Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Medical advances in CLL in the next 10 years  (Read 783 times)

sakmadik

• Visitor
Medical advances in CLL in the next 10 years
« on: January 09, 2021, 07:08:46 PM »

You have read and / not, seen some advance in CLL in the coming years that may change something in terms of recovery .. New techniques .. Risk reduction of the operation?

Body Builder

Re: Medical advances in CLL in the next 10 years
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 08:02:00 PM »

You have read and / not, seen some advance in CLL in the coming years that may change something in terms of recovery .. New techniques .. Risk reduction of the operation?
We are not even close to any new major adnancement.
All LLers in the past wished for a fully weight bearing internal magnetic nail and now we have it.
That was the biggest LL advancement after Ilizarov fixator in late 50s.
Personally I don't believe that any major change will come not only for the next 10 years for many more.
But we'll see.

sakmadik

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 08:32:02 PM »

We are not even close to any new major adnancement.
All LLers in the past wished for a fully weight bearing internal magnetic nail and now we have it.
That was the biggest LL advancement after Ilizarov fixator in late 50s.
Personally I don't believe that any major change will come not only for the next 10 years for many more.
But we'll see.

Thanks for the reply. As I have read, there are already doctors who use stem cell techniques to stimulate bone formation after the operation, even for children A doctor in Spain, Dr. Javier Downey, has used the Precice nail in a way that does not affect the epiphyseal plates in adolescents, seeing that type of news seems to me great advances. Even if a new type of intramedullary nail or another technique does not come out.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 08:33:51 PM »

Next thing would probably be a fully weightbearing for adults Precice Plate. Precice Plate is essentially an external fixator that goes inside the skin but still outside the bone and lengthens magnetically. Currently it is only for kids to not affect their growth plates and still allow internal device without needing externals. This is still pretty traumatic surgery as you still break the bone and a metal device rubbing against the muscle may inflict even more pain. Good for doing tibias without reaming the bone through the knee which may cause knee damage.

Later on there may be an implantable growth plate that still requires osteotomy
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up