Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What starting height plus 3 inches changes peoples perspective of the LLER most?  (Read 2610 times)

Gman23

Even 1inch can make a big difference let alone 3 inches...
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Serilium

In this thread:
2 sides of opinions

side A: Short men becoming not short and nearer to the mean ( 5'4 to 5'7 or 5'5 to 5'8 or 5'6 to 5'9)

side B: already average men becoming tall ( 5'8 to 5'11 or 5'9 to 6'0 etc)

My thoughts:
Both are obviously very strong quality of life improvements.

Side A is mainly escaping heightism from an objectively short/mistreated state and huge self-esteem/self-confidence boost.

Side B is becoming more attractive from a fine/average state and huge self-esteem boost as you enter the upper echelons of height.

One can argue, Side A started with immense personal dysphoria and poor societal treatment
Side B started with a personal neurosis

If we were to quantify the starting line and the finish line, Side A probably has more gain, as they start from a state of a massive dysphoria (think, a big negative number),
while Side B probably gained a good confidence boost but started from a state of more "neuroticism" (no one would call a 5'9 person 'short' in a country that averages 5'9) instead of active societal and culture inflicted dysphoria.

But in the end, BOTH have benefits to gain and improves each of their own lives. Curing the height neurosis. So it's mostly PERSONAL. A 5'9 dude on this forum probably has worse dysphoria than a 5'3 confident guy who holds himself well.

RB

Completely agree with Serilium. Both groups will benefit greatly but group A escapes genuine height discrimination and allows them to stop being defined by their height. I may be biased as my stating height was 5’4 but in my opinion a 3 inch gain from 5’4, 5’5 etc is incredibly life changing. I’m coming up on 2 inches in a bit over a week and I can already see the change. But above all both groups will be able to cure their height dysphoria through CLL which is amazing.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Future Skycraper

As a lot of users said here, it depends. Depends at which country you're in too. If the average height in your country is 5'10, going from 5'5 to 5'8 won't have the same effect as going from 5'7 to 5'10, as so from 5'10 to 6'1. I think the most difference it makes depends at the eye sight of the others, for example going from 5'9 to 6,0 or 5'8 to 5'11 will make a huge difference, because you were lower than their eyesight and now you're higher, does it makes sense? And also going from lower than their eyesight to the same level or from the same level to higher than their eyesight (which would be 5'7 to 5'10 and 5'10 to 6'1

MrJames

In this thread:
2 sides of opinions

side A: Short men becoming not short and nearer to the mean ( 5'4 to 5'7 or 5'5 to 5'8 or 5'6 to 5'9)

side B: already average men becoming tall ( 5'8 to 5'11 or 5'9 to 6'0 etc)

My thoughts:
Both are obviously very strong quality of life improvements.

Side A is mainly escaping heightism from an objectively short/mistreated state and huge self-esteem/self-confidence boost.

Side B is becoming more attractive from a fine/average state and huge self-esteem boost as you enter the upper echelons of height.

One can argue, Side A started with immense personal dysphoria and poor societal treatment
Side B started with a personal neurosis

If we were to quantify the starting line and the finish line, Side A probably has more gain, as they start from a state of a massive dysphoria (think, a big negative number),
while Side B probably gained a good confidence boost but started from a state of more "neuroticism" (no one would call a 5'9 person 'short' in a country that averages 5'9) instead of active societal and culture inflicted dysphoria.

But in the end, BOTH have benefits to gain and improves each of their own lives. Curing the height neurosis. So it's mostly PERSONAL. A 5'9 dude on this forum probably has worse dysphoria than a 5'3 confident guy who holds himself well.

I agree too.

The self-confidence effects will be great in both.
As friends say, this country depends on the average height.

I think the main cause of depressive people is any size below average height.

The example is very simple:
That short guy / girl.

A specific definition for you. If someone told you this, you'd be upset.

short: weaker than himself, lower level etc.

Nobody wants discrimination in society.

This has nothing to do with intelligence.
You cannot know the intelligence of someone you do not know, but you evaluate it according to their physical characteristics.

