Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Calic - External Tibias - Dr. Sarin - 2013 - My LL Experience  (Read 71837 times)

Calic

Re: Calic - External Tibias - Dr. Sarin - 2013 - My LL Experience
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2013, 03:18:05 AM »

Hi Calic; how was the circumstances in the guesthouse? Was it bad like the stories they've been telling us?

I have read all of the Dr. Sarin diaries on old forum  and LL Forum and regularly spoke to the other patients while I was there and can confirm they are a fairly accurate depiction of what goes on at the guest house.

Everyone who had LL with Dr. Sarin had a unique experience. Some had a very difficult time and others like me had a very easy time which should be expected for any LL doctor. Not everyone will have a good experience with a good doctor or a bad experience with a bad doctor.

Overall, I would say Dr. Sarin does care for his patients and is skilled enough that nobody who goes to him will end up permanently crippled. I did feel the patient care there was rocky at times but nobody is careless enough to let anything life threatening happen to you.

I am still in contact with many of the patients I had LL with who’s condition was not great when leaving so I will need to wait and see how everything turns out for them but I do not think any of them will suffer from any permanent problems.
Starting height: 171.5 cm
Lengthened 6.5 cm using LON with Dr. Sarin in 2013
Final height: 178 cm
Sitting height: 90 cm
Armspan: 180 cm

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »

Thanks for that, Calic. I think there's a lot of anti-Sarin propaganda on these forums and it's difficult to distinguish the truth from the rubbish when new accounts appear from nowhere. They could be genuine patients or they could be Crazy+6 being the scumbag he is.

Doflamingo

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2013, 03:39:18 PM »

I calic, what about the hygiene and good in the guesthouse? Do they treat u well?

Calic

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »

I calic, what about the hygiene and good in the guesthouse? Do they treat u well?

Hygiene was good. Floors were swept and mopped daily, bed sheets were changed every couple of days, and you could call the caretakers to change your sheets or clean up any messes any time.

I assume you were asking about the food? It was good - most of it was some variation of chicken and rice and sometimes pasta. Fresh fruit, flavored yogurt, or a small chocolate bar was sometimes provided as well. The menu remained the same each week so it did get monotonous and definitely needed some variety and stuff added to it.

There were plenty of local places that you could order food from for free delivery although it was expensive, the same or more than US prices. Dominos and McDonalds were good and had the option of placing orders online. Pizza hut, dunkin donuts, and many other places were easy to order from and they spoke English.

The caretakers were always nice and did not intentionally cause any trouble with anyone. Sometimes they did lack some common sense with methods of cleaning or doing things which resulted in a couple of good laughs or frustration but they did not mean any harm.

Dr. Sarin and the managers were generally nice and respectful towards everyone but there were some incidents where they did not treat patients the best which you can read about in mmm_native's diary.

Doflamingo

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2013, 12:29:42 AM »

Yep, food :P.
Thanks btw!

Doflamingo

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2013, 12:42:47 AM »

Oh, how long has it been since the frames has been removed and are you able to walk (normal)?

Sweden

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2013, 01:54:48 AM »

Calic had frame removal in July.
My qualified guess would be that he is walking close to perfect by now.

------------

I just looked in my jeans I mostly wear. They are Hugo Boss 33/34 so 33 wide and 34 long.
They were too long from the beginning but just a little tight I remember. They were some kind of exclusive so I had to have them and I figured I was going to be taller so why not.
I usually wear 32/32.

Today the jeans are loose fit but get stuck on my huge calfs when I try to take them off. They are still too long so I need to fold them.
Not sure if that looks stupid(?)!

It's difficult to build back my huge thighs that made the jeans tight.
Today I pressed 100kg/250pounds in the leg press but it did hurt in my left knee after 4 tries.
If try more than 40kg/100pounds in the leg extension my patellar tendon hurt real bad. I'm thinking of trying to eat Tramadol one day and try to press myself to the maximum of what my muscles can take.

I had x-rays last week and my doctor(head orthopedic surgeon of Swedens orthopedic Center in Uppsala, so he has to fly across the country to see me) told me that as from 1 of January I am fully healed and only need PT to work on my flexibility in my ankles. So I was discharged from any follow up now.
He said my bones are around 95% fully healed and everything looks very good. It looks like one of the most successful leg lengthening he has seen.
He has mostly met patients from Ukraine (Dr Kutsenko probably) with disastrous outcome. They need several surgeries when they come back to Sweden and can never run ever again.
That's why he told me back in August I should be prepared to never be able to run ever again.

