Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any giotikas price updates?  (Read 672 times)

dreamingtall

Any giotikas price updates?
« on: January 19, 2021, 11:01:35 PM »

Anyone know if he'll raise the price?
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

Activatedxx

Re: Any giotikas price updates?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 10:39:24 PM »

Anyone know if he'll raise the price?

He did like a year and half ago. Back then it was reasonable then he raised (he raised by few thousand euro or 4-5k usd).

It’s kinda pointless in my opinion to go to him now if you live in the states. Mahboubian is maybe 25k more and by the time you travel and all the other expenses you’ll save like 10k-15k max which is considerable but definitely not worth it. Would pay 10k-15k more to have done in USA any day
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Longer

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:16:31 AM »

1. You are oversimplifying. There are lots of people who aren't US-based and would save a ton of money by not travelling to the US.
2. What are your objective reasons for "Would pay 10k-15k more to have done in USA any day"? The not so great healthcare system? I can't see any reason for somebody from Europe going to the US for medical reasons besides going to one specific surgeon/physician who's the best in his particular field.

Arcon

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 08:51:57 AM »

He did like a year and half ago. Back then it was reasonable then he raised (he raised by few thousand euro or 4-5k usd).

It’s kinda pointless in my opinion to go to him now if you live in the states. Mahboubian is maybe 25k more and by the time you travel and all the other expenses you’ll save like 10k-15k max which is considerable but definitely not worth it. Would pay 10k-15k more to have done in USA any day

Hm, @Activatedxx..I don't quite follow your maths in your example. Flying to Athens from the US and stay there for a couple of months wouldn't cost more than 6k to 8k. Also, flying to LA from your home city and staying there for a few days or weeks will also cost a few dollars, so the net difference in your example could be as high as 20k, not just 10-15K!
But that's not the point. Giotikas has worked well with many US patients so far and I wouldn't even pay 1k more for a similar service or product, let alone 10-20k! This could be my new bike or my holidays package or my new bussiness after Iam done with my LL.

Activatedxx

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 10:52:46 PM »

1. You are oversimplifying. There are lots of people who aren't US-based and would save a ton of money by not travelling to the US.
2. What are your objective reasons for "Would pay 10k-15k more to have done in USA any day"? The not so great healthcare system? I can't see any reason for somebody from Europe going to the US for medical reasons besides going to one specific surgeon/physician who's the best in his particular field.

1: my post says “if you live in the states” meaning if you are in the USA

2: moving forward, if you live in the states I would rather pay slightly more and the doctor would be legally liable for any sort of mishap, not to mention quality of service. Sure healthcare system is   due to things like pricing, insurance, etc. but if you’re paying out of pocket it doesn’t really get much better than the usa, certainly not Greece

Activatedxx

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 11:22:11 PM »

Hm, @Activatedxx..I don't quite follow your maths in your example. Flying to Athens from the US and stay there for a couple of months wouldn't cost more than 6k to 8k. Also, flying to LA from your home city and staying there for a few days or weeks will also cost a few dollars, so the net difference in your example could be as high as 20k, not just 10-15K!
But that's not the point. Giotikas has worked well with many US patients so far and I wouldn't even pay 1k more for a similar service or product, let alone 10-20k! This could be my new bike or my holidays package or my new bussiness after Iam done with my LL.

Personally I would go with manhboubian he has had many good results. Giotikas is good too but the thing people don’t realize is he is just doing the osteotomy. He doesn’t control the anesthesia, or the hospital quality, etc. I would rather have a US hospital that has super high standards to operate, of course this is speculation but I would take an educated guess that the USA is going to have a lot better other factors than the Greece. Also, it’s not as cheap as you think, Russia/India is very cheap Greece Athens is a tourist destination and will cost maybe slightly less. However I wouldn’t spend that much money on internals at the moment, that is close to my entire savings, I would if I had 150k+ maybe. But if I did spend that much I would definitely choose mahboubian than giotikas for the slight 10-15kprice difference
Pages: [1]   Go Up