Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Calic - External Tibias - Dr. Sarin - 2013 - My LL Experience  (Read 71749 times)

Toothless and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Goodnews

• Visitor
Re: Calic - External Tibias - Dr. Sarin - 2013 - My LL Experience
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »

That sort of infections sounds very serious. Do you if he' going to be okay? What country is he being treated in, to treat the infection? Pathetic that there's no mention of this on the other website.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 04:21:30 PM »

Well I hope the guy is ok.  :o

Is there any way for him to come here and tell his tale?  :)

Calic

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »

I am not sure of how or when the infection started. He is being treated in the US and should be okay.

He always had a strong dislike for old forum  and never wanted to post anything about his situation. I doubt he would have any interest in coming here and probably just wants to be done with anything related to LL and move on with his life.
Starting height: 171.5 cm
Lengthened 6.5 cm using LON with Dr. Sarin in 2013
Final height: 178 cm
Sitting height: 90 cm
Armspan: 180 cm

Adriano

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 01:13:30 AM »

So that was a mistake *during* the operation? I don't think infections can occur with internal methods after the operation.

I agree with you.

Like Sweden said, the guy was sick from the beginning. if i remeber right, he was not 100% healthy before he did his internal LL. I think he had issues from the external LL that he was also doing at the same time. I dont think he was the right patient for a nail that was  having its first reputation in the spot light.

Its hard to issolate the issues of the nail and the patient in this case.

Orlando

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 10:08:29 PM »

How are things going since your last update?  All the best!

Calic

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2013, 05:13:32 AM »

I am back home from the guest house, I came home about a week ago. The initial reaction from my parents and brother was that I was skinnier, they did not notice the height gain first. I have not left the house to meet anyone else I know yet so I will update on reactions from other people later.

The biggest obstacle for me right now is ankle pain and tightness of the shins like shin splints back when I ran track in high school. This only occurs after doing a significant amount of walking. When I wake up in the morning my feet are flat but I feel a lot of tightness for a few minutes but then I am normal. I can walk long distances without too much. I will post a video of me walking later.

Shockingly I measured my morning height at 179.7 cm (5'10.75") and my night time height before going to bed to be 177.2 cm (5'9.75") so my height goes down an inch throughout the day. I now weigh 68 kg (150 pounds).

X-rays were taken on October 25th, about 3 months after frame removal. I wanted to get a length estimate on the lateral view but was told my callus was too filled in to get an accurate measurement. I was curious to know the amount I lengthened but I was able to hit 5’10” so I am happy and it is not really important to me. I will just say I lengthened 6.5 cm because that is what Dr. Sarin told me before frame removal.

Some before and after photos:

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 05:35:29 AM »

The biggest obstacle for me right now is ankle pain and tightness of the shins like shin splints back when I ran track in high school. This only occurs after doing a significant amount of walking. When I wake up in the morning my feet are flat but I feel a lot of tightness for a few minutes but then I am normal. I can walk long distances without too much. I will post a video of me walking later.

Sounds like you're doing great!  All your symptoms are the same as I had but a little less severe.  I think you'll make an excellent recovery over the coming months/years.  Your legs look awesome too.  If anything they looked short before and now they look normal.

So, what is your opinion of "Bad Doctor" now that you're out of India and not supposedly being threatened by him anymore?   I hope this exposes Apotheosis aka SysOp's true motives for what he says about Dr. Sarin.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 05:40:30 AM by Medium Drink Of Water »

Calic

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2013, 05:49:53 AM »

Thanks, I feel like I will be making a swift recovery.

My opinion is that he genuinely cares for his patients and is fair about everything. He was always nice and respectful towards me. If I ever decide to do my femurs I will probably go back to him to have them done.

Adriano

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 08:53:18 AM »

You look so much better mate.

You legs before LL were way too short for ur upper body.

Madman

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »

Buddy you look great, the only thing you need to do is gain some muscles on your legs :) Besides that youre doing very well. :)

Blackhawk

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2013, 05:48:31 PM »

You look good Calic!

Thank you for updating us on your situation!

I read a lot of the Sarin diaries and if I was ready to do LL this year I would have been at the guesthouse with you guys.

