Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did my height get stunted due to atavism?  (Read 492 times)

Astronomy

Did my height get stunted due to atavism?
« on: January 22, 2021, 07:55:13 AM »

I'm 163ish as same as my father in addition to my 158ish tall mother.It looks like I should grow up to 168-170cm but I failed.
I don't think that resulted from malnutrition and lack of execrise cuz it's universally acknowledged that genes determine offsprings' heights 70%+.
So I've nearly thought over and it occured to me that my paternal males are all below 165cm and females are all below 150cm and what's worse my paternal grandma is 145ish and my father's elder sister is below 140cm.
My maternal females are all around 160cm...alright...except the fact that my maternal grandma is 145ish and maternal grandpa is 165ish.Especially my mother's elder brother is 155cm and elder sister is 162-163cm as same as me.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Did my height get stunted due to atavism?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 07:58:02 AM »

yes it is genes mostly
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Siegfried

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 09:13:15 AM »

Your height seems normal when regarding your parents height. You most likely did not get stunted. Even if you did, it’s in the past, nothing you can change about it now.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Astronomy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 07:43:53 AM »

yes it is genes mostly
But I dunno why there are some ppl whose parents' heights are the same as mine but they've grown up to 175-180cm instead.

Astronomy

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 07:45:56 AM »

Your height seems normal when regarding your parents height. You most likely did not get stunted. Even if you did, it’s in the past, nothing you can change about it now.
Maybe I can use growth hormone if I'm not genetically short.

Kal el

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 02:27:00 PM »

Sorry to say..i don't really wanna gv out a pessimistic vibe but scientifically if ur over 18 thn ur done growing and even if u use hgh ur muscles may grow but there won't be any affect on ur bone structure so no vertical growth or height gain..LL is the only legitimate scientific..way to do it....btw regarding ur thoughts on how ppl of ur parents height get their childrean to 175-180..is coz of proper nutrition and genetic luck....my own maternal cuz is an example he is 176 but his parents height same as urs.

permanentlybanned

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 03:04:05 PM »

Growth hormone works even if you are genetical short (familial short stature). Definitely works for many children.

Regardless, kal el is correct. There is almost a 0% chance you are not done growing. The people that tend to grow past 17 are white, tall, not asians, unfortunately.

Genetics is weird. Plenty of same-sxx siblings with 3 inch differences. Growing up in same conditions. At the end of the day some kids inherit "more" of their moms side, some inherit more of their dads side. It is what it is, unfair sure, but nothing is fair or makes sense in life.
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up