Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Some Guidance  (Read 413 times)

SmallWorld

• Visitor
Need Some Guidance
« on: January 14, 2021, 08:25:24 PM »

I plain on reading up on it more, but can I get pointed in the right direction from the get go? I do not want to waste time researching info that's not relevant to me.

I'm currently almost 5'5" (164 cm) and 40 years old. I really want to get this done. Been thinking about it for years, but I never had the money. My question is, what are the top most affordable and safest place to get this done? I hear Russia is the place to go, but I'm not sure. I have $10,000 USD saved up so far, how much more will I theoretically need to save up?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Need Some Guidance
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 08:55:57 PM »

I recommend you start with the doctors directory on this site.  That will quickly let you filter out doctors who aren't options for you due to your budget.  Anyone in the U.S. or western Europe will be too expensive.

That will help you narrow down your research considerably.

Activatedxx

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 11:23:05 PM »

I plain on reading up on it more, but can I get pointed in the right direction from the get go? I do not want to waste time researching info that's not relevant to me.

I'm currently almost 5'5" (164 cm) and 40 years old. I really want to get this done. Been thinking about it for years, but I never had the money. My question is, what are the top most affordable and safest place to get this done? I hear Russia is the place to go, but I'm not sure. I have $10,000 USD saved up so far, how much more will I theoretically need to save up?

I too and debating between Russia, Greece, or turkey. For Russia I would say 15k minimum.
Russia has some well qualified doctors, but there are not that many diaries and it is very cold there so I can’t imagine it will be comfortable lengthening. But it is definitely in my top 3 list. Kulesh & leonid seem to be very well qualified but there are bad cases like ANDROID who had nerve damage however he was trying to cross lengthen which is never a good idea
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

asian

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 10:58:22 AM »

LON tibia with Dr. Parihar is a good option for low budget patients.
Femurs Stryde 8cm with Giotikas September 2020
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65588.0

SmallWorld

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 01:21:00 PM »

Thanks all who replied. I really appreciate it.

My next question: Will there be a substantial language barrier by me going to non English speaking countries?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 03:20:12 PM »

Thanks all who replied. I really appreciate it.

My next question: Will there be a substantial language barrier by me going to non English speaking countries?

A large percentage of doctors on this earth speak English.  But the degree of communication problems will depend not only on the country but also the doctor/hospital/city you get it done in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up