Do you talk with the other guys from the guesthouse who had diaries on the other site?  It would be great to get an update on how they are doing.

I am glad to hear that you are doing well and hope you are enjoying the new height.

BH

krin0610

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2013, 02:52:00 AM »

Bingo buddy!!!

You look great dude, and as we know already since the guesthouse, your recovery is just going amazing!!!

As for me, I think I will get my frames off next week ... my last X-rays yesterday show 8.3 cm lengthening (after 3 months & 1 week of lengthening) but I will wait to get this confirmed by Dr Sarin before frames removal. My aim was between 7.5 - 8 cm - so if confirmed, this will be great. 

Best of luck buddy and keep us updated!

Sweden

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2013, 03:22:19 AM »

Well done.

I'm 7 months post frame removal and still have lots of difficulties in my ankles, X-legs and flexibility issues.

Great to see you're back home!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Blackhawk

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2013, 04:04:35 AM »

Sweden I don't think you have x-legs.

Did you read Craig49's diary?

He had x-legs.

Goodnews

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2013, 05:25:44 AM »

You look amazing. Congrats!

On another subject because I don't know where to post it-- this is to Sweden: Could you tell OldiebutGoodie about this site? I see that he can no longer post on the other site. I guess it's so corrupt over there, that he gives an accurate diary about Betz, he's cut off. It makes that site so false that it no longer has any value to read. OBG had a great diary, seems like a great guy, needs support, is sharing honestly with all of us and he's unable to log in from what you mentioned. Maybe he'd be willing to continue his diary on this site, if you let him know about this site. Hope your doing well Sweden.

Leonardo2013

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2013, 06:38:47 AM »

Calic, you look great. Any more height and I think you would've look out of proportion. Your legs now look long... By just looking at your pictures, if I were to just guess how many cms you lengthened, I would have to say 7 - 7.5cm. I've seen pictures of other people who have lengthened 6 - 6.5cm and their legs are not as long as yours. I hope your recovery goes well and enjoy your new height.

alps

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2013, 07:57:58 AM »

Bingo buddy!!!

You look great dude, and as we know already since the guesthouse, your recovery is just going amazing!!!

As for me, I think I will get my frames off next week ... my last X-rays yesterday show 8.3 cm lengthening (after 3 months & 1 week of lengthening) but I will wait to get this confirmed by Dr Sarin before frames removal. My aim was between 7.5 - 8 cm - so if confirmed, this will be great. 

Best of luck buddy and keep us updated!
Hey krin0610,
Can you please post a diary here? We would love to know about your experiences.

kinglee

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2013, 10:00:43 AM »

Calic, you look great. Any more height and I think you would've look out of proportion. Your legs now look long... By just looking at your pictures, if I were to just guess how many cms you lengthened, I would have to say 7 - 7.5cm. I've seen pictures of other people who have lengthened 6 - 6.5cm and their legs are not as long as yours. I hope your recovery goes well and enjoy your new height.
He looks good .i think his recovery is very good.

Calic

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 05:17:06 AM »

Do you talk with the other guys from the guesthouse who had diaries on the other site?  It would be great to get an update on how they are doing.

I have only been staying in touch with a couple of people since they have left the guest house and they are okay and should expect to recover well. I think most people just want to get on with their lives and or not be involved after all the old forum  stuff happened.

I am thinking less and less about doing a second LL. Personally, it looks to me like I am borderline out of proportion right now and an additional 4 cm may be just too much and not really be of much benefit anyway since I am currently 5'10". I might post some mock-ups and try wearing some lifts to simulate a 4 cm gain to see how I would feel and if I would be happy or not with how I look.

krin0610

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2013, 06:11:42 AM »

Hey krin0610,
Can you please post a diary here? We would love to know about your experiences.

Hey,

I would be very happy to answer questions & queries but not sure about starting a diary unfortunately - sorry.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2013, 04:57:25 PM »

On another subject because I don't know where to post it-- this is to Sweden: Could you tell OldiebutGoodie about this site? I see that he can no longer post on the other site. I guess it's so corrupt over there, that he gives an accurate diary about Betz, he's cut off. It makes that site so false that it no longer has any value to read. OBG had a great diary, seems like a great guy, needs support, is sharing honestly with all of us and he's unable to log in from what you mentioned. Maybe he'd be willing to continue his diary on this site, if you let him know about this site. Hope your doing well Sweden.

