Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Salesmen for doctors have flooded this forum!!  (Read 1430 times)

BelowTheMean

Re: Salesmen for doctors have flooded this forum!!
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2021, 12:19:46 AM »

Someone who supports a doctor that much, especially when he is clearly a salesman, most of the times is a promoter, otherwise he does not have a clear view.
Maybe you simply support your doctor without taking on account what I've said, about how bad is for LLers to people know a lot aboit this surgery and promote it even on pages like unilad with million members.

And that noone would care about LL is just your opinion.
Most.of us known how suspicious  can people become if they see you suddenly with fixators or even without walking properly (with internals only where nothing is visible) after some surgery and then becoming taller.
With internals though, most people could keep that surgery easily confidential, but if someone promotes everywhere that something invisible can make you taller, then more and more people will suspect it.

Maybe you are ok with that. But you'll see the reactions of people, especially women, if they knew what you did and trust me, they will never feel the same about you again.
Most will think of you as a weirdo or  too insecure to want you as a mate.
If thats ok for you, for me it is not.
And after all, if a doctor is careful, experienced and a true professional, people will come to him much kore than being a merchant showman who promotes everywhere LL with even lies, as Paley saif about D.

So I don't know if you are a promoter. What I know is that D's tactics are bad for LLers.

I think you should be careful who you call a promoter. Does it look like I made this account to only talk about Dr. D and how great he is? Have I tried to convince anyone on here to get this surgery at all, let alone specifically with Dr. D? This account is older than yours, you know. I never said I disagree with all your points. We agree on some things and disagree on others.
  • I agree with you that it would be easier to keep LL a secret if no one was promoting it.
  • I agree with you that many people would treat you differently (especially women you plan on dating) if they know you got cosmetic LL. I don't plan on telling anyone that I did it.
  • I strongly disagree with the magnitude to which promoting LL will impact any of us personally. Because it is such an invasive procedure that will never become mainstream, there will never be enough people doing it that it would be considered common knowledge. There are probably only thousands or maybe tens of thousands of people doing it every year in the western world. There are billions of men on the planet. Most people hardly even look up from their phones when they're talking to other people. You greatly overestimate how much other random people care about you, especially on stuff like this. The people on this forum are not representative of the normal population. We are the tiny few that actually bothered to look into this and/or are getting it done. Most people that finish their LL get off the forums and go back to living normal lives. Even if an LL article gets 1 million page views on a site like Unilad, it's not within the realm of realism for most people, so they'll read the article like we might read about someone getting surgery to look like Elvis and then forget about it 10 minutes later. No one is going to suddenly start suspecting that other people got LL.
  • As for Dr. D promoting the procedure, he's building a business and a brand around it so it's natural for him to do so. Every surgeon promotes themselves, it's really just a question of how much and in what fashion. I'm personally not going to blame him for trying to make money, but I can see what makes you upset about it. I'm sure in the long run he'll find which avenues actually help him get real patients and focus on those. (I doubt anyone reading about it on Facebook or Snapchat can actually afford it in the US.) I'm sure he's not going to throw away marketing dollars if he's not getting a good return on it.
  • Besides, just look at the comments for any of the LL articles you mentioned, that are going to a wide audience. Almost all of it is mockery and jokes, like you might see on an article about people getting cosmetic surgery to look like Elvis or Kim Jong Un. When you have actual male models, celebrities, or politicians getting LL and going public about it, that's the day I'll believe that it can be considered mainstream and be worried about people knowing. In the meantime, anyone that sees a guy limping around is just going to assume he had a sports accident.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Vibes

Re: Salesmen for doctors have flooded this forum!!
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2021, 01:39:29 AM »

I wasnt referring to atl just cll in general: even with stryde non-union can occur.

You aren't wrong, but with STRYDE non-unions are much less likely given the rate control and ability to shorten the nail in these cases.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up