Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Severe Out-toeing after femur lengthening  (Read 241 times)

6CMFemurs

Severe Out-toeing after femur lengthening
« on: January 14, 2021, 04:50:08 AM »

7 years post op and I have some pretty severe out-toeing. I always out-toed a little bit even pre-op but not to this extent. Was wondering if any other femur vets have experienced this?

ghkid2019

Re: Severe Out-toeing after femur lengthening
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 05:26:05 AM »

You can probably get insurance to cover a solid portion of your future tibial lengthening. Rotational deformity. go to mahboubian or rozbruch. mahboubian has done this for a member of this forum and essentially his whole lengthening procedure costed like 40k for stryde or precice in usa.
"It is possible for us to live every moment of our daily lives in such a way that every moment becomes a moment of healing." - Thich Nhat Hanh

questpeanut

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 03:50:53 PM »

Did you have any out-toeing before surgery?

Did feel it got gradually worst post-op?

6CMFemurs

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:49:40 AM »

@Quest Peanut:

Always out-toed, but never fully realized the extent of whatever rotational deformity I have until I had LL and in the years since. Maybe before I could compensate enough with other muscles. But now the more I think about it, it was always kind of uncomfortable trying to put my feet together facing forward while standing. The part that bothers me the most post LL is I can't really push off while sprinting because of the outward angle of my feet, especially my right foot. I can gain full speed after a few several seconds of a jog, but I lack that initial explosiveness.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:53:22 AM »

@Quest Peanut:

Always out-toed, but never fully realized the extent of whatever rotational deformity I have until I had LL and in the years since. Maybe before I could compensate enough with other muscles. But now the more I think about it, it was always kind of uncomfortable trying to put my feet together facing forward while standing. The part that bothers me the most post LL is I can't really push off while sprinting because of the outward angle of my feet, especially my right foot. I can gain full speed after a few several seconds of a jog, but I lack that initial explosiveness.

las vegas baby

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:58:39 AM »

your a paley patient right? hes like the best of the best. I doubt he would have created a rotational deformity. it might be from some kinda muscle imbalance or weakness.

why dont you reach out to paley and ask him for an answer?

I seen some rozbruch videos where he puts these pins perpendiculer to the skin and makes sure theyre parallel. this is used to prevent rotational deformity. I think doing this would be muscle memory for paley and he couldnt have missed it.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:24:57 AM »

@ Las Vegas: If you read my last post, I don't think he caused it. It existed before (almost certainly congenital) , but it feels more severe than before, maybe because of soft tissue factors? Was seeing if any other vets noticed anything similar after femoral lengthening.

Arcon

« Reply #7 on: Today at 04:03:08 PM »

Hi, if you felt the difference in outoeing immediately or soon after the LL surgery, your surgeon probably did a mistake with the rotation during the surgery...Paley or whoever. Ask for a second opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up