Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Femur lengthening - Jan/2021 w Dr. Koehne Strdye, Germany  (Read 19535 times)

TallerVL

• Visitor
Re: Femur lengthening - Jan/2021 w Dr. Koehne Strdye, Germany
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2021, 08:28:26 AM »

Hello! Hope u r doing well so far, I’m so happy for your progress. Lengthening phase is def hard :(
I live in Germany too, and I’m planning to do LL surgery by the end of this year. So I have some questions for u.

1. Where did u get your PT during lengthening phase? Beim Köhne? He provided PT training for free or with extra cost?
2. After the lengthening phase, do u plan on getting PT with private clinic, or your are just gonna train by yourself? If it’s the first one, did u contact with the insurance? Did they cover the cost of PT training?

Thank you in advance!

Erkan

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2021, 09:31:48 AM »

Hello! Hope u r doing well so far, I’m so happy for your progress. Lengthening phase is def hard :(
I live in Germany too, and I’m planning to do LL surgery by the end of this year. So I have some questions for u.

1. Where did u get your PT during lengthening phase? Beim Köhne? He provided PT training for free or with extra cost?
2. After the lengthening phase, do u plan on getting PT with private clinic, or your are just gonna train by yourself? If it’s the first one, did u contact with the insurance? Did they cover the cost of PT training?

Thank you in advance!

Hey hey,

Its getting better every day. Im now 12 days post Surgery and +7mm. the pain from the operation is slowly disappearing and now only the pain from stretching remains. However, it is not that bad if you stretch enough. You get PT at the hospital for the length of your stay. After getting home, you have to find a PT where you live and pay it yourself.

2. I will follow the instructions of Dr Köhne and PT. But as I see it now, I do think it will be necessary:p Im now in contact with the insurance and hope to get some money back!

TallerVL

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »

Hey hey,

Its getting better every day. Im now 12 days post Surgery and +7mm. the pain from the operation is slowly disappearing and now only the pain from stretching remains. However, it is not that bad if you stretch enough. You get PT at the hospital for the length of your stay. After getting home, you have to find a PT where you live and pay it yourself.

2. I will follow the instructions of Dr Köhne and PT. But as I see it now, I do think it will be necessary:p Im now in contact with the insurance and hope to get some money back!

Cool! Thank you for ur relply. Please do tell us about how it goes with the insurance, it would be a big help.

Erkan

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2021, 03:49:10 PM »

14 days post surgery
yesterday the seams were pulled and today i can take a shower again! this is how the legs look 14 days post surgery.
https://imgur.com/a/NvLhk70

Limbfan2020

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2021, 04:59:26 PM »

Great progress, dude! I envy you! How is your gait? Can youu walk without crutches?

Erkan

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2021, 06:48:18 PM »

Great progress, dude! I envy you! How is your gait? Can youu walk without crutches?

Thank you!
My gait with crutches got better. I still use them about 90% of the time.
I can walk unassisted but only if I have to get something a few steps away from me. My gait without crutches is weird and slow. Very penguin style. It gets also little painful sometimes.
Thats the reason I avoid it till I feel my legs are strong enough!
Best regards

Erkan

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2021, 02:54:59 PM »

X Ray 19 days post surgery (16mm distraction)
Everything is fine. Bone grow is good but Ive decided to slow down the distraction from 1,00mm to 0,75mm / day for the next two weeks because the pain got to annoying.
https://imgur.com/a/uN04rdt

Jamesy998

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2021, 03:13:26 PM »

X Ray 19 days post surgery (16mm distraction)
Everything is fine. Bone grow is good but Ive decided to slow down the distraction from 1,00mm to 0,75mm / day for the next two weeks because the pain got to annoying.
https://imgur.com/a/uN04rdt

Looks good. Pain for me went away around day 25 so maybe you could continue with 1mm but if you are in no rush then its grand to keep it at 0.75
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Jamesy998

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2021, 03:15:25 PM »

How often are you advised to get an x ray taken?

Erkan

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2021, 03:19:42 PM »

Looks good. Pain for me went away around day 25 so maybe you could continue with 1mm but if you are in no rush then its grand to keep it at 0.75

Thats good to hear!

Erkan

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2021, 03:21:28 PM »

How often are you advised to get an x ray taken?

In the beginning once a week, now its once every two weeks.

Jamesy998

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2021, 03:27:11 PM »

In the beginning once a week, now its once every two weeks.
Small intervals. I assume you will need them less and less as time goes by

Erkan

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2021, 03:38:57 PM »

Small intervals. I assume you will need them less and less as time goes by

Yes

Erkan

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2021, 08:10:55 AM »

Great progress.

