have to get it out. Be careful, betz is one of the worst LL docs out there. Not only is his nail crap, but the guy don't give two sh'ts about his patients. 8 cm on your tibias is already to much for tibias? And now you want to do 8 cm in your femurs?? Man you are asking to get crippled!! Please stop with this. And Pili should have a limit on tibias, that unethical POS! I know this is harsh, but i don't want you or anyone else here get hurt and used.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 07:20:43 PM by Shadow91 »

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 08:55:50 AM »

Today I start my femurs- with precise 2.

I would update you guys on how the surgery goes and also which mail they'd use- I think I might get the one 11.5(its not the regular size- 8, 10, 12 variants).

I saw through the pages and dairies of dr Buldu. Also spoke to the doctor and his couple of patients before arriving at this decision- things looked promising. Like in the past, I only go to doctors after going through their outcome stats.
Also considering the lockdown to end soon, I feel its a good time to do the surgery if I dont want to go to work with a crutch/wheelchair.

I am 58-59kg, so hopefully i can still crutch as before although I'd have to be very careful.
159-181.

V

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 09:16:21 AM »

Flashback: I did more than 8cm with atl under dr pili/catagni, therefore I wouldnt tell how much i lengthened exactly- as it might be risky otherwise, and i dont want to be an example of it.

I think I'm reading this wrong, did u just say had ur tibias lengthened by 8cm?

Tomhard

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 09:46:21 AM »

Today I start my femurs- with precise 2.

I would update you guys on how the surgery goes and also which mail they'd use- I think I might get the one 11.5(its not the regular size- 8, 10, 12 variants).

I saw through the pages and dairies of dr Buldu. Also spoke to the doctor and his couple of patients before arriving at this decision- things looked promising. Like in the past, I only go to doctors after going through their outcome stats.
Also considering the lockdown to end soon, I feel its a good time to do the surgery if I dont want to go to work with a crutch/wheelchair.

I am 58-59kg, so hopefully i can still crutch as before although I'd have to be very careful.

So you dont go with Betz right anymore right?

permanentlybanned

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2021, 09:53:39 AM »

Good luck man :) evolve my pokemon
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2021, 08:10:58 PM »

so, woke up a few hours ago. I am on a bit of a constant pain, subdued by painkillers duh! I think it would be there for a next 2 days max.
Tomorrow, the doc would help me walk.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2021, 08:27:16 PM »

Also, mods is it possibel we change the title of this thread. Rach time on a reply i need to change the title from betz to buldu.
159-181.

VeteranLL

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2021, 11:52:36 PM »

Whats ur lengthening goal?

Vibes

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 06:40:18 PM »

I guess this is a weird question because you are going for another surgery, but was your first surgery "worth it"? You might not be 100% satisfied but I assume you are at least 90% if you're going for a second surgery?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 06:44:42 PM »

I guess this is a weird question because you are going for another surgery, but was your first surgery "worth it"? You might not be 100% satisfied but I assume you are at least 90% if you're going for a second surgery?

I was somewhere around 160, which is why the second surgery :) my current height is still on the shorter side in europe.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 07:16:27 PM »

update:
surgery was good, there is mild pain..i was made to use the walker. unlike tibias, this time i have issues bending the knee. also pain at the oesteotomy sites and hip as expected.

also turned out i am given the 12.6mm precise 2...which can bear my weight completely.

However the nail looks a bit too thick for my bones.

http://imgur.com/a/sXOhnuw

Anyone recall if its normal? specially the left side of the left femur. also its perhaps due to the angle the xray was taken in.

Although my doc says its not an issue
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 07:44:51 PM by fivetenneeded2016 »
159-181.

Kal el

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 07:52:01 PM »

Good luck on ur journey😁..and how many cms r u contemplating to get out of this nail and wht is ur current height and goal height??

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2021, 11:24:23 AM »

@kal el - I cannot say my goal yet, not till I reach it atleast :)

I am a week post op. Unlike tibias- femurs is quite hard the first few weeks atleast specially with pain and mobility- as your hips/thighs are used almost everytime to get around. Perhaps coz this time I am on my own. This might be a factor too.

I am back home, and can confirm I can sit for 8-9 hours atleast. Hopefully would be able to be as productive as work pre-LL, in a couple more days. Hopefully I should be able to cook etc too by myself instead of ordering(economical and healthy too). Getting up and managing chores, walking has been easier from yesterday.

I am limiting to 2 painkillers before sleeping- paracetamol/codine(geralgin) and Metamizole(novalgine). But I think I mainly need medicine/supplement for sleeping as I sleep tight lol. Hope to drop off painkillers in the coming weeks- using just icepack/hotpack.

Although my nail can weight bear my body- 12.5 mm takes 68 kg, I 59-60kg, I still walk with the walker. But I would move to crutches atleast for moving around inside home, in a day or two.

Currently only worried about the large nail causing any trouble lol.(fingers crossed).

159-181.

VeteranLL

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2021, 11:30:59 AM »

Dont go over 8 cm.
You’ve already done so much on tibia. Height is not everything. You need to carr about your function too mate

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2021, 11:36:17 AM »

Dont go over 8 cm.
You’ve already done so much on tibia. Height is not everything. You need to carr about your function too mate

I would consider other doctors and my own doctor's advice should I want that. Besides I could stop much earlier too if I feel too much difficulties. Dont worry :)
159-181.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2021, 12:36:41 PM »

What's your current height man? I'd be worried for you attempting a second procedure at the limits of the lengthening amount(it could hinder your movements quite a bit).

VeteranLL

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2021, 12:48:15 PM »

I would consider other doctors and my own doctor's advice should I want that. Besides I could stop much earlier too if I feel too much difficulties. Dont worry :)

Its not wise to only consider doctors advice mate. You should consider listening to patients advice who had already done this procedure. They sometimes know better than doctors in terms of experienceing the whole procedure.
Every doctor will say that you can technically go over 8cm.
But its your choice mate. Wish you good luck.

wolanw

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2021, 01:41:32 PM »

You are great man. keep updating us. I am Chinese living in HK. if we can agree on the price i'll go to Buldu instead of Giotikas...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 02:17:17 PM by jolanw »

canterk

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2021, 02:49:05 PM »

hi fivetenneeded, not related to your next surgery but can you share some pictures of your scars from the first surgery? want to see how unnoticeable they are especially with leg hairs!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up