It's nice to know you did good at Dr Sarins place.
I could actually consider Dr Sarin for my femurs too if I decide to do it some day.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2013, 04:22:33 AM »

Hey i m not trying to be rude or something but i don't know what you guys see in Dr Sarin .
you guys were there at the guest house for a long time and you guys know what exactly happend .
i mean about the complications and sufferng but still you guys recommend Dr Sarin.
i m that mongoloid guy from india .
only you two are in favour of Dr Sarin out of all the other patients.
i mean i respect your opinion.
If you two guys are well and recovered dosen't mean he is a good doctor.
What about all the other patients who are still suffering like
the canadain guy who did cross lengthening
the australian guy who did 9 cm in 3 months with massive ballerina
and many other patients ... anyway i wrote what i felt is right .

Dr Sarin is not a good doctor at all , he has no moral , no ethics.
and most importantly he is no qualified to perform Limb lengthening surgery.
he is just doing it for the money .

Taller

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »

Hey Calic. I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you'd ever experienced any knee pain/stiffness for having nails inserted into your tibiae during LON. If so, how long did it take for the pain to go away, or do you still have it? Also, can you move your little toes now? If so, how long did it take for you to get motion back?

Thanks, and have a happy New Year!

Calic

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2014, 11:29:38 PM »

Hey Calic. I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you'd ever experienced any knee pain/stiffness for having nails inserted into your tibiae during LON. If so, how long did it take for the pain to go away, or do you still have it? Also, can you move your little toes now? If so, how long did it take for you to get motion back?

Thanks, and have a happy New Year!

I had pain and stiffness in the knees when my frames were on and a few months after removal. Now when I am sitting on my knees I feel pain in my left knee but it has been going away slowly. Aside from that I have not had any other knee pain. I can walk, squat, and kneel without knee pain.

Yes, I can move my toes well now. Immediately after frame removal I could move them better and within a few months I had full motion of my toes.

Calic

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2014, 11:36:58 PM »

i mean about the complications and sufferng but still you guys recommend Dr Sarin.

I would recommend Dr. Sarin only if there was no other way you could afford a more expensive doctor and one should expect satisfactory care there but not great care. I have definitely seen a lot of questionable things happen while I was there.

I would recommend going to Russia or China over India since those clinics are much more established and experienced.

olivetree

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2014, 03:06:33 AM »

Hi Calic!

New member here. Glad to know you had such a smooth LL journey. Congrats! I am actually flying to India next week to have surgery with Dr. Sarin. NOT LL, though. I'm having leg shortening, which expects to have very fewer complications than LL, as it just mimics healing of a simple broken bone. I'm only staying there for 6 weeks too which I'm really happy about.

I was wondering if there were any female patients at the guesthouse while you were there? (Sweden: was Taller2Smaller2013 a leg shorting patient?) I am a girl, and I haven't read any female patient diaries. Would you say the guesthouse is a safe place for a female patient? No creepy male caretakers? lol.
I don't plan on even leaving the guesthouse to go out in town, as India is not a safe place for women right now. So any thoughts or advice would really help my nerves ;D

I have to say I like this forum better than old forum . SysOp won't even make me a real member so I can PM Sarin patients because he thinks I want LL, even though I said I wasn't going for that.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2014, 03:42:38 AM »

There's a female patient at Sarin's there right now, and she hasn't complained of feeling unsafe.  They have her staying separate from the others, but she can still go see them if she wants.  Maybe you'll be put together with her.

Calic

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2014, 04:50:40 AM »

Hi Calic!
I was wondering if there were any female patients at the guesthouse while you were there? (Sweden: was Taller2Smaller2013 a leg shorting patient?) I am a girl, and I haven't read any female patient diaries. Would you say the guesthouse is a safe place for a female patient? No creepy male caretakers? lol.

There were 2 female patients at the guest house when I was there. There were no significant problems while they were there. I think the guest house is definitely a safe place for a female patient. The caretakers were nice and well behaved :)

olivetree

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2014, 07:52:54 AM »

There's a female patient at Sarin's there right now, and she hasn't complained of feeling unsafe.  They have her staying separate from the others, but she can still go see them if she wants.  Maybe you'll be put together with her.

There were 2 female patients at the guest house when I was there. There were no significant problems while they were there. I think the guest house is definitely a safe place for a female patient. The caretakers were nice and well behaved :)

Awesome! Good to know thanks guys :) I was praying I wouldn't be the first girl ever to be there haha. 

Sweden

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2014, 07:54:27 AM »

How tall are you now?

olivetree

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »

I'm touching 5'6". I know for some that might not be alot to whine about, but we all have our own unique issues.

alps

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2014, 08:28:55 PM »

I'm touching 5'6". I know for some that might not be alot to whine about, but we all have our own unique issues.
Wait, so you're getting leg shortening done for aesthetic reasons? 5'6" is such an awesome height for a woman. It's like *perfect* in my eyes.

alps

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2014, 08:30:01 PM »

Oh and olivetree, don't forget to look at mmn_native's diary/video about Dr. Sarin's place before you decide upon this.

olivetree

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2014, 06:19:59 AM »

Wait, so you're getting leg shortening done for aesthetic reasons? 5'6" is such an awesome height for a woman. It's like *perfect* in my eyes.

