Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - LON Femurs Dr Halil Buldu  (Read 20698 times)

Jamesy998

Re: Diary - LON Femurs Dr Halil Buldu
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2021, 03:56:49 PM »

Hi Jamesy998,

I am going to read your diary, but a quick glance tells me you are on the right track.

I believe athleticism is the key to a fast recovery. Hope you will reach your CLL goals soon.

SNC

Makes my day to hear some positive feedback, cheers man!
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Jamesy998

« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2021, 04:28:05 PM »

23/02/2021

Update - I am currently at 6CM. I have noticed stretching pain on the left pinsite by my knee which is normal in this case and glad it was not an infection. I have exactly 20 more days to go until my frame removal which is planned for the 16th of March, I have to say I am very nervous in a good way. The good thing is that this will be another step forward and this way I know I can no longer get any possible infections and the pinsite pains will no longer distract me away from my physio sessions. The past few days I have been taking it really easy, minimum walking but mostly stretching on the bed. My ROM is the same as before at about 75 degrees or so on my right leg and about 65 degrees on my left and that is only because of the pinsite pain that is present. I have recently been getting more than 10 hrs sleep which is amazing and I never feel too tired. Fixators have kind of grown on me but boy will i be happy to remove them.

I did honestly think that after 5cm was going to be extremely difficult but surprisingly enough I have zero pains, although this will not change my mind about sticking to my 8CM goal and not going a single millimetre above it. My back is significantly better. I think I did mention it previously in my updates that I had trouble sleeping because of it and I also could not stand straight 100 percent but now it has got significantly better for me. Hamstrings do feel tight of course but I can feel my body can take that extra 2cm that is left, if not then 7.5cm is also satisfactory. I do plan on staying in Turkey for a further 6 weeks post removal to gain my energy, flexibility and mobility back.

My next X-Ray will be done on surgery date and I will only be sharing them with those of you who are interested with a password in the future simply because I will not be giving any troll the pleasure of seeing my X-Rays or recovery.

Cheers,

Jamesey.

more

« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2021, 06:24:43 PM »

The biggest problem is that your ROM (range of motion)
SO there is two type of Range of motion
1. Active range of motion which means you can do yourself
2. Passive Range of motion which means someone (physio) helping you
so could you tell us 75° in right is active range of motion or passive?
Other concern is you are saying today you are 6cm and in next 20 day you will become 8 cm , with external frame or device this is not possible if you are doing 1mm/day

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2021, 07:27:40 PM »

Nice update, be well bro! Has the pain subsided to a bearable level since your first surgery?

Tomhard

« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2021, 07:31:21 PM »

Hey James, did your Dr. do IT-Band release?

Jamesy998

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »

Hey James, did your Dr. do IT-Band release?

I think he did yes

Jamesy998

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2021, 08:31:49 PM »

The biggest problem is that your ROM (range of motion)
SO there is two type of Range of motion
1. Active range of motion which means you can do yourself
2. Passive Range of motion which means someone (physio) helping you
so could you tell us 75° in right is active range of motion or passive?
Other concern is you are saying today you are 6cm and in next 20 day you will become 8 cm , with external frame or device this is not possible if you are doing 1mm/day

75 Degrees is my active range of motion and thats in a comfortable zone. If I try really hard then I can get about 85 degrees. I do not mind if it is even 7.5cm gained. David had the same ROM as me and now he has full ROM so that is not something that worries me.

Jamesy998

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2021, 08:33:01 PM »

Nice update, be well bro! Has the pain subsided to a bearable level since your first surgery?

Of course, muscle and nerve pain is almost 1/10 and skin stretching pain is 3/10. Skin stretching pain is only when you are moving a lot though and not at night time when you are still.

montahn

« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2021, 09:31:45 AM »

Of course, muscle and nerve pain is almost 1/10 and skin stretching pain is 3/10. Skin stretching pain is only when you are moving a lot though and not at night time when you are still.

Congratulation  :)

what is your goal height ?
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

Jamesy998

« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2021, 10:39:49 AM »

7.5-8cm

Jamesy998

« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2021, 02:04:35 PM »

28/02/2021

I thought I would give an update on my current situation and upcoming plans. I have decided that the 10th of march will be the last day that I lengthen which will give me 6 days prior to frame removal to rest and practice my knee bending and straightening and make my removal process and recovery run a little smoother. At that point I should be anywhere from170-172cm, I do not care for millimetres as it shows no significant real life difference, initially my plan was to be at least 170cm and anything past that would be a bonus. I have trouble at the moment straightening my right knee which should heal up with time after removal with some intense physiotherapy. My left leg is fine although the bending on my right knee is better by about 10 degrees. All in all I am happy that I am nearing to the end and it has been exhausting, for those of you who do the second surgery I admire your patience and strength honestly. My pain is only when trying to straighten my right knee and that is if I really push it but other than that I feel fine. Burning sensations slightly every now and again but that is to be expected no surprise there.

