Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 153cm to at least 165cm possible without looking weird?  (Read 2822 times)

canterk

153cm to at least 165cm possible without looking weird?
« on: January 14, 2021, 06:19:40 AM »

I'm a 26 year old Asian guy who unfortunately got bad genes. I'm skinny fat, 153cm tall with around the same wingspan. I realize someone else made a similar thread here but I'm looking for opinions for my specific case. I'm relatively healthy, experience some body pains every now and then but I'm trying to get a regular work out schedule partly to prepare my body for this surgery as well.

I want to attain at least 165cm (+12cm) so it looks like I'll have to do tibias and femurs. Any opinions? Is this too far-fetched? Should I lessen my target height? How much of a factor is age, considering I probably won't be able to get this done this year due to corona and travel restrictions?

Note I will be spending most of my life in places where the average height for men isn't over 175cm so I think 165cm shouldn't be too bad?

Considering Giotikas or Donghoon, still not sure who can do +12cm more reliably.

Skyisthelimit

Re: 153cm to at least 165cm possible without looking weird?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 09:10:42 AM »

Go for it! Go as far as your body lets you. In your case, I would set my goal at 8cm femurs and 6-7cm tibias with 8 months to a year between them. You should not be thinking about proportions at that height, that’s the least of your problems. Unless you’re in your forties, you shouldn’t worry that much about age. You should think about your overall health and your flexibility. At 26 you’re still relatively young. Both of these doctors have a good track but I believe Donghoon has more experience with reaching those numbers you’re aiming for. Best of luck!

canterk

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 10:04:24 AM »

Go for it! Go as far as your body lets you. In your case, I would set my goal at 8cm femurs and 6-7cm tibias with 8 months to a year between them. You should not be thinking about proportions at that height, that’s the least of your problems. Unless you’re in your forties, you shouldn’t worry that much about age. You should think about your overall health and your flexibility. At 26 you’re still relatively young. Both of these doctors have a good track but I believe Donghoon has more experience with reaching those numbers you’re aiming for. Best of luck!

Thank you, appreciate your thoughts. I've just been reading about LL on and off for a couple months now but admittedly I haven't done A LOT of research about it yet. I know there are generally accepted safe limits as far as the max. length is concerned. But is it too risky to lengthen femurs and tibias at the same time? I wouldn't mind waiting 8~12 months to do another lengthening surgery but I'm not sure how long it would take in total when we have to factor in the recovery period which, as far as I understand, is different for every person.

Edit: Also with a +12-15cm lengthening goal how much would this affect my physical abilities? I like biking and running as hobbies, wonder how much the surgery would affect my abilities. I am well aware that I might not recover to 100% but I wouldn't want to have the equivalent of a 60-year-old's legs either.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 10:07:01 AM »

Simultaneously doing both femur and tibia is torture. And you will likely do much less length than if you did them seperately. people give up early when doing both together. one guy wanted 4 + 6

and gave up at 3 + 3

you will liekly not be able to get 12cm at all, if you do them together. and if you do get 12cm, you will have ptsd and depression because you suffered alot even for LL standards

height over proportions btw
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

canterk

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 10:45:07 AM »

I see, thanks. So..., is the lengthening+recovery period really that bad? I've read some diaries but sometimes it's difficult to accurately judge how the person felt during the whole process just based on what they wrote on an internet forum. Also, tibias first or femurs first?

Thank you guys.

AnotherShorty

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 11:06:13 AM »

Hey Bud,

It's not about you reaching the average height. It's more about you lengthening to the maximum length possible. It should make you feel better, that's all. Don't compare because I see people getting CCL surgery at 178 cm, which is the height I can never reach even if I do two surgeries.

Simultaneous lengthening is not recommended by most Doctors. The best approach may be for you is to do 7 cm in the femur and 5 cm in the tibia. The recovery period is different for each individual... I would suggest you follow cyborg 4 life channel and watch his video for more info.

Your target height will also be decided by your surgeon, he will also suggest which part you should choose to lengthen first. So don't think about it for now.

It would help if you focus on finances and choosing the surgeon...

All the best mate...