Have you got any supplements or physio plans to optimise tissue growth and recovery?

Sry for the late answer. I take the following supplements:
- Orthomol tendo https://www.orthomol.com/en/products/locomotor-system/orthomol-tendo
- Glucosamin Chondroitin + MSM https://www.purecaps.net/produkte/glucosamin-chondroitin-msm
- vitamin d + k
- Calcium
- Magnesium
- OPC
- curcuma

I go once a week to PT and doing the exercises every day at home.

Erkan

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2021, 08:26:45 AM »

Cool! Thank you for ur relply. Please do tell us about how it goes with the insurance, it would be a big help.

Hey, my insurance pays 80% of the cost of physiotherapy. 10 units have currently been approved. I will certainly need more so I will have to do it again.

FSchez

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2021, 12:48:11 PM »

Hi Erkan!
We are almost in the same phase of the process. My surgery was on January 23rd, and I started to lengthen my legs 10 days later at a rate of 0.81 mm per day. According to my calculations I have elongated 2.1 cm, next Friday I have an X-ray. Yesterday at 15:30 was my last lengthening session before stopping ... I had to rest for a day because I had been in a lot of pain for 2 days. The doctor and the physiotherapist recommended that I stop and right now I feel much better. How about you rest at night? Can you sleep a whole night without waking up due to pain?

Erkan

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2021, 01:56:33 PM »

Hi Erkan!
We are almost in the same phase of the process. My surgery was on January 23rd, and I started to lengthen my legs 10 days later at a rate of 0.81 mm per day. According to my calculations I have elongated 2.1 cm, next Friday I have an X-ray. Yesterday at 15:30 was my last lengthening session before stopping ... I had to rest for a day because I had been in a lot of pain for 2 days. The doctor and the physiotherapist recommended that I stop and right now I feel much better. How about you rest at night? Can you sleep a whole night without waking up due to pain?

Hey Fschez, Im also at 2,05cm so we are pretty much the same. I was doing 1 mm/day till 15mm or so. But the pain was to much at night so after only sleeping 3 h or so we decided to slow down to 0,75mm/day. This is much better. I do still need my normal painkiller but I can sleep better. I still wake up every night at about 3 o clock am. Then I have to take a Tilidin (opioid) which let me sleep till 7:00 or 8:00 o clock in the morning. Before I ve slowed down from 1,00mm to 0,75mm I ve had to take 2-3 Tilidin to get through the night. I think its a good idea to take one or two days break if pain gets to high!

FSchez

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2021, 11:49:47 AM »

Hey Fschez, Im also at 2,05cm so we are pretty much the same. I was doing 1 mm/day till 15mm or so. But the pain was to much at night so after only sleeping 3 h or so we decided to slow down to 0,75mm/day. This is much better. I do still need my normal painkiller but I can sleep better. I still wake up every night at about 3 o clock am. Then I have to take a Tilidin (opioid) which let me sleep till 7:00 or 8:00 o clock in the morning. Before I ve slowed down from 1,00mm to 0,75mm I ve had to take 2-3 Tilidin to get through the night. I think its a good idea to take one or two days break if pain gets to high!
I think we are going through one of the worst phases and we both have almost the same pain that prevents us from resting at night ...
I take 2 pills of pain reliever just before going to bed, at 23:30 or so, and at 3:30 or 4:00 I wake up in pain and have to take tramadol with paracetamol, and I don't usually sleep fast again .. Since I stopped lengthening I feel much better. I spent about 30 hours without lengthening sesions, On Tuesday I just spent my day stretching hard 3 times sesions for a long time and the night from Tuesday to Wednesday. Tuesday afternoon I lengthened my legs again for one session at 8:30 p.m. and I was able to sleep without pain from 1:00 to 8:00.
It has been the best night so far, but today I slept again like the previous days. At the moment the pain during the day is bearable, I hope we could continue like this for a few more days without having to stop soon again.
Good luck friend and take care!! ;)

Erkan

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2021, 04:11:32 AM »

Hello everybody!
Its 30 day post surgery and +2,2cm. Today Ive got bad knee pain after my distraction in the evening. I could barely sleep a few hours. Do you have any suggestion what can help? Painkiller dont seem to work well for this kind of pain. Its gettin better when I stand up and move some time but as soon as I try to sleep it keeps coming back. Ill be glad for any suggestions!

V

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2021, 09:07:14 AM »

I guess the best thing to do would be to ask Dr. Koehne because he has all the insights about ur current situation and medical record. Good luck abi, kralsin.