Height is an expression of power in every society.
Nobody wants to fight anyone taller than themselves, but if it's short, anything can happen. (short weaker than me)

Even 1.60 women want 1.85 or taller.
I am short, but someone taller chose me. It gives him a special pleasure. Increases self-confidence.

etc. etc.

a

• 5'9

5'7 or 5'5.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

L8GrowthSpurt

Hard to answer for sure, but I’ve always thought my starting height (171 - 171.5 cm), plus 8 cm through CLL would make the most difference.  From bottom 25% in male height (US) to top 1/3 in male height (US).  That’s a huge jump!
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm

Agreed. I think the jump from below to above average will make the most personal impact.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

BelowTheMean

ITT: everyone listing their own starting height.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Serilium

ITT: everyone listing their own starting height.

Self-confirmation bias confirmed 😂

FormerKidd

Having done this twice, in my experience the jump from below-average to average (meaning 5'8 - 5'9) really seemed to affect things, but the jump from average to a bit above average... not a huge difference.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:08:47 PM by FormerKidd »

Body Builder

1.67 to 1.75 (5.6 to 5.9).
From being short to have a respectable height.
5.5 to 5.8 and 5.7 to 5.10 are also a crucial change.

3 inches don't play a so significant role to any other initial height except from these. Period.

Worzezterlire

5’6 is short enough that girls will reject you for it often enough to hurt, 5’9 means it’s really all about everything else since you can be very successful at that height.  I am at that height!

I think even 5’3 to 5’6 is worth it big time.  You’ll be short after but 5’6 isn’t “butt of jokes” short.  People are cruel to those under 5’6 and I’ve known a few.

Serilium

5’6 is short enough that girls will reject you for it often enough to hurt, 5’9 means it’s really all about everything else since you can be very successful at that height.  I am at that height!

I think even 5’3 to 5’6 is worth it big time.  You’ll be short after but 5’6 isn’t “butt of jokes” short.  People are cruel to those under 5’6 and I’ve known a few.

Appreciate the unbiased opinion bro, not just using your current height to answer the question ... it's good that you're cognizant that your current height is already great and that your height neurosis stems from something else... if you were to have LL I'd bet you'd be one of those people who immensely benefit and get the most out of it afterwards. Sorta like TheAlchemist. Cheers man. Good luck if you are doing LL (peeped ur post history, looks like you will?)

AllinStryde

Whatever your starting height is...adding 3 inches will change you big-time.  I won't ever be 6', and I'm all good with that, but when I had this done, I went from just over 5'5" to 5'8" and it feels amazing.  So whatever height you begin with, that extra added on is going to feel amazing.  I am now on the shorter side of average, but before...I was the shortest guy in the room.  Every room.  And to quote Akash from the movie Short and Male..."I may have gained 2 inches, but I FEEL a foot taller." 

Worzezterlire

Appreciate the unbiased opinion bro, not just using your current height to answer the question ... it's good that you're cognizant that your current height is already great and that your height neurosis stems from something else... if you were to have LL I'd bet you'd be one of those people who immensely benefit and get the most out of it afterwards. Sorta like TheAlchemist. Cheers man. Good luck if you are doing LL (peeped ur post history, looks like you will?)

Thanks man!  As I mentioned in our PMs, yeah, having surgery in just over a month.  My reasons are more of neurosis caused by cruel ex girlfriends and family members.  I date just fine at my height, I just want the confidence of being 6 feet tall like the rest of my family.  I had another surgery that was cosmetic (facial) earlier this year (hope this doesn’t make me look less reasonable, lol) and fixed my only other insecurity, that I had too small of a chin.  Most people don’t notice a gigantic difference afterwards, but I feel like a million bucks already.

I’d say my neurosis is very closeted and I’m largely a very extroverted, funny, friendly person that can make friends or dates fairly easily on personality.  While I wish I was born with a square jaw and 6’+ stature, I think I’ll come out on the other side a more interesting person for having to live over two decades with insecurities and overcoming them mentally and physically.  It also led me to focus on my career very early on, which made me extremely successful in my career such that I can afford this before my mid 20s.

I was an awkward kid and teenager and learned to be extremely funny to work around that and become a popular person.  I’m hoping this fall or winter once my height surgery is behind me that I can finally find the drive to actively pursue public comedy and/or acting to put my personality to use.

Bit of a roundabout there, but that’s my general story :) I wish I didn’t have the neurosis because there’s nothing wrong with my natural height, but I definitely didn’t choose to be neurotic!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up