Regards
We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

Highest

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 11:47:35 AM »

I've always heard that amount that can be lengthen is related to initial height rather than set numbers so 12cm might be very difficult for a 160cm tall man and less so for a 175cm tall man as they would be lengthening less percentage wise of their initial bone length.

Astronomy

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 03:15:49 PM »

I've always heard that amount that can be lengthen is related to initial height rather than set numbers so 12cm might be very difficult for a 160cm tall man and less so for a 175cm tall man as they would be lengthening less percentage wise of their initial bone length.
lengthening 12cm is not diffiucult for a 160cm+ tall man cuz their tibia bone lengths are 30cm-35cm on average and femur bone lengths are 38cm-43cm on average.15% of initial bone length is in safe range.
The least lengthening amount is 4.5+5.7=10.2cm(And nearly all of 160cm tall men got longer tibias and longer femurs)
But for 150cm tall men....I think it's for sure to lengthen no more than 8cm in all....
But don't panic.The idea about lengthening amount being always related to initial bong lengths is not always correct.There are a lot of special examples all the time even in this forum.
You should obey your surgeon's introductions and follow your body's feelings.

Siegfried

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 04:55:54 PM »

Cyborg Released an Interview with a quadrilateral patient, who did 12cm today. He did 5cm and 7cm on tibia and femur with precise 2. Quadrilateral does not equal torture by any means @ghkid
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Gman23

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 10:58:52 PM »

Lol it was me who had a similar subject in this forum. I’m only 3,4 cms taller then you. My heights 156cm/157cm with shoes on. Just like you my goals to do 2 surgeries gain 10cm plus. If you do 1 femurs surgery and gain a total of 8cm you will be at 161cm which is 5ft3 which isn’t bad...
Do a surgery on femurs first and if that goes well you can think about additional one.
Only problem you might have other then the surgery going wrong is proportion... having a short torso and short arms could possibly look obvious.
But honestly just go for it bro, it’ll all be fine. Being taller is better then being short any day.

Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Astronomy

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 12:01:59 AM »

Lol it was me who had a similar subject in this forum. I’m only 3,4 cms taller then you. My heights 156cm/157cm with shoes on. Just like you my goals to do 2 surgeries gain 10cm plus. If you do 1 femurs surgery and gain a total of 8cm you will be at 161cm which is 5ft3 which isn’t bad...
Do a surgery on femurs first and if that goes well you can think about additional one.
Only problem you might have other then the surgery going wrong is proportion... having a short torso and short arms could possibly look obvious.
But honestly just go for it bro, it’ll all be fine. Being taller is better then being short any day.
If a man is extremely short then proportion limitation won't pertain to him cuz in that case being much taller and finish surgery without disability is everything.
If considering proportion,no one can do 5cm+ lengthening according to wingspan and torso,but I'm firmly convinced no one who is very short will suffice 5cm height increasement.
I'm 163cm tall so I can deeply understand OP's feelings in addition to me being Asian to.
Doing 12cm lengthening will surely make OP look weird but in my opinion that's far better than being short.If fund permits,he can do rebreaking to achieve 16cm growth by Paley.

Gman23

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 08:09:38 PM »

If a man is extremely short then proportion limitation won't pertain to him cuz in that case being much taller and finish surgery without disability is everything.
If considering proportion,no one can do 5cm+ lengthening according to wingspan and torso,but I'm firmly convinced no one who is very short will suffice 5cm height increasement.
I'm 163cm tall so I can deeply understand OP's feelings in addition to me being Asian to.
Doing 12cm lengthening will surely make OP look weird but in my opinion that's far better than being short.If fund permits,he can do rebreaking to achieve 16cm growth by Paley.

Definitely, I believe he should do 2 surgeries too as at 160 cm he would be still short... 16cm I do not think that’s a good idea personally but if he wants he can do that
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

asian

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 10:46:18 AM »

12 is doable, lengthen femur 8cm first, to do tibia one year later. Compare to your height, the proportion is not something you should worry about...
Femurs Stryde 8cm with Giotikas September 2020
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65588.0

canterk

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 04:12:59 PM »

12 is doable, lengthen femur 8cm first, to do tibia one year later. Compare to your height, the proportion is not something you should worry about...

