Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To all internal nail femur LL veterans  (Read 687 times)

pownzorgeek

To all internal nail femur LL veterans
« on: January 21, 2021, 12:36:46 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am planning to do internal femur lengthening using Stryde within the next few months.

I know there have been some threads about recovery already, but they are pretty old and they didn't differentiate between what method patients used for lengthening.

So I wanted to make this more specific, for all of you who are Stryde veterans, or perhaps Precice veterans and lengthened the femurs (regardless of the doctor): How is your life now months/years after the surgery? How is your athleticism compared to before? Do you have bone or joint pains anywhere? Also important: Did you have any complications, and do you think that you might perhaps have done a little less PT than you should have if you did in fact face problems?

Thanks!

azaghul

• Visitor
Re: To all internal nail femur LL veterans
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 02:39:19 AM »

Wish more people who did stryde would answer questions like these

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 03:00:14 AM »

If you read the diaries section there are dozens of people who can answer your question and have already answered it in their diaries. Just go to the end of their diaries and look for updates
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

pownzorgeek

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 08:04:39 AM »

If you read the diaries section there are dozens of people who can answer your question and have already answered it in their diaries. Just go to the end of their diaries and look for updates

Hi ghkid2019, you are right that there are quite a few Stryde diaries in the forum. Problem is, that most of the diaries (at least the ones I've seen) the person is only couple weeks after their treatment, or posting just after the distraction phase.

I am looking for veterans who did it more than a few months back, even a year or more if possible. I'm sure that a person's experience just 3 months after distraction can be different than a year later. It could be that little things that were annoying him couple of months after distraction and thought they would go away, are still there a year later for example.

Mule

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 12:00:21 PM »

Hi ghkid2019, you are right that there are quite a few Stryde diaries in the forum. Problem is, that most of the diaries (at least the ones I've seen) the person is only couple weeks after their treatment, or posting just after the distraction phase.

I am looking for veterans who did it more than a few months back, even a year or more if possible. I'm sure that a person's experience just 3 months after distraction can be different than a year later. It could be that little things that were annoying him couple of months after distraction and thought they would go away, are still there a year later for example.

Did Stryde in March 2019.
    Quality of life better, struggling with other aspects (work-related) but confidence has improved and height is something I worry about a lot less. I'll still sometimes worry about it a bit, but it is far reduced. It's mostly if I read something like don't swipe right if you're not 6ft, but then I think I probably wouldn't want to be with somebody like that anyway, I'm average now and that makes me happy.
    Athleticisim probably slightly reduced, I can run about 5k, probably similar to pace before op etc.
     I haven't been to the gym since I had it done (because of moving around and lockdown) but when I do squats at home its more difficult.
    I occasionally still get a bit of pain at night in my legs in various regions but it goes if I have either paracetamol or ibuprofen.
    Overall no regrets at all.
    [/list]

pownzorgeek

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 02:37:51 PM »

Did Stryde in March 2019.
      Quality of life better, struggling with other aspects (work-related) but confidence has improved and height is something I worry about a lot less. I'll still sometimes worry about it a bit, but it is far reduced. It's mostly if I read something like don't swipe right if you're not 6ft, but then I think I probably wouldn't want to be with somebody like that anyway, I'm average now and that makes me happy.
      Athleticisim probably slightly reduced, I can run about 5k, probably similar to pace before op etc.
       I haven't been to the gym since I had it done (because of moving around and lockdown) but when I do squats at home its more difficult.
      I occasionally still get a bit of pain at night in my legs in various regions but it goes if I have either paracetamol or ibuprofen.
      Overall no regrets at all.

Hey Mule,

thanks for the info! How many cms did you do? Would you say the pain you occasionally feel is muscle/soft tissue related? And would it have helped if you had done more PT perhaps?

Mule

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 07:16:18 PM »

6.3cm
    I’m not sure I don’t know how to tell the difference really?
    Possibly again I’m not sure how more PT would have changed things. I couldn’t have done much more during the lengthening as I had it 5x a week

FormerKidd

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 07:47:55 PM »

6.3cm
    I’m not sure I don’t know how to tell the difference really?
    Possibly again I’m not sure how more PT would have changed things. I couldn’t have done much more during the lengthening as I had it 5x a week

I think many people slack at some point on the PT, or simply don't do it as often and push themselves as hard as they could.  That said, you can actually go to PT at Paley's and a other few places more than once a day, you just have to pay and it's expensive.

Mule

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 07:55:44 PM »

I think many people slack at some point on the PT, or simply don't do it as often and push themselves as hard as they could.  That said, you can actually go to PT at Paley's and a other few places more than once a day, you just have to pay and it's expensive.

I also did stretches at hone 3x a day every day

pownzorgeek

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 09:44:06 PM »

I also did stretches at hone 3x a day every day

That's already quite a lot of PT I'd say, along with your normal PT sessions. You mentioned running. If I understood you correctly, you're saying you can run about the same pace as pre op, but get tired at about 5km?
    Pages: [1]   Go Up