Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WARNING re: Elevator Shoes / Shoe Lifts  (Read 1254 times)

Hercules

• Visitor
WARNING re: Elevator Shoes / Shoe Lifts
« on: July 14, 2021, 08:17:43 PM »

Hi,
I've worn elevator shoes for 30 years and believe this has caused a permanent ankle problem that makes it difficult to jog or walk for exercise purposes.  My elevator shoes add 3 inches of height, and I've noticed they have caused me to trip fairly often over the years.  I think tripping so many times has had a cumulative affect on one of my ankles and permanently injured it, now making it difficult for me to jog or walk for exercise purposes. FYI my elevator shoes do not provide ankle support. 

To avoid the ankle issue that I have experienced, here are some thoughts on what -might- help:

* Maybe only use elevator shoes that provide ankle support, such as boots, etc. (I have not tried this yet)
* Do not exercise with elevator shoes (including walks in residential areas with sidewalks - I still trip)
* Maybe try elevator shoes that add a small amount of height, perhaps they are more stable (less tripping)?  As I mentioned, my shoes add 3 inches of height, maybe that's too much
* Do not wear elevator shoes / shoe lifts

-Hercules

Worzezterlire

Re: WARNING re: Elevator Shoes / Shoe Lifts
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 10:49:59 PM »

They can also really tighten up and shorten the muscles in your calves with heavy wear.  I wore them for 6 months before surgery and even that was enough to notice the bad effects. 

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 11:48:16 AM »

Man I used this for years. My foot would be so swollen at times from the inconvenience but ayy “I seemed taller”

Those things are not comfortable at all, they’re too thin and frankly just the structure downright wasn’t even designed right. Hence why I chose LL.

I wore those in my ROShes on leg days as those were the only shoes I had that they managed to be comfortable in.
Meh.

-

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 03:08:51 PM »

It should be no different from women wearing high heels.

Growing

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 05:12:19 AM »

Hi,
I've worn elevator shoes for 30 years and believe this has caused a permanent ankle problem that makes it difficult to jog or walk for exercise purposes.  My elevator shoes add 3 inches of height, and I've noticed they have caused me to trip fairly often over the years.  I think tripping so many times has had a cumulative affect on one of my ankles and permanently injured it, now making it difficult for me to jog or walk for exercise purposes. FYI my elevator shoes do not provide ankle support. 

To avoid the ankle issue that I have experienced, here are some thoughts on what -might- help:

* Maybe only use elevator shoes that provide ankle support, such as boots, etc. (I have not tried this yet)
* Do not exercise with elevator shoes (including walks in residential areas with sidewalks - I still trip)
* Maybe try elevator shoes that add a small amount of height, perhaps they are more stable (less tripping)?  As I mentioned, my shoes add 3 inches of height, maybe that's too much
* Do not wear elevator shoes / shoe lifts

-Hercules

question. How did you handle relationships and using elevator shoes? How did you let the person you're with know you were wearing elevator shoes since the shoes have to come off eventually? Thats my main concern with them.

Growing

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 05:14:06 AM »

You have a point.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 01:02:51 PM »

I have seen really messed up feet on older women due to some of the women's "shoes" that are out there. :o

Worzezterlire

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 03:21:49 PM »

Women wear heels to make their butt look bigger and to make their legs look longer.  The height increase is more of the secondary result of it.  Men only wear insoles to look taller.

It’s something that should be socially accepted but it’s not, so be conservative with how much insole you do.  You can safely do 1in insole without getting calf muscle issues and without being discovered.

Growing

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 12:47:15 AM »

Women wear heels to make their butt look bigger and to make their legs look longer.  The height increase is more of the secondary result of it.  Men only wear insoles to look taller.

It’s something that should be socially accepted but it’s not, so be conservative with how much insole you do.  You can safely do 1in insole without getting calf muscle issues and without being discovered.

I think he said women do it because of the topic of of having ankle issues not the taboo of doing it. I think he means women wear heels (for decades) and their ankles etc are fine. So we should be fine too wearing lifts since it puts the foot at a similar angle.

zaozari

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2021, 10:50:00 AM »

I am worried about this. Generally I use heel elevators inside the shoe but only after I use them to build an entire insole (with several normal resistant insoles and the black, heel only "elevator shoe" glued. It was the name of the brand, the first o one pair lasted more than 15 years (!)  and only had to take care about hygiene. I moved them from shoes to shoes (I can choose allmost whatever shoes I like except sandals.

However, I had to limit height, otherwise the feet would come out of the shoe and it would be unbearable disconfortable, the feet would sometimes come off and it was a bit dangerous when climbing stairs, etc.  not to speak about possible problems similar to women who allways use high heels (even in the back). I had to limit it to one inch taller only.
So I thought about really "entire" elevator shoes, which are elevated apparently also in the front, so more healthy, practical and safe. But they seem in general very hughly.

What do you think? Do you prefer "entire" high shoes? Where do you find some more fashionable ones?

zaozari

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2021, 10:51:51 AM »

zaozari

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 05:03:57 PM »

I am using only 1 inch heel insole since 18 years ago and no problems. (I cannot insert those in normal shoes if they are more than 1 inch). How do you manage to use 3 inch lifts (are they "real" shoes?). Where do you find nice ones?
As I said, sometimes I use elevator ("whole") shoes and they are "taller" but even so, also less harmful because some (only some!) compensate the heel elevation in the other, front, part of the shoe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up