Well thank you. I know some girls would kill for my height, but honestly it's always made me uncomfortable. Height neurosis can happen to anyone. What's perfect for some is not for others. I think in a past life I was a tiny Japanese chick lol. I'm not doing that much tho. I could go into detail but i don't want to hijack Calic's diary. And I don't think people would be that interested in a crazy leg shortening girl ::) 
I have read mmm_native's diary. He's got a lot of stuff going on with him unlike me, and I'm staying there for a shorter time with a less complicated surgery so I'm not trying to worry too much.

Sweden

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2014, 06:26:46 AM »

I'm speechless.  :-X

I'll start a new thread later today regarding this insanity.

Calic: how are you doing?

Smallguy

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2014, 07:22:30 AM »

Well thank you. I know some girls would kill for my height, but honestly it's always made me uncomfortable. Height neurosis can happen to anyone. What's perfect for some is not for others. I think in a past life I was a tiny Japanese chick lol. I'm not doing that much tho. I could go into detail but i don't want to hijack Calic's diary. And I don't think people would be that interested in a crazy leg shortening girl ::) 
I have read mmm_native's diary. He's got a lot of stuff going on with him unlike me, and I'm staying there for a shorter time with a less complicated surgery so I'm not trying to worry too much.

You remind me of the sister at Sarin's guesthouse who also underwent height shortening surgery. Being tall wasn't her cup of tea. My room was on top of the house and every evening she would to come the roof to gaze out at the horizon. The image of her back still sticks to my mind. She was extremely unhappy. I was incapacitated at that time, but I wished I could tell her that she was already 100% lovely. Don't change. ><

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:44:39 AM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

olivetree

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »

Aw :') no one should have to change who they are. But safe to say everyone on these forums knows being your true self is harder than it seems.

Calic

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »

I could go into detail but i don't want to hijack Calic's diary. And I don't think people would be that interested in a crazy leg shortening girl ::)   

Please elaborate I would be very interested in hearing how you came to the decision to have leg shortening. I won't judge you :) Be careful though, the leg shortening girl and her brother on old forum  started a diary and got so much flak from everyone they had it removed.

Calic: how are you doing?

Doing well. I still feel a long way from how I was before LL but I am improving slowly.

I told a bunch more people about my LL. I went to visit an old friend and told some of his friends and people he knew about my LL. The typical response from everyone both short and tall is that it was cool but nobody really asked many questions about or seemed interested in it. I tried to talk to my friend who is 6'1" and his other friends who were tall as well about height discrimination and none of them understood - they were all blind to the social advantage their height gives them. There was one guy who was 5'10" that was very interested and excited about my LL and asked me a ton of questions. He quoted a few studies on height too - he was the only one who had any idea about the value of height in our society.

So far only 1 family member has noticed my height increase. My 93 year old aunt who I did not tell about my LL, she just looked at me and said "you seem taller".

It seems to me that most people do not really care about their height or the height of others. All of this makes me feel like I have something psychologically wrong with myself to think my lack of height had a negative effect on my life and had to resort to LL to change it. On old forum  I see a lot of people stating LL gave a huge boost to their self confidence. Personally, I do not feel any different about myself after LL. The only thing that is different is that I do not think about LL or height much anymore.

krin0610

• Visitor
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2014, 07:43:20 PM »

Personally, I do not feel any different about myself after LL. The only thing that is different is that I do not think about LL or height much anymore.

Not thinking about it itself is already a big change mate!

Keep it up and stay strong.

Tx

Calic

« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2014, 06:12:43 AM »

Not thinking about it itself is already a big change mate!

True, I have peace of mind knowing my height will never negatively effect anything in my life.

How are things at the guest house?

Smallguy

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2014, 07:11:08 AM »

It seems to me that most people do not really care about their height or the height of others. All of this makes me feel like I have something psychologically wrong with myself to think my lack of height had a negative effect on my life and had to resort to LL to change it. On old forum  I see a lot of people stating LL gave a huge boost to their self confidence. Personally, I do not feel any different about myself after LL. The only thing that is different is that I do not think about LL or height much anymore.

Hey Calic,

I'm glad that you are overcoming the superficial stigma that got us all obsess over this LL in the first place. Beside attracting girls, I don't see much advantage to being physically tall in this day and age. I think it's all about confident. I think being short really affects your psycho and that's it. And it's this psychology that cost us 4-6 months of our lives, lots of pain and suffering, 23k (including air ticket and other travel expense) and our health to go all the way to India for LL.

