Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - LON Femurs Dr Halil Buldu  (Read 20978 times)

more

Re: Diary - LON Femurs Dr Halil Buldu
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2021, 05:38:57 PM »

Did you remove your device?

Jamesy998

« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2021, 12:01:37 AM »

I will stop the lengthening soon and remove after the 16th.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Jamesy998

« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2021, 10:58:41 PM »

14/03/2021

I have officially stopped lengthening, I am at 6.5cm. At the moment my ROM will do with some improvement and also get my right knee to straighten more. I feel my body can accommodate more lengthening but considering i am already completely satisfied with my height, I will stop here. My frame removal date is most likely going to be for the 26th, still yet to confirm and that will give me time i advance to give my legs a little break before doing another procedure which I am completely dreading although it will probably feel amazing to have these things off once and for all.

I had really bad knee pain last night which was not common at all considering I went a month with literally zero pain and now for it to hurt all of a sudden felt a bit strange but it is gone now and feels normal again. Although my ROM is bad I have no pain in the area and my walking is not too bad although I am not fully satisfied with my right leg. My right positions itself into an outward position and I have to put effort to actually make at more straight as I am trying my best not to lose the ability to walk the way I used to. I have many plans for the months to come so recovery is extremely important to me. I want to get walking as soon as possible so once these frames are off and the cooling off period of the surgery and surgical pain has passed I will be dedicating a lot of effort to physical therapy which should significantly boost my recovery period and improve my ROM. If anyone has done external femur can you please give me a bit of insight with the whole removal process, I am told by many that straight after the removal process the ROM gets even worse and cannot be improved for a certain period of time. Does anyone know why that is? has me very curious.

Travelling post frame removal : I am catious person by nature and also a pessimist which gives me a sense of paranoia reason being. Many patients report that the frame removal pain is the same as the pain we experience from the first initial surgery. Now, most patients have those post surgical pains for about 2 weeks but for me it went on for a minimum of 1 month which is where my paranoia comes in that the same pain will go on for another month after removal. If that pain is still present even at the end of the post month that would mean that I will want to stay in Turkey for a longer duration, not that I have a problem with that but just as a side note I thought that I would mention it. Although this could just be a thought as anything can happen and maybe I wont have pain as long as the first surgery where in that case I would be able to return home by the end of April which wold be great. I also had this obsession that I did not want to return unless I was able to walk properly but talking to so many patients the recovery period for walking seems to be all over the place, some people walk after 3 weeks removal and others take months. I am confident it will not take anything longer than 2 months and by month 4 I could start weight training my legs again as I have gotten skinny in the past month or two. I have basically forgotten the feeling of being "free" and without the frames. The time when walking around and even running was taken for granted, psyched to go back to all that. In 6 months I am also returning to my home country for the first time in 5 years which is amazing. There is a lot of things waiting for me so to speak that I have to be ready for so I cannot make any errors and mistakes that would lead to God forbid bad outcomes which was also another reason for stopping the lengthening a bit too early. I like to think that I have a pretty good intuition and my intuition told me to stop so thats what I am doing.

A word of advice for those who are reading this and considering to do LL, please just listen to your body. 1 extra centimetre does not mean anything in real life but to your body can be a disaster in the making. I can assure you that at a certain point in your lengthening phase you WILL reach a gain that will make you feel 100 percent comfortable at that height but the greed part will be telling you to do more. Do not give in and just stop, the people that have not have had all the  ty outcomes you can imagine. Remember why we all wanted to do this surgery in the first place, not to be tall but to feel normal.  :-*  8)

Unknown

« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2021, 01:15:59 AM »

Congrats! Good luck on your recovery! Please continue updating too as your experience is invaluable for people looking to do this!

Zion

« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2021, 01:25:16 AM »

Congrats man! 6.5cm is good enough and safety comes first. I cant wait to remove mine in a month. Best of lucks to you and please keep us updated!

Serilium

« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2021, 01:44:37 AM »

Totally respect your decision- as you say 2 inches and some more is more than enough to make you satisfied and not need to go for more. Height neurosis gone is the only thing that matters. I respect your mindset and think it is a winner's mindset. Cheers Jamesy

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2021, 02:45:06 AM »

I have officially stopped lengthening, I am at 6.5cm. At the moment my ROM will do with some improvement and also get my right knee to straighten more. I feel my body can accommodate more lengthening but considering i am already completely satisfied with my height, I will stop here.

Hello Jamesy998,

Congratulations on completing your distraction phase. To a perfect consolidation!
SNC
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

Jamesy998

« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2021, 06:19:09 PM »

Hello Jamesy998,

Congratulations on completing your distraction phase. To a perfect consolidation!
SNC

Cheers mate

Jamesy998

« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2021, 06:19:36 PM »

Totally respect your decision- as you say 2 inches and some more is more than enough to make you satisfied and not need to go for more. Height neurosis gone is the only thing that matters. I respect your mindset and think it is a winner's mindset. Cheers Jamesy

Yes, it makes the world of a difference. Thank you.

Jamesy998

« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2021, 06:20:11 PM »

Congrats man! 6.5cm is good enough and safety comes first. I cant wait to remove mine in a month. Best of lucks to you and please keep us updated!

Thanks man and best of luck for you also on your lengthening and recovery.

Jamesy998

« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2021, 06:20:32 PM »

Congrats! Good luck on your recovery! Please continue updating too as your experience is invaluable for people looking to do this!

