Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Paley used to reccommend safe limit in tibias as 6.5cm  (Read 2609 times)

Siegfried

Re: Dr Paley used to reccommend safe limit in tibias as 6.5cm
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2021, 08:37:43 PM »

Most German surgeons I have spoken with don’t recommend going over 6,5cm on femurs.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2021, 09:24:16 AM »

"May 2021: 170cm (evening) > September 2021: 180cm"

You hit 10 cm w/ Betz?

Yes
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 03:24:41 PM »

The maximum length of up to  8 cms is a legal advertisement, so when a surgeon tells you that, he is not lying nor telling you the truth. this is like when you going to a shopping mall and you see an offer of discounts up to 80%, it is not mean that all customers can benefit the 80% discount of all the products, it is just mean you might get 40% 50%  60 % or theatrically you might get up to 80% for some products  (cases ) but this not applies for all the customers or all of them ends up with  80% discounts.
 it is the same scenario that happens after your legs cuts :).

Mostly you won't benefit from the 80% discounts or the  8 cms lengthening, and officially surgeon does not promise you especially that you could reach 8 cms, the advertisement claim that you could reach  up to 8 cms safely,  otherwise you will not reach it for your safety.  I just realize this with my case after my femur breaking and I end up with 4 cms only due to poor bone healing, and when I reviewed my surgeon cases, he never reaches 8 cms in any single case, so guys you have to put this into account.
 If a  claimed 8 cms lengthening does not exceed the safe limit ( 20% the original bone length, it would  ruin your proportions.

Body Builder

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2021, 03:38:23 PM »

Most German surgeons I have spoken with don’t recommend going over 6,5cm on femurs.
Betz have no limit even if they will cripple his patient.

The veteran called "Tall" did 11cm in femurs with Betz and ended up about 1.85 cm (so he clearly didn't need a so huge and risky length) and after a few years he ended up with major knee pain and ended up doing another LL of 5 -6 on tibias with another doctor to have again a normal femur-tibia ratio and his knee pain become better.
All these were never mentioned from Betz who doesn't even do itb release to his patients.

Good luck to anyone going to him and don't have the common sense to stop at max at 8cm on femurs.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2021, 03:39:44 PM »

I'm dying for his Option 3 which can obtain me 16cm growth cuz I'm too fking short and without 16cm I can't continue my life at all.

He is my sole savior and shrinks or psychiatric medications are all bs and they are not handling my problems!

Let's say fk to those positive fake moralizations and our ancient ancestors were lessons that as long as you are annoyed with

certain problems,just give all fking shots to solve them or you're just disguising you are rejoicing.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2021, 03:43:30 PM »

The veteran called "Tall" did 11cm in femurs with Betz and ended up about 1.85 cm (so he clearly didn't need a so huge and risky length) and after a few years he ended up with major knee pain and ended up doing another LL of 5 -6 on tibias with another doctor to have again a normal femur-tibia ratio and his knee pain become better.
All these were never mentioned from Betz who doesn't even do itb release to his patients.

Good luck to anyone going to him and don't have the common sense to stop at max at 8cm on femurs.
Betz I think is kinda resembling Biden who has got senile dementia and psychological blocks,acting like a nonsense of relinguishing patients to lengthen beyond 11cm per segment and I think Germany's philosophy concerning rigorousness and cordialness is being tarnished by solely him.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2021, 08:45:58 AM »

Knee pain from LL is not a result of high femur-tibia ratio, but almost always a weak glute, causing the ITB to pull on the knee. This is the same mechanic that causes knee pain for atheletes. I have had bouts of similar pain, but it almost always fixes itself after extensive stretching. I'm almost certain that doing the tibia isn't what fixed him.

Plus, the 8cm is a universal average. Betz only advertises 10cm+ to younger patients. Older patients have difficulties to recover from even 7cm. What you'll see from the diaries is that those who complain about long-lasting complications are always older individuals, who have trouble recovering, lead less active lives and experienced little tangible benefit from the additional length.

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2021, 05:28:38 PM »

Is the extensive stretching something you'll have to do everyday for the rest of your life?

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2021, 06:46:36 PM »

Is the extensive stretching something you'll have to do everyday for the rest of your life?

Extensive probably just for 3 months after lengthening ends. General stretching you should do for the rest of your life.

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2021, 12:02:36 AM »

Gotcha, the general stretching just for maintaining flexibility as you age, or specifically due to LL?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up