Thanks, I'll see if I can do 8cm femurs. Might be a stretch considering my initial height but I think the doctor and my body will be the best judge of this. I know height is my main problem here but I can't help but worry about having T-rex arms especially with my short wingspan.

Thank you all for your replies.

Edit: and asian I read your diary just recently, want to say congrats and I hope you're enjoying your new height :)

canterk

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 04:58:02 AM »

Hi guys i'm back with some other questions:

• My wingspan is 156cm would this look very weird or make other people think "he definitely did LL" if I reach 165cm?
  • My torso length - c7 to iliac crest - is 45cm. Won't my torso look too short as opposed to my height?
  • I understand the internal rods aren't removed right after the lengthening period is done. I read on cyborg4life's blog that they are removed after a minimum of 1 year. Can I do physical activities like running even with the rods still in place?

Thank you

permanentlybanned

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 05:19:00 AM »

Hi guys i'm back with some other questions:

• My wingspan is 156cm would this look very weird or make other people think "he definitely did LL" if I reach 165cm?
  • My torso length - c7 to iliac crest - is 45cm. Won't my torso look too short as opposed to my height?
  • I understand the internal rods aren't removed right after the lengthening period is done. I read on cyborg4life's blog that they are removed after a minimum of 1 year. Can I do physical activities like running even with the rods still in place?

Thank you

1) prob not
Don't get too hooked in proportions most people don't notice it's something no one cares abt

2) other alternative is stay short for life
Don't get too caught up in proportions. Better than staying short

3) ye u can do physical activities for sure
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Kal el

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 07:27:23 AM »

I will show u the pic of a guy who supposedly did 20cm in 3 surgeries...which i in no way believe but as far as i've heard it is wht it is....but frm his pictures i can definitely say tht he did LL....but am cautioning u plz not even in ur worst nightmare think abt doing 20cm even in 3 surgeries..reason are many and are not pretty..learned and experienced forum members can befit u with many but anyways as far as the pix goes here is the link....http://imgur.com/gallery/LkEkdJ7.....btw he was abt 158 before surgery r8 now ig he is 176 to 178 and the girl is 172 and the other guy on the r8 is 180(nearly 6ft).....here are a few more..http://imgur.com/gallery/IWctUAa..regards Kal

canterk

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 01:44:57 PM »

Yep I won't do 20cm that's for sure. In these pics it's pretty obvious that he did LL because of arm length.

3) ye u can do physical activities for sure

Thanks I really want to be able to do walking and biking after lengthening. Do you think I can start right after my 3 months of lengthening or how long do people usually wait until they're cleared to do physical activities (before rod removal)? I am planning to do stryde by the way as soon as they ship again.

donnyrick

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 05:03:45 AM »

It will look a bit odd but you can wear clothes in a way to hide the weird proportionality.

Because it is quite a lot of height gian finding a rlly good doctor and be willing to put alot of money is rlly important.

Tbf i would lessen my goals bc the complication rise with each cm you add on.

donnyrick

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2021, 05:12:23 AM »

This is going to sound harsh but=
Considering how short you are already, what is the purpose of going from 5 to 5'5. Maybe because you live in china that makes it reasonable to do.
In the west being 5'5 is already over for you. Thats my experience. I know that sounds super dark and morbid. But if i was 5 feet tall i would just accept it because going through torture to become 5'5 is meaningless.

At least if you are 5 feet tall you can be the weirdo freak and get some attention that way haha.

Ghostfish

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2021, 05:43:54 AM »

Yep I won't do 20cm that's for sure. In these pics it's pretty obvious that he did LL because of arm length.

Thanks I really want to be able to do walking and biking after lengthening. Do you think I can start right after my 3 months of lengthening or how long do people usually wait until they're cleared to do physical activities (before rod removal)? I am planning to do stryde by the way as soon as they ship again.
Hi canterk
I think considering your current height, two surgeries could or should be the way to go as you said.  In that case, I recommend you to start with tibia rather than femur, because tibiaa take much longer time to recover than femurs.  I know some patients who did femurs or tibias. Patients with femur cll got back to normal life much faster than ones with tibias.  Normal life include light sport (bike or jogging) or activity.  You can't expect to be able to run like sprint or to play basketball or tennis anything like that until you remove rods.