Definitely will without a doubt, thank you.

RB

« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2021, 07:25:28 PM »

Well done mate! Happy for you. Wishing you all the best during consolidation.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Jamesy998

« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2021, 07:30:42 PM »

Well done mate! Happy for you. Wishing you all the best during consolidation.

Thank you, hope you also have a great recovery man!

BelowTheMean

« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2021, 07:49:42 PM »

Congrats on finishing distraction. 6.5cm is more than enough to feel a difference in height, and will allow for a much quicker recovery than 8cm. You can definitely feel the impact of every mm after 6.5cm
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Jamesy998

« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2021, 08:23:11 PM »

Congrats on finishing distraction. 6.5cm is more than enough to feel a difference in height, and will allow for a much quicker recovery than 8cm. You can definitely feel the impact of every mm after 6.5cm

Completely agree with you on that one. I think this is the best for my recovery without getting too greedy on my part. Just cant wait to get back out there again!

Unknown

« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2021, 10:08:14 AM »

James,

Do you think it's possible to do the surgery without hiring a helper? If not, how long would you need the helper for until you are able to function on your own physically? I'm going to be in my mid twenties soon, my parents are firmly against the surgery and would not provide help of any sort to discourage me from getting it. Other than being hospitalized for the first 7 days. I'm thinking of getting it done with Dong Hoon.

Jamesy998

« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2021, 02:09:33 PM »

James,

Do you think it's possible to do the surgery without hiring a helper? If not, how long would you need the helper for until you are able to function on your own physically? I'm going to be in my mid twenties soon, my parents are firmly against the surgery and would not provide help of any sort to discourage me from getting it. Other than being hospitalized for the first 7 days. I'm thinking of getting it done with Dong Hoon.

Sorry to hear you are lacking support on this one mate. I think a helper is a must at the beginning of the process as you will need help getting used to going to the bathroom and the basic things as such but after about the two week mark you should be able to do it on your own. Different for everyone else. Personally I had many fears of weightbearing, psychologically speaking I had a problem, not with the nail itself. Because of this it took me two months to gain confidence with the weight bearing and doing most things on my own. There are some people who get this surgery done with Dr. Buldu and they are independent right when they come out of hospital so I must say that it is indeed an individual experience.

There is also the topic of whether you are getting your tibias operated on or your femurs. From what I hear by the patients who have done both is that the tibias are more comfortable to do than the femurs so that might also factor into your decision. I would try and just have an emergency fund ready just in case you might need a helper for a longer period of time.

Unknown

« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2021, 10:31:55 AM »

Do you forsee yourself to be able to walk within 3 months without crutches? I saw a thread in one of the experiences that a patient still cant walk without walker after 6 months. Damm

Jamesy998

« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2021, 01:31:46 PM »

Do you forsee yourself to be able to walk within 3 months without crutches? I saw a thread in one of the experiences that a patient still cant walk without walker after 6 months. Damm

I will be able to walk after 3 months guarantee, I will have a mental breakdown if i cant.

Keynes

« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2021, 02:29:27 PM »

I will be able to walk after 3 months guarantee, I will have a mental breakdown if i cant.

hey man, stay positive. all is gonna go well. you have already won majority of the war. its time to be confident and strong. :)   
Starting Height (M/E) - 165/166cm
Ending Height - Approx. 171 cm (Gained a little over 5.5cm)
Surgery: 9 Feb 2021; Frames Removed: 10 May 2021
Current Status: In Consolidation Phase
Link to diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66225.0

more

« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2021, 03:11:47 PM »

hey man, stay positive. all is gonna go well. you have already won majority of the war. its time to be confident and strong. :)
Lengthening is only 25 % of LL Journey 75%  more to go, be positive and mentally strong. You will recover

more

« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2021, 03:34:15 PM »

Lengthening is only 25 % of LL Journey 75%  more to go, be positive and mentally strong. You will recover

Jamesy998

« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2021, 08:43:08 PM »

Cheers, I will try and give it my 100 percent as much as I can.

Unknown

« Reply #209 on: March 19, 2021, 03:21:10 AM »

Keep going on! Hope you recover soon! If you are alright with it maybe post a walking video progression? Your diary really motivates me!

fortycucks123

• Visitor
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2021, 03:14:13 PM »

WHat is the total cost of the procedure including accommodations, therapy, travel, etc ? Was an anticoagulant prescribed to mitigate risk of blood clots?

fortycucks123

• Visitor
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2021, 03:17:30 PM »

just read blood thinners prescribed happy to hear

Jamesy998

« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2021, 03:42:24 PM »

Keep going on! Hope you recover soon! If you are alright with it maybe post a walking video progression? Your diary really motivates me!

As soon as I am able to walk I will post the video, Just waiting on the frame removal now as it really restricts my movements.

kumbaya

« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2021, 10:40:39 PM »

Hi Jamesy,

I sent you an inbox, hope you see it.
Thanks

Ozoz

• Visitor
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2021, 05:46:42 PM »

How is your mobility my friend

Jamesy998

« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2021, 07:23:18 PM »

MY ROM is utter crap right now, just waiting for the fixator removal to get back into shape again

Ozoz

• Visitor
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2021, 08:58:26 PM »

Range Of Movement and Recovery Of Strength is crucial my friend
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up