I know about this site and I come here frequently. I like it better than the old forum (you know why). For some miracle reasons I have access again to the old forum so I will continue my diary there because I started it there...

Sorry Calic, for hijacking your nice diary with this stuff which doesn´t belong here, I just felt like I had to quickly write this...
OBG

Doflamingo

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2013, 08:38:37 PM »

3 months for 6,5 cm.
That's slower than 1mm/day.
Please explain what made it so slow?

Calic

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2013, 03:48:40 AM »

I slowed down when I had some temporary aching pain in the mornings and pain in the pin sites. I also had a bad pin site infection and the doctor wanted me to stop for several days.

Here is my LL spreadsheet. I got a bit lazy at the end and stopped updating the pain level. I mostly only had pain while moving, doing physical therapy, and the pin site infections. I did not have any pain from the lengthening itself except for a couple of days in the middle.

Doflamingo

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2013, 10:08:30 PM »

How re you doing now :)?

Calic

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2013, 09:24:27 PM »

I feel I am improving with each passing day with less stiffness in the morning and less pain when walking a lot during the day. The area of numbness I had on my right ankle is gone and the twinges I sometimes felt in my toes when walking downstairs is gone too.

I decided to tell some of my extended family at Thanksgiving about my LL. This part of my family consists of good, caring, non-judgemental people so I was not too worried about a negative reaction. My uncle is 5’11”, aunt is 5’4”, one cousin is 5’8”, and the other cousin is 6’ and his wife 5’10”.

I asked if anyone noticed anything different about me – nobody picked up on it. They did say they noticed me being skinnier than normal but not taller. I asked the 5’8” cousin about him not noticing me being taller than him now and he said it was probably because it had been so long (11 months) since he saw me. When I stood up later and walked around everyone said I looked taller than they remember.

All of them were surprised by what I did and did not know LL existed. Each of them asked me questions which basically consisted of most of the questions in the FAQ on LL Forum and old forum . My response as to why I had LL done was that it was a dream of mine to be taller and I felt that it would improve my life and bring me happiness. My aunt responded saying everybody has something about themselves they do not like and they want to change and the idea behind LL is no different than any other cosmetic procedure.

I was asked if I had to buy new pants with a higher inseam and I told everyone yes I just bought new pants with a 32” inseam. I told them my legs were already long to begin with and now they were extra-long and showed my proportions (my shirt was tucked in and I was not wearing shoes) and everyone agreed I looked good.

I sat down at the table with my 6’ cousin who also wears a 32” inseam and he was definitely 5 or 6 cm taller than me sitting down which makes me feel like doing a 2nd LL would be a bad idea. I am thinking less and less of doing a 2nd LL.

LLL

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2013, 10:07:33 PM »

What a nice post-lengthening update. :) Sounds good. Keep it up!

Taller

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2013, 10:54:45 PM »

Hi Calic. Congrats on your successful LL! You really look awesome now, bad on your uploaded pics! 8) I'd never guess you even had LL. How many pins did you have in each leg total? Does 6.5CM seem like a big  difference? Awesome diary and videos btw. Very informative!

Calic

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2013, 11:24:28 PM »

Hi Calic. Congrats on your successful LL! You really look awesome now, bad on your uploaded pics! 8) I'd never guess you even had LL. How many pins did you have in each leg total? Does 6.5CM seem like a big  difference? Awesome diary and videos btw. Very informative!

I had 5 pins total on each leg that went straight through my leg. I was among the last of the patients to have the middle pins and I kind of wish I did not have them as the pin cutting scars are more noticeable on the middle of the tibia than the top or bottom. Also, other patients started having the half pin that only went partially in to their leg near the knee so they had no pin site at the back of their knee - this would have been really nice to have. When I had an infection in the pin site at the back of the knee my mobility went way down and it was very painful to move.

