Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pain in leg after consolidation  (Read 697 times)

Megan12345

• Visitor
Pain in leg after consolidation
« on: January 21, 2021, 08:41:48 PM »

Hello,

I had my surgery in summer 2019 and had consolidated in february 2020. For the last couple of months i have been having pains in my left inner thigh mainly after i go on a walk. I have had xrays and i have been told they look fine but just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this or if this is normal until your rods are taken out? I have heard you can still get pain until they are removed but just want to know there is nothing wrong!

Thanks

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Pain in leg after consolidation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 09:03:53 PM »

@Movie has experienced this check out his diary or he will come by and comment here

Though it was sharp pain

Idk my bad your pain just seems pretty normal for long walks mayb atrophy recovery
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

curlyfella

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 11:48:14 PM »

does anyone have any idea of his prices in europe?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 12:23:06 AM »

It's expected to have random pains months after consolidation. There was also a point where after a few days of walking, I had such bad pain in my legs that I couldn't walk for like a week or something. I had fully consolidated but was still wearing my leg braces for added protection. I did externals, so no rods. I'd think that with the rods still inside, random pains when exerting yourself probably isn't out of the ordinary considering you had your marrow reamed and a big rod shoved in your canal. Since your x-ray looks good, I'd probably just take mild pain relief every time it acts up and then see how your body recovers over time after your rods are removed. 
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 04:20:23 AM »

I have been getting same type of pain and also around my quads. It should heal on it's own.  I think the cause is muscles weakness and body is adjusting to the new height.  I have been doing weight training (lunges, squats, hip abduction machine, leg extension, leg curls, clamshells) at the gym to make the muscles stronger and also lots of stretching. I  stretch after every weight training session and a long walk. I also use the foam roller and get deep tissue massages. I take 400mg ibuprofen when I have these type of inflammation and Ibuprofen does help. My bone consolidated within couple of months and I had high bone growth so I am not worried about ibuprofen.

Megan12345

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 10:45:33 AM »

Thanks everyone! Yes i am going to start stretching alot more and hopefully that helps!
Pages: [1]   Go Up