I am at a point where the lengthening process was so tiring that even though I no longer have an issue with my height, I am not exactly celebrating either, just happy that i don't have to think about this ever again in the future and I can finally move on with my life. I am looking forward to the recovery part as I like a challenge myself and although it is fairly obvious that I can no longer go back to 100 percent, I will do my best to achieve the highest level possible.

I am proud to be a part of this community honestly, the better part of it at least haha. No one without height neurosis could possibly imagine what we have to go through with this operation, the dedication and patience it takes and don't even get me started on the recovery process. I have had encouragement from many of you on these forums and I would like to thank each and every one of you for that.

At the moment I have forgotten the feeling of comfort so that is one thing I will gladly look forward too and hopefully achieve in the not too distant future.

There have been reports of post op pain after the removal which has honestly had me a little nervous but other than that I feel fine.

canterk

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2021, 03:25:28 PM »

just a little over a week to go for you and you're finally done lengthening. congratulations and please update us with your recovery afterwards. i hope you can post walking/gait vids after frame removal but i would understand if that's something you're not comfortable sharing with us. thanks for your diary!

Zion

« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2021, 03:41:28 PM »

Happy for you man. Glad we will kill our height neurosis with this and attain a normal height. Will you stay in cityloft hotel before leaving Turkey?

Kal el

« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2021, 04:43:04 PM »

28/02/2021

I thought I would give an update on my current situation and upcoming plans. I have decided that the 10th of march will be the last day that I lengthen which will give me 6 days prior to frame removal to rest and practice my knee bending and straightening and make my removal process and recovery run a little smoother. At that point I should be anywhere from170-172cm, I do not care for millimetres as it shows no significant real life difference, initially my plan was to be at least 170cm and anything past that would be a bonus. I have trouble at the moment straightening my right knee which should heal up with time after removal with some intense physiotherapy. My left leg is fine although the bending on my right knee is better by about 10 degrees. All in all I am happy that I am nearing to the end and it has been exhausting, for those of you who do the second surgery I admire your patience and strength honestly. My pain is only when trying to straighten my right knee and that is if I really push it but other than that I feel fine. Burning sensations slightly every now and again but that is to be expected no surprise there.

I am at a point where the lengthening process was so tiring that even though I no longer have an issue with my height, I am not exactly celebrating either, just happy that i don't have to think about this ever again in the future and I can finally move on with my life. I am looking forward to the recovery part as I like a challenge myself and although it is fairly obvious that I can no longer go back to 100 percent, I will do my best to achieve the highest level possible.

I am proud to be a part of this community honestly, the better part of it at least haha. No one without height neurosis could possibly imagine what we have to go through with this operation, the dedication and patience it takes and don't even get me started on the recovery process. I have had encouragement from many of you on these forums and I would like to thank each and every one of you for that.

At the moment I have forgotten the feeling of comfort so that is one thing I will gladly look forward too and hopefully achieve in the not too distant future.

There have been reports of post op pain after the removal which has honestly had me a little nervous but other than that I feel fine.
Congratulations jamsey on nearly clearing ur lengthening journey keep strong you got this....
Happy for you man. Glad we will kill our height neurosis with this and attain a normal height. Will you stay in cityloft hotel before leaving Turkey?
..do u have a diary in this forum zion??

Jamesy998

« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2021, 04:57:42 PM »

Thanks mate, not the hotel no but I will be staying at the rented apartment Im currently in until the end of April so it gives me 6 weeks to train and recover while I am here.

Jamesy998

« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2021, 04:59:27 PM »

just a little over a week to go for you and you're finally done lengthening. congratulations and please update us with your recovery afterwards. i hope you can post walking/gait vids after frame removal but i would understand if that's something you're not comfortable sharing with us. thanks for your diary!

Thanks Canterk, hope the best for you also. I will definitely keep everyone updated with the entire recovery process.

Zion

« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2021, 05:16:40 PM »

Congratulations jamsey on nearly clearing ur lengthening journey keep strong you got this......do u have a diary in this forum zion??

No man, i will however create a thread when i am done with this explaining all my experience. Ask me questions if you want though.

