Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tightness pain vs. Post-surgical pain  (Read 739 times)

Stryde2021

Tightness pain vs. Post-surgical pain
« on: December 31, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »

Could some LL veteran help describe the difference?   At some point I assume the surgical-related pains disappear, but then as lengthening goes on the tightness pains will ramp up.  But how are they different?  And which is worse? 

Tartar

Re: Tightness pain vs. Post-surgical pain
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 02:57:29 AM »

Could some LL veteran help describe the difference?   At some point I assume the surgical-related pains disappear, but then as lengthening goes on the tightness pains will ramp up.  But how are they different?  And which is worse?
After surgery the pain is intense, you feel the heat in your swollen limbs
Distraction pain is not regalar, often changes, you feel how thigh and how difficult is extend your muscles and tendons because they are too short

InFullStryde

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 05:27:51 AM »

For me, the post-surgery pain resulting from the broken bones, cut-into muscles, and cut IT Band was the worst pain.  I had to be so gentle on my legs the first week or two because the pain was so sharp.  Lengthening pain for me wasn't too bad.  The hardest part about the lengthening was the mental part of things.   You begin to feel tighter and tighter and it can be a bit scary and nerve wrecking to see and feel yourself losing flexion in the joints; not to mention that when you're too tight you start to develop temporarily deformities like duck-ass and bent knees. Fortunately, this all goes away after lengthening, within the first 4-8 weeks.   
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

asian

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 10:44:21 AM »

Each person feels pain differently. Surgery-related pain lasts 2-3 weeks, your legs will be swollen like an elephant's legs. Lengthening-related pain depends on your flexibility and your stretching routine. Mainly from nerves and muscles. To deal with this type of pain, you can slow down the lengthening speed and stretch more. At this phase, you are racing against your soft tissue. I slowed down my lengthening speed from 1mm/day to 0.75mm/day after 5cm. Some people even stop lengthening for a few days. I haven't got any serious nerve pain or muscle contracture pain, only some discomfort in my legs during the night.
Femurs Stryde 8cm with Giotikas September 2020
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65588.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up