Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: what starting height range will make you benefit the most from this surgery  (Read 11411 times)

BelowTheMean

I have to agree with the OP for the most part. What are the true benefits of the surgery? (My post is from a U.S. point of view where the average height is 177cm.) Both shorter and average height guys will gain from this surgery but we can break down some components to see who benefits more.

-If a guy starting at 160cm goes to 167cm feels much better about himself afterwards, is he happier about his height than the guy starting at 167cm and wants to be 175cm? If so, then there is certainly a psychological aspect to the surgery and height dysphoria going away is probably not tied too closely to starting height. I'd say this is a wash for both groups.

-In terms of gaining physical stature/presence, whatever you want to call it.. I don't think there is going to be a real benefit unless you pass the 180cm mark. Obviously 170cm is not the same as 160cm, but neither height stands out in a crowd. So one point for the average/taller guys getting the surgery.

-For getting girls I think it's also a matter of passing a threshold. This one is in the same ballpark as the previous point. In online dating girls that filter on height are generally going to set their filters to even numbers like 180cm or 6'0", so if you're 165cm going to 172cm it's not going to help you pass that threshold, but going from 173cm to 180cm certainly could. So another point for the average/taller guys.

-Also, as others mentioned you'll get the biggest percentile point gain from LL when you are a bit below the average. Going from 5'5" to 5'8" you'll leapfrog over ~22% of guys. Going from 5'8" to 5'11" you'll leapfrog over ~42% of guys! Almost double the gain for the same 3 inch height increase. Another reason why average/taller guys get more benefit from LL.

So based on my points above, I think reaching or passing the average will actually yield more benefits than going from really short to just short. But that doesn't mean there are no benefits for really short guys to do it. If it makes you feel better and you think the loss of money and health is worth it then by all means go for it. I'm not certainly LL would take me over the average but I'm still considering it.

With that said, for guys over 175cm who want to do the surgery I would seriously consider moving the the U.S. (or Canada if you are more liberal) Contrary to the doomsday prophecies the mainstream media preaches, it's actually really good here if you have the skills to make a decent living. Some of the best opportunities are here for those who work both hard and smart. Besides, if you're doing the surgery you'll probably want to move anyway to avoid people you know finding out, so you might as well just move somewhere shorter and use the money you saved for surgery to improve yourself in other ways!
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Bruno Mars

Like having a boob job done ;D

To topic: I think the most benefiting starting height is between 160 and 165cm. Doing LL will bring you from "too short" to the range of "short".
Lol how could short be beneficial for you? 5'7 to 5'10 will make you from short to average and the whole point of this surgery is to get rid of height discrimination so I think that is 5'6-5'8 is indeed the best range for LL candidates.

Cheez

In other words, a 5'7-5'8 guy like myself ASSUMES he is screwed because the internet says I am. I can tell you for a fact that the internet is a big part of my height neurosis. I would guess others here are the same.

I can safely say that this is not the case for me. I am 41 years old already. And my feeling of being too small (I am 174.5 cm (around 5 feet 8.6 inches ) started way before the internet.

I never had problems finding pretty girls who wanted to be my girlfriend. I was having longer relationships with a japanese model and a german actress, both amazingly pretty (but also on the small side :D ). My current girlfriend is 1.79 tall, and also quite beautiful, imo. I may not be even possess average height, but I guess I am handsome enough and my social circle and status is quite okayish.

It's just that in this country where I am from, you are "that short guy" with 174.5 cm, and I am so tired of being this until the rest of my life.

I know that being 180cm would just solve all of this.

It's crazy if you look at what a short amount of length 5.5 or 6 cm actually is. But in your mind it's like a Mount Everest sized difference.

Bruno Mars

5'6-5'9.

Ronman

Re: what starting height range will make you benefit the most from this surgery
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2020, 04:55:35 AM »

I can't tell you that

But what I can probably tell you is the LEAST satisfying

That is going from 5'8 to 5'10, or even 5'9 to 5'11

I am 5'8 right now and I think it is not a good height to start with.

I would never take the risk to get more than 6cm. So basically 5'10 or 5'10.5 is what I can aim for.

Even at that height, you need to be exceptional at other things to have a good dating life

Might as well spend my time becoming exceptional as a 5'8 man, and save myself the money/time/risk etc

Kal el

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2020, 05:24:52 AM »

Bro is this some kind of a race to u🙄..do u even think before u write..i mean srsly..overtake most guys..whtever man🥴....most of the guys here are suffering from body dysmorphia tht's what they wanna fix..they wanna fix tht not play in race as urself..i think ur probably 177 to 183 tht's why ur answer is so biased....and i know my answer is not related to the topic but i think ppl shld be more serious abt this surgery definitely not a race thing....overtake most guys🥴..we are all here to feel normal not to overtake anyone.

Kal el

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2020, 05:41:50 AM »

Then ur a dumb bro....u can definitely lengthen to a safe femur limit of 8cm and be above 180.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2020, 08:39:41 AM »

5'5-5'8 ( 1m65-1m73)

precice strider

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2020, 05:51:59 PM »

-In terms of gaining physical stature/presence, whatever you want to call it.. I don't think there is going to be a real benefit unless you pass the 180cm mark. Obviously 170cm is not the same as 160cm, but neither height stands out in a crowd. So one point for the average/taller guys getting the surgery.

-For getting girls I think it's also a matter of passing a threshold. This one is in the same ballpark as the previous point. In online dating girls that filter on height are generally going to set their filters to even numbers like 180cm or 6'0", so if you're 165cm going to 172cm it's not going to help you pass that threshold, but going from 173cm to 180cm certainly could. So another point for the average/taller guys.

-Also, as others mentioned you'll get the biggest percentile point gain from LL when you are a bit below the average. Going from 5'5" to 5'8" you'll leapfrog over ~22% of guys. Going from 5'8" to 5'11" you'll leapfrog over ~42% of guys! Almost double the gain for the same 3 inch height increase. Another reason why average/taller guys get more benefit from LL.

Got a few points,

1. Pretty sure 160cm does stand out in a crowd of guys.
2. Most girls don't actually demand 6ft, most just want their husband/boyfriend to be taller than them, and height definitely adds, even if you never reach 180cm/6ft.
3. Sure 5'8" to 5'11" covers 42% of guys, but 5'5" to 5'8" probably covers an even higher percentage of girls. So you probably increased your dating pool by almost double if you were already attractive and likeable.
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

EmSon

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2020, 09:01:09 AM »

5'7" (170 cm) to 5'10" (178 cm)
Current Height:176 (night)
Goal Height: 185-186 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm (6'0.5")
Sitting height: 92 cm (51.98% SHR)

BelowTheMean

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2020, 02:48:09 PM »

Got a few points,

1. Pretty sure 160cm does stand out in a crowd of guys.
2. Most girls don't actually demand 6ft, most just want their husband/boyfriend to be taller than them, and height definitely adds, even if you never reach 180cm/6ft.
3. Sure 5'8" to 5'11" covers 42% of guys, but 5'5" to 5'8" probably covers an even higher percentage of girls. So you probably increased your dating pool by almost double if you were already attractive and likeable.

I wouldn't date most girls. I want to date the the ones who are pickier and have the right to be so.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up