If you start with tibias for cll, you can have still time for your tibias to recover while you are doing surgery and recovery for femurs.  So you could save some time by this way, as supposed to have femurs followed by tibias.  I recommend femurs for most of ppl who are somewhat considering both tibias and femurs but without a certainty. 

Doing two segments together (normally 3-4 weeks after the first surgery which is normally femur) is extremely hard and there is a high chance you may stop before 10 cm in total.  If you are so sure that you can't find additional time for two separate surgeries, you can do this. If you can afford time, do two surgeries in apart.  That is the better option to achieve more length.

Finally, don't worry too much about proportion or arm length.  Ppl don't really care about other's arm length but do care about other's height at least to a certain degree.  Once you reach at least 10 cm, you can take a closer look at your arm length and can stop lengthening at any time you feel that is enough.

You are still very young! If you have time and money, go for it!! But just be careful and patient!!

Good luck!

permanentlybanned

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2021, 06:04:40 AM »

Considering how short you are already, what is the purpose of going from 5 to 5'5. Maybe because you live in china that makes it reasonable to do.
In the west being 5'5 is already over for you. Thats my experience. I know that sounds super dark and morbid. But if i was 5 feet tall i would just accept it because going through torture to become 5'5 is meaningless.

At least if you are 5 feet tall you can be the weirdo freak and get some attention that way haha.

This is so rude and dehumanizing.
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Kal el

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 08:39:53 AM »

How tall r u??

canterk

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2021, 03:03:12 PM »

How tall r u??

153 cm now. Like i said in my original post i got bad genes, short parents, but i dont blame them ofc.

Hi canterk
I think considering your current height, two surgeries could or should be the way to go as you said.  In that case, I recommend you to start with tibia rather than femur, because tibiaa take much longer time to recover than femurs.  I know some patients who did femurs or tibias. Patients with femur cll got back to normal life much faster than ones with tibias.  Normal life include light sport (bike or jogging) or activity.  You can't expect to be able to run like sprint or to play basketball or tennis anything like that until you remove rods.

If you start with tibias for cll, you can have still time for your tibias to recover while you are doing surgery and recovery for femurs.  So you could save some time by this way, as supposed to have femurs followed by tibias.  I recommend femurs for most of ppl who are somewhat considering both tibias and femurs but without a certainty. 

Doing two segments together (normally 3-4 weeks after the first surgery which is normally femur) is extremely hard and there is a high chance you may stop before 10 cm in total.  If you are so sure that you can't find additional time for two separate surgeries, you can do this. If you can afford time, do two surgeries in apart.  That is the better option to achieve more length.

Finally, don't worry too much about proportion or arm length.  Ppl don't really care about other's arm length but do care about other's height at least to a certain degree.  Once you reach at least 10 cm, you can take a closer look at your arm length and can stop lengthening at any time you feel that is enough.

You are still very young! If you have time and money, go for it!! But just be careful and patient!!

Good luck!

Thanks very much for your insightful post. I will consider doing tibias first even though the height gain will be less than femurs. Obviously i want to be taller faster and i would rather be 5'3" for a while than 5'2" for a while (need to wait 1 year before 2nd surgery afaik), but what you said makes a lot of sense. Thanks again.

I am not from China and I will not live in a western country where you must be at least 5'9" to be considered above average.

Anyway thanks for sharing your opinion.

Jamesy998

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2021, 03:42:19 PM »

Just by reading the way you speak I would not be surprised if you have no friends nor respect and you probably blame that on your height. Do yourself a favour and work on your people skills, maybe then you might just feel a boost of happiness in your life.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Zion

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 09:32:19 PM »

I would advise to maybe start with femurs as you could get more cm's. Believe me, once you are into this   you may not want to repeat the process, so in that case, better finish with the most gained cm's possible...

Kal el

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2021, 09:51:40 PM »

I am not talking abt u canterk..i was asking the height of that mindless cunt donnyrick.

thesolution

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2021, 09:53:56 PM »

I don't know if the guy really did 20cm or not but he looks pretty attractive to me. His arms are not too short but yes short for his height I guess it's kinda small not short looking. His legs look attractive too he has a good looking face he looks taller than 5'9-10"
Pages: [1]   Go Up