6.5 cm is a big difference - I see new things in my house since my eye level is a lot higher up and compared to my Dad and Mom I am a lot taller than them now instead of just slightly taller. I do not feel short anymore when going out in public, I truly feel I am average height now.

Sweden

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2013, 11:46:36 PM »

That's great to hear!!

Funny about the pants. All of my old pants still fit just like they did before. Maybe I lost too much muscles bc the ones that were tight still feel little loose.

So you had the guts to tell them. Good for you.

I wish I never said anything. So many people make fun out of my elephant story and all over Sweden wherever I go someone has heard it from someone.

Good to hear someone who can admit that those who are taller has taller sitting height instead of claiming they are "within proportions" after lengthening 20cm. It bugs the hell out of me how blind some people seem to be.

Next month you are so used to your new height that you barely remember what it felt like before.
My greatest memory was when I walked with Harry on crutches for the first time on toes and I was more than 2 heads taller than him!  :)
I almost bumped my head in to the upper edge of the door whole. Amazing feeling.

I'm impressed by your x-rays. I'm having new ones this Thursday. Hoping its as good as yours.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Calic

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 09:34:34 PM »

Funny about the pants. All of my old pants still fit just like they did before. Maybe I lost too much muscles bc the ones that were tight still feel little loose.

Good to hear someone who can admit that those who are taller has taller sitting height instead of claiming they are "within proportions" after lengthening 20cm. It bugs the hell out of me how blind some people seem to be.

My greatest memory was when I walked with Harry on crutches for the first time on toes and I was more than 2 heads taller than him!  :)

Sweden, what inseam do you wear? It is interesting you did 3 inches and do not need longer pants. I did 2.5 inches and my 30” inseam pants just barely cover my socks when I am in shoes, I need 32”s now.

My calf muscles are continuously getting larger just like yours, I am curious how big they will get. I am sure you saw craig49's calves when he visited the guesthouse? They were gigantic! I wonder if mine will get big like his.

I remember my first time standing up and moving around after frame removal. I felt tall since most other LL patients were equal or shorter than me and all of the Indian staff was a lot shorter than me. I was also at eye level with Dr. Sarin who I thought looked a lot taller than me before LL. Now that I am back in the US I feel pretty average now but I am a lot happier than I was before. I feel I am in a similar situation with you as far as proportions - I want another LL to be above average height but I know my torso will be really short compared to others at around 6'.

Sysop/Apotheosis proportions
I was not able to get a clear analysis of sysop's proportions when he visited my room for couple of minutes (I did not know he was Apotheosis at the time) but other people I spoke to in the guest house that he did visit with for awhile said he looked strange. Zero told me when he sat down his legs went way out and were crazy long. 7cmwithsarin thought his arms looked short and Captain America told me he thought his torso looked noticeably shorter than it should be when he was sitting across from him and his hands looked like they belonged to a stocky 5’7” guy and not a 6’3” guy. Captain America also pointed out he seemed to always make sure his shirt was hanging down like he was insecure of his porportions. Personally, I did not pick up on his arms being short or hands being small and I could not see his torso as he had his shirt out and was standing the whole time I saw him.

I remember reading some of the stuff posted by sysop/apotheosis that was just ridiculous like his thread "A Treatise On Torso Length" where he made a claim along the lines that he has seen 5'2" guys with a similar torso length as guys who were 6'3" and in his thread "Why Torso Length Doesn't Matter, But Arm Length Does" that your wingspan is really what limits how far you can lengthen. Torso length and width most definitely matters just as much as your wingspan. Even if your torso length is similar to someone who is taller, the taller person is probably wider and and proportionately larger overall.

Today I went to the dentist for a routine cleaning and I was sitting in the chair when he came in and he told me I looked taller. I don't think he saw me on the way in. His height is about 5'6" and he has been my dentist since I was a little kid. I am surprised he picked up on it immediately when my other family did not at all. I just gave him a puzzled look and and said "really?" and he dropped it.

Doflamingo

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2013, 10:12:17 PM »

Hi Calic; how was the circumstances in the guesthouse? Was it bad like the stories they've been telling us?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up