Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it really that bad to lose weight during LL?  (Read 554 times)

SpeedDialer

Is it really that bad to lose weight during LL?
« on: January 03, 2021, 05:17:33 PM »

I keep hearing people talk about how you should eat more to offset the weight loss during LL.

I don't understand- it seem like losing weight during LL is a bonus, like you get leg lengthening and you lose alot of body fat + have slimmer legs, isn't that all good?

How much body fat do you really need to retain? Shouldn't you go in skinny so the lengthening is less painful for your legs (less muscle/fat/soft tissue in your legs)?

And if you come in like 20 pound above your ideal weight, then isn't just letting the weight come off during LL a good thing?

Astronomy

Re: Is it really that bad to lose weight during LL?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 06:02:20 PM »

I dunno why someone exclaimed they would go skinny durinvg LL unless they finish LL in a desert or Syria.
Every hospital can offer enough food to patients for good recovery.Either I didnt see any ppl became skinny during LL.
And pay attention to the increasing rate of weight during LL:1kg/cm.
Thats why all of CLL surgeons are working hard on Precise weight bearing.
And I think as long as knowing very little abt LL if being overweighted he or she should in advance lose weight to be qualified to do this surgery isnt it?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 06:38:27 PM »

I keep hearing people talk about how you should eat more to offset the weight loss during LL.

I don't understand- it seem like losing weight during LL is a bonus, like you get leg lengthening and you lose alot of body fat + have slimmer legs, isn't that all good?

How much body fat do you really need to retain? Shouldn't you go in skinny so the lengthening is less painful for your legs (less muscle/fat/soft tissue in your legs)?

And if you come in like 20 pound above your ideal weight, then isn't just letting the weight come off during LL a good thing?

It's not just fat people are losing: it's muscle as well due to inactivity-driven atrophy.

It's good to get plenty of nutrients since your body needs to grow a lot of new tissue in a short amount of time.

But weight loss is pretty minor for most people, and the ones who do lose a lot are losing mostly fat.

Tartar

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 06:49:04 PM »

You need good amount of nutrients. Most of people lose weight during LL, someone more someone less, between muscle mass and fat.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 07:43:20 PM »

Do you think it is a bad idea or good idea to maybe not eat alot of calories but to eat alot of protein to attempt to maintain muscle? The fat loss part sounds good, the muscle loss not so much

I heard some very bad things about high protein diets esp high animal protein diets. Prof Sinclair in Harvard's lab researching antiaging trashes high protein diets, says that it ages people faster, made mice age faster in the lab, promotes all cell growth including cancer cells

But I'm not sure if high protein will actually stop the muscle loss if the problem is inactvity

Actually come to think of it, do you think that LL patients should get some kind of objects they can use in bed to exercise? Or is walking and stretching already brutal enough?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 10:11:27 PM »

Do you think it is a bad idea or good idea to maybe not eat alot of calories but to eat alot of protein to attempt to maintain muscle? The fat loss part sounds good, the muscle loss not so much

Bad idea.  Focus on LL during LL.

Actually come to think of it, do you think that LL patients should get some kind of objects they can use in bed to exercise? Or is walking and stretching already brutal enough?

I don't think it's good to put additional demands on the body during LL.

Vibes

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 02:39:48 AM »

It's not just fat people are losing: it's muscle as well due to inactivity-driven atrophy.

It's good to get plenty of nutrients since your body needs to grow a lot of new tissue in a short amount of time.

But weight loss is pretty minor for most people, and the ones who do lose a lot are losing mostly fat.

Would this be the same for patients who are very muscular before the surgery?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 04:40:07 AM »

If they're a bodybuilder with low body fat, then they wouldn't be losing mostly fat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up