Vibes

« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2021, 06:37:09 PM »

Thanks for coming back to keep your diary updated even after removal!

Jamesy998

« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2021, 09:34:11 PM »

Thanks for coming back to keep your diary updated even after removal!

No problem mate!

Jamesy998

« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2021, 03:58:09 PM »

01/03/2021

I have made a decision to stop lengthening. I will lengthen another 5mm or so to put myself with a 6.5cm gain and at that point I will give myself 10 days to rest until my frame removal on the 15th of this month. Honestly, I have come a long way in regard to receiving information about LL while I have been lengthening, many including myself think thought it was a relatively normal procedure but this could not be further from the truth. During the lengthening face I have become more conservative day by day with my goals hence why i am stopping at 6.5cm as I think this amount is a good combination between safety and noticeable gains. Anything above 2 inches makes the world of a difference in real life. I will no longer be short but at the lower end of average which I am completely content with.

VeteranLL

« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2021, 12:54:13 PM »

You can push it to 7-7,5cm and still be in the safe zone. I did 7cm and i recovered fast and well.

Jamesy998

« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2021, 01:20:31 PM »

You can push it to 7-7,5cm and still be in the safe zone. I did 7cm and i recovered fast and well.

Since I am satisfied with my height right now, honestly I do not have the need anymore to lengthen more.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2021, 03:19:59 PM »

Since I am satisfied with my height right now, honestly I do not have the need anymore to lengthen more.

It's fine to just stop at this amount. It's a relatively conservative and decent gain, no point to further damage your body for any miniscule gain. Based on your experience, do you foresee yourself being at least 70% normal and pain free upon recovery? Chronic pain is the main concern I have on whether to proceed with this surgery.

Jamesy998

« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2021, 04:49:58 PM »

It's fine to just stop at this amount. It's a relatively conservative and decent gain, no point to further damage your body for any miniscule gain. Based on your experience, do you foresee yourself being at least 70% normal and pain free upon recovery? Chronic pain is the main concern I have on whether to proceed with this surgery.

At the moment it is hard to tell but I should be able to in about a month. I have done a conservative amount as you say which should not cause me any issues. I will try my best to recover fully is all I can say for now.

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2021, 02:04:50 AM »

I'm same height with you at begin but my tibia seem too short with femur so i did 6,5 in tibias , can you add my whatssap , I want to do femur , i want to talk

Zion

« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2021, 03:08:50 PM »

Hey James, any tip or anything to improve tightness in the hamstrings? I feel like the skin will tear apart   :( but weird I feel nothing in my right leg

Jamesy998

« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2021, 02:32:05 PM »

Hey James, any tip or anything to improve tightness in the hamstrings? I feel like the skin will tear apart   :( but weird I feel nothing in my right leg

I was the exact same man, everything you feel is natural. I had the skin tearing apart pain too and it was mostly on my left leg too.
Good training for that is to escalate the leg each day or a certain amount of time. Maybe on like a pillow or two.

Zion

« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2021, 10:48:40 PM »

I was the exact same man, everything you feel is natural. I had the skin tearing apart pain too and it was mostly on my left leg too.
Good training for that is to escalate the leg each day or a certain amount of time. Maybe on like a pillow or two.

So just rising the leg as much as possible? Up and down excercises? And how long did it take you for that pain to go away? Thanks in advance man

Jamesy998

« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2021, 01:18:07 AM »

Pain went away for me 1.5 months after the operation. After that you will occasionally get pin site pains, muscle pains, hamstring pains but no worries they all eventually subside. Some take longer than others. So as an example, I had a pin site infection on my left leg which lasted about 2 weeks or a little more, caused really bad pain if I moved my leg and it caused my knee bending on that side to get really bad and I am working on that at the moment. 2 weeks ago my right leg was extremely weak but now it is fine. There are tons of little annoying pains and minor problems that will arise during the lengthening but all it takes is a bit of patience and they will go away. Take note though, every time you get the pain ask the doc if it is normal. My trick is to annoy the former patients and the doc as much as possible just to be sure it is nothing serious, that is how I found out I had an infection early on instead of later when it would cause more problems down the line. Knee bending issues, knee straightening issues, leg weakness, nerve pains here and there, muscle pains, muscle spasms, they are all part of the process and it should not scare you.

canterk

« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2021, 03:12:43 PM »

Hey James would you mind sharing photos after frame removal? Interested to see how noticeable the scars will be.

Jamesy998

« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2021, 04:17:49 PM »

Hey James would you mind sharing photos after frame removal? Interested to see how noticeable the scars will be.

No problem, will do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up