VeteranLL

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2021, 11:08:55 AM »

Hey Erkan,

Did Dr. Köhne cut your IT-Band?

Erkan

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2021, 02:13:53 PM »

Hey Erkan,

Did Dr. Köhne cut your IT-Band?

I will see him in a few days, so I can ask him. Whats the opinion here should it be done?

VeteranLL

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2021, 02:57:34 PM »

I will see him in a few days, so I can ask him. Whats the opinion here should it be done?

If your goal is only max. 6cm then you wont need it. It band release is not really necessary, but many doctors do IT-Band release to have a faster recovery and avoiding side effects like Duckass,Widelegs.

Erkan

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2021, 01:44:56 PM »

If your goal is only max. 6cm then you wont need it. It band release is not really necessary, but many doctors do IT-Band release to have a faster recovery and avoiding side effects like Duckass,Widelegs.

Hello everyone!

today I had an appointment with dr köhne, Im 33days post surgery and at 26mm:). He explained, that he doesn't do an it-band release by default. Very few of his patients actually need a release. He explained to me why he does not do an it band release by default for every patient during the operation like some other doctors. his explanation was very detailed, but basically, in the long term, it is his opinion, that the patient gets along better only with physiotherapy if possible. if it is not enough, he will do an it band release, but in his experience this is only necessary in the rarest of cases.

VeteranLL

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2021, 01:51:29 PM »

Hello everyone!

today I had an appointment with dr köhne, Im 33days post surgery and at 26mm:). He explained, that he doesn't do an it-band release by default. Very few of his patients actually need a release. He explained to me why he does not do an it band release by default for every patient during the operation like some other doctors. his explanation was very detailed, but basically, in the long term, it is his opinion, that the patient gets along better only with physiotherapy if possible. if it is not enough, he will do an it band release, but in his experience this is only necessary in the rarest of cases.

Yes, I think Prof Betz doesn’t cut IT-Band either.

Erkan

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2021, 02:15:41 PM »

39 days post surgery (+30mm)
today i have reached halfway (30mm) my legs are getting stronger every day. I only need the crutches when I have to climb steps. They also get tighter so I have to counter work to not get wide legs.
I lie every day for several minutes with my legs tied together. This helps with wide legs. I will post a picture later.
I ve noticed recently, that my left nail vibrates sometimes during the distraction. Did anyone had this ?
https://imgur.com/a/ZojXhc3
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 02:45:21 PM by Erkan »

RB

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2021, 03:12:49 PM »

Nice man congrats on hitting 3cm!

Also thank you for the tip about about how to reduce wide legs. I will try it myself if I get hit with wide legs.

Are you feeling tightness in the IT band at all as you didn't have it released? Dr. Betz doesn't release it either so I'm wondering if not having it released has had an impact on you so far?

Wishing you best of luck in hitting your goal.

Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Erkan

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »

Here my gait as today. you can see how i dodge with my left leg because of the screwpain in the hip. I hope
This will get better!
https://imgur.com/a/SPPgkRz

Erkan

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2021, 03:16:04 PM »

Nice man congrats on hitting 3cm!

Also thank you for the tip about about how to reduce wide legs. I will try it myself if I get hit with wide legs.

Are you feeling tightness in the IT band at all as you didn't have it released? Dr. Betz doesn't release it either so I'm wondering if not having it released has had an impact on you so far?

Wishing you best of luck in hitting your goal.

Thank you!
I definitely feel tightness in the IT Bands but until now its manageable with stretching exercises!   

Erkan

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2021, 12:44:33 PM »

Hey just wanted to share this pillow with you. Its great for sleeping on your side during LL. Ive got it a few days ago and dont wanna miss it!
https://www.mediashop.tv/DE/dreamolino-leg-pillow/

Serilium

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2021, 02:57:16 PM »

Here my gait as today. you can see how i dodge with my left leg because of the screwpain in the hip. I hope
This will get better!
https://imgur.com/a/SPPgkRz

Walking with swag like a gangster...  8)

39 days post surgery (+30mm)
today i have reached halfway (30mm) my legs are getting stronger every day. I only need the crutches when I have to climb steps. They also get tighter so I have to counter work to not get wide legs.
I lie every day for several minutes with my legs tied together. This helps with wide legs. I will post a picture later.
I ve noticed recently, that my left nail vibrates sometimes during the distraction. Did anyone had this ?
https://imgur.com/a/ZojXhc3

Is it like clicking? Sometimes the nail clicks when it has heavy muscle resistance against lengthening. Make sure to check x-ray to see how much lengthening is done and if both sides match in case
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up