Actually, most short guys I know don't really care about their height. If you don't care about attracting girls, being short has its own advantage. When I watch a fight, I always root for the smaller guy. Being short is powerful in its own way because you are being seen as as underdog. And people always root for the underdog.

When I came back to work in July, I brought a case to the union against my manager because she was restricting my rights due to my disability. She thought about it for a week, and brought a list of things to charge against me. Even before the dispute, she personally told me that I acted angrily and that frightened her. WTF. She was trying to use the woman card.

Unfortunately for her, she was 5'11 and obese, over 400lb. And me, my sitting height as you know was only 58-59cm and I just came back from a starvation in India. She was towering over me, like David vs. Goliath. The union and the company sided with me and throw out her case. Within 1 month, I switched department.

Having said all this, I'm going through with my femur LL plan within 10 months. I'm happy to hear that you are recovering well and don't think about your height anymore... this is especially important since your legs are already really long. Keep us posted on your recovery!!

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

olivetree

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2014, 12:07:43 PM »

Please elaborate I would be very interested in hearing how you came to the decision to have leg shortening. I won't judge you :) Be careful though, the leg shortening girl and her brother on old forum  started a diary and got so much flak from everyone they had it removed.

Thank you for not judging me!:) You're the only person in the world lol. The only other person who knows is my ex, and he's a reason that drove me to it. I don't know about a diary, especially if that girl got shunned by everyone. I don't think people would be open minded..maybe even offended by the concept :/

I have another inquiry though. While at the guesthouse how do you go about taking a shower? Especially right after surgery with all the restricted mobility and weight bearing? Do you have to sit down? Can the frames get wet? My bad if this is a stupid or obvious question. I've just never seen anything in the diaries about the adventures of showering while leg lengthening. lol

krin0610

• Visitor
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »

True, I have peace of mind knowing my height will never negatively effect anything in my life.

How are things at the guest house?

Cool here dude, thanks! Since you left I think we had 5 more patients.

Calic

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2014, 12:35:10 PM »

I have another inquiry though. While at the guesthouse how do you go about taking a shower? Especially right after surgery with all the restricted mobility and weight bearing? Do you have to sit down? Can the frames get wet? My bad if this is a stupid or obvious question. I've just never seen anything in the diaries about the adventures of showering while leg lengthening. lol

Bring a chair into the shower area and sit on it with your legs on another chair going out of the shower and cover your legs with a towel. Then just wash your upper body and then request the caretakers later to wash your legs, feet, or hair.

Right after surgery it hurts quite a bit to move so you probably won't be motivated to take a shower for a week or two.

Not sure if it is good or bad to have the frames get wet. Everything that I read on old forum  said not to as it can increase the risk of infection. I don't think anybody who showered at the guest house let their frames get wet.

One thing I wish I had were no rinse bath wipes to use instead of taking showers.

A diary would be cool since I do not think there is any diary about leg shortening. I am interested in the process of it.

How much have you decided to shorten by? I assume the desired length of bone is removed all at once and then you bring all the bones together again? How does the soft tissue handle being compacted together, are there any potential issues with that? What is the rate of compression?

Calic

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2014, 01:37:48 PM »

I'm glad that you are overcoming the superficial stigma that got us all obsess over this LL in the first place. Beside attracting girls, I don't see much advantage to being physically tall in this day and age. I think it's all about confident. I think being short really affects your psycho and that's it. And it's this psychology that cost us 4-6 months of our lives, lots of pain and suffering, 23k (including air ticket and other travel expense) and our health to go all the way to India for LL.

Having said all this, I'm going through with my femur LL plan within 10 months. I'm happy to hear that you are recovering well and don't think about your height anymore... this is especially important since your legs are already really long. Keep us posted on your recovery!!

I agree that attractiveness towards girls is probably the area in life where height is most important and below a certain height you will face significant problems. Beyond that I think it is hard to judge how much our height actually effects our lives. It is only one piece of the puzzle and by itself it does not really do much for you.

On paper LL looked like a good decision for me after reading through all of the diaries and looking at all the studies that show below average height people being at a disadvantage but now that I am back home I am thinking to myself, okay what now? I feel like I just took a 6 month vacation and came home exactly how I left.

I think the main thing that bothered me was the idea that something out of my direct control could have a negative impact on my life and there was nothing besides LL that could change that. I am glad that I had LL done and when I am older I can look back on my life and be rest assured my height has not hindered me in any negative way.

Another minor reason I wanted LL was that a part of me wanted to endure the experience and challenge of it. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my time in India having my LL and would do it all over again if I had the chance.

A part of me is still thinking of doing a second LL but I am thinking less and less about it since I know my proportions probably cannot handle it. Once I am fully recovered I will do another set of mockups and try walking around in some elevator shoes to simulate a 4 cm gain